Author Topic: TV Shows  (Read 139683 times)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
TV Shows
« on: April 16, 2013, 12:18:51 pm »
I figured I'd make this since we don't have a general thread for shows we like. Feel free to discuss any TV shows here, old or new.

I've watched a few episodes of Bob's Burgers, and it's okay so far. Everyone tells me it gets better, but I can't bring myself to actually enjoy the characters. The kids mostly annoy me, and the adults, while funny at times, just aren't likeable. It's also strange to see Archer's voice on Bob, which brings me to my next point...

Archer. I absolutely loved the first three seasons. Not a single episode I disliked. Season four has been a huge disappointment, which is saddening since it was the only show I actually followed.

Also, last night while watching random Simpsons clips, I had the urge to have a Simpsons marathon. It's been so long since I've seen the many, many good episodes, and that show was part of my childhood.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Art Vandelay

Re: TV Shows
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, 05:24:08 am »
I've started watching Dexter and so far the first season was fantastic, even if the ending was a bit predictable. Needless to say, I have rather high hopes for the rest of the show.

QueenofHearts

« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, 05:34:29 am »
Archer's a fucking awesome tv show, but I missed most of season 4 :(. Queen is a sad panda. That and Metalocalypse. Can't wait for season 5 (for both) to come out. They're pretty much the only two shows I watch anymore.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, 01:15:24 pm »
I mostly watch non-fiction, documentary, medical, and paranormal-type shows (When I come across them while flipping around).  The only fictional show I make it a point to watch regularly is Doctor Who.   Not much of a TV-watcher otherwise.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, 01:30:56 pm »
Not much of TV watcher, though I always make note to watch both Game Of Thrones, and Boardwalk Empire when they air. Outside of those two shows, the only show that is still in the works that I watch is MLP:FIM. Also the cancelling of Star Wars: The Clone Wars makes me a sad panda, I really wish Disney will hurry and get their shit together, because I would greatly appreciate something Star Wars related on the small screen again sooner rather than later.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, 04:02:20 pm »
Archer's a fucking awesome tv show, but I missed most of season 4 :(. Queen is a sad panda. That and Metalocalypse. Can't wait for season 5 (for both) to come out. They're pretty much the only two shows I watch anymore.

Man, I almost forgot about Metalocalypse. I wanted to keep watching after the awesome season two finale, but I kinda got lost in the sauce. I really need to catch up.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2013, 10:14:18 pm »
Looks like Futurama is cancelled again. I haven't seen any episodes after the first two of the comedy central era. Were any of them any good?

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2013, 04:02:57 am »
Looks like Futurama is cancelled again. I haven't seen any episodes after the first two of the comedy central era. Were any of them any good?

Hell fucking yes, some of them were absolutely HEARTBREAKING and others were magnificent enough to make even hard motherfuckers smile.  This final season is shaping up to probably be the best of the end.

Seriously, watch the new stuff.  You won't be disappointed.  Also, this cancellation is for good.  The creators have said themselves they're pretty much done, and that they've had a good run that nobody else can really boast about.  Come on, coming back TWICE from the dead? They don't want to push their luck any farther.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2013, 04:44:41 am »

Hell fucking yes, some of them were absolutely HEARTBREAKING and others were magnificent enough to make even hard motherfuckers smile.  This final season is shaping up to probably be the best of the end.

Seriously, watch the new stuff.  You won't be disappointed.  Also, this cancellation is for good.  The creators have said themselves they're pretty much done, and that they've had a good run that nobody else can really boast about.  Come on, coming back TWICE from the dead? They don't want to push their luck any farther.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2013, 09:50:02 am »
I'm pretty much exclusively a Top Gear guy. Ironic for my profession, I never really watched much live action TV after I grew up; the most episodes I've seen of any show that wasn't Top Gear has probably been my own work.

However, I am watching The Walking Dead on Netflix right now and I'm on the last episode of the first season. It's definitely got good drama and high production values, and I can see how important character development is. But they seem to have erred too much on the side of making too many people just plain stupid or terrible, and it ends up (at least in the first season) feeling more like a bunch of idiots and nuts endangering themselves and their friends and family and somehow stumbling into success.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #10 on: April 28, 2013, 01:23:20 am »
I watch a bunch of random crap on tv. Southark, family guy, doctor who, supernatursl, bobs burgers. But my absolute favorite show has got to be the Gruen Transfer.

Not sure if america has their own version though. Its all about advertisement and here its headed by a very prominent comedian, wil anderson
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: April 28, 2013, 02:30:08 am »
Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite, followed by South Park.
I liked The Office before Steve Carell left.

Shows everyone talks about that I have never seen: Game of Thrones, Doctor Who (don't even know what they are about)
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2013, 03:39:09 am »
I watch a bunch of random crap on tv. Southark, family guy, doctor who, supernatursl, bobs burgers. But my absolute favorite show has got to be the Gruen Transfer.

Not sure if america has their own version though. Its all about advertisement and here its headed by a very prominent comedian, wil anderson

What's the Gruen Transfer about?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2013, 04:36:37 am »
Basically you have Wil, a comedian, and 3 other people at the panel that work in the industry, and they basically bring up all the advertisements theyve seen that week in various media that is stupid, funny and clever. And they discuss it.

They way im describing it sounds a bit dry, but Wil makes everything freakin hilarious. My favourite segment is The Pitch, where viewers throw in demented ideas for campaign ads, like promoting the public swearing fine or banning all religion. And they get two ad companies to make an ad for it. I would link but my tablet likes to be a bitch in links
« Last Edit: April 28, 2013, 04:39:07 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Saturn500

« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2013, 06:05:33 pm »
Big Bang Theory is currently my favorite,

That certainly explains where you got your inability to succeed at humor from.