Author Topic: Teens Set Kid On Fire For Being a "White Boy"  (Read 9936 times)

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Teens Set Kid On Fire For Being a "White Boy"
« Reply #45 on: April 23, 2012, 04:43:43 am »
OP: Fuck these guys.

Can you clarify about the country music stuff? Was it her family who did the complaining? Because it seems... odd to me that the court should care about a kid listening to country music.

It was the foster care agency/foster parents going on about it.  They said it was part of her "cultural issues."  There is no trying to understand it really.  You cannot make sense of the senseless.  My girl thought these people were morons. 

And it was 'determined' that I caused the cultural issues.  It's kind of weird really about that.  At one point I had as much 'black' music in my home as 'white' music.  While my daughter was growing up, I had music such as Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, etc playing probably more than the so called 'white' music.  I was labeled a racist because I didn't like her father at one point.  They had the attitude that I only disliked him because he is black.  Okay, so aren't they really saying that if a white man had done those things to me that I would've had no problem with it??  Like a white man is incapable of beating and torturing someone??  I think history has shown otherwise?  It is totally irrational and insulting to say that a girl/young woman would only object to being abused if the abuser was of another ethnicity.
Agree.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, 04:45:25 am by Yla »
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #46 on: April 23, 2012, 05:58:58 am »
I understand what both you and her are saying. It could just be that I'm reading it incorrectly, and I will admit that Mezuzas has already left a bad taste in my mouth with her story in the Santorum thread.

Between this: "This PC world doesn't want to admit this type of thing goes on though."

and this: "While I am still not a bigot, I no longer am blind to the fact that many black people hate whites to the point of wanting to kill them. "

I personally think cases such as these are quite rare in Europe and America where the majority of the population are white and thus the majority of racism is directed from whites towards other minorities. However in Africa the reverse is much more common. Unfortunately it comes with the misguided belief that brutally raping and killing a white family is not racism because it is valid payback for the oppression the whites caused. One of the local political figures admitted in court that in 1994 when South Africa had its democratic elections and the ANC took power that he was waiting for the signal and he would start shooting and killing white people. He had a gun on him at the time just for that.

Racism knows no colour. However, in this case, I cant help but wonder if there might have been more to this story. The fact that the assailants said that "this is what he deserves" implies they had some misguided reasoning behind their attack. The Nation of America has taken a bit of a concerning groundswell in racism because of the attention the Tavon Martin case brought up. It wouldn't surprise me is people completely unaffiliated start doing stupid racist things because of this perception of significantly higher racism. I would like to know more about this incident to be honest.

That said, this is clearly a hate crime, regardless of motivations. I sometimes wonder if a non racial society is even possible anymore.

Offline Danarth

• Apprentice
« Reply #47 on: April 23, 2012, 07:19:01 am »
Just goes to show how bile, hatred and insipid fuckwittery know no bounds.