Author Topic: OH Shit moments in gaming  (Read 19804 times)

Distind

Re: OH Shit moments in gaming
« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2013, 02:24:42 pm »
Had one in terraria of all things. Got a random item I'd caught just before it hit the lava, then went to look up what it did.
(click to show/hide)

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #91 on: January 02, 2013, 11:20:46 pm »
Was playing Halo 4 earlier. Went in to bash some Jackals... and a fucking Elite with an energy sword jumped out at me.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #92 on: January 03, 2013, 05:13:28 am »
A couple RPG ones from a couple Star Wars games I was running.

1.  I was running a darkside campaign that took place 1000 years before the movies.  My wife and friend were part of a darkside group that was feuding with both the Jedi and the Sith.  In one adventure, they had to sneak into a Jedi temple (In my game, there were numerous small temples throughout the galaxy) to steal something.  Well, my wife got Really good at the mind trick and somehow convinced even the Masters that she and my friend's character were both Jedi.  (The #1 rule in my games is that if you get yourself into a mess, you get yourself out.)  This worked great until they were about to leave.  My wife's character made a mind trick roll against a padawan guard while saying, "Bow before your mistress."  She flunked her roll.  The padawan rolled a critical success, and all hell broke loose . . . 5 steps from the door!

2.  My friend and little brother were in a Rebellion-era game, playing as aliens working for the rebels.  They managed to steal the plans for the Death Star and escape, but one of their teammates was (presumbably) lost in the battle, leaving them a little bitter, despite their victory.  For the next part of the mission, they were to pose as a damaged freighter that Leia's ship 'stumbles' across, with info being transfered during the 'repairs.'  However, two things to remember; one; they still weren't in the best of moods, and two; my brother is a smart *** (I don't know where he gets it from.).  The dialog over the radio went like this:

Tantive IV Commander:  "Merchant vessel, this is the Tantive IV.  We noticed you are suffering malfunctions.  Do you require assistance?"

Brother's character:  "Yeah we got your plans for the Death Star.  How much you gonna pay us for 'em?"

Flash forward one week when they got captured by the Imperials.  The captain, who's questioning them, reads off a transmission they intercepted:

Captain:  "We intercepted this transmission:  'Merchant vessel, this is the Tantive IV.  We noticed you are suffering malfunctions.  Do you require assistance?'  'Yeah we got your plans for the Death Star.  How much you gonna pay us for 'em?'"

(My friend slowly turned and looked right at my brother, who was staring down at his paper.  After about 30 seconds of total silence, my brother finally spoke.)

"Well, it was funny when I said it last week . . . "

Then, a few minutes later, they had another moment.  After the Imperial Captain told them he knew exactly where the Rebel base was, since their ship's computer was connected to the PC's, the heroes escaped and ran through the Star Destroyer.  Finding the computer room, my friend's character (the computer slicer) thought it'd be a brilliant idea to wipe the SD's navcomputer clean. 

They managed to get back to their ship, take off, and started to set their coordinates when this happened:

Friend's Character:  "Set course for Yavin."
Computer:  "Location unknown."
Friend:  "Okay, set course for Alderaan."
Computer:  "Location unknown."
Brother:  "Was our computer still hooked up to theirs when you wiped it clean?"
Friend:  "Well I . . . um, oops!"

Those were some of my favorite games.  Give them a mission with a clear goal but no real path to get to it, sit back, and laugh the rest of the night as they fall into one mess after another.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"