Author Topic: Teens Set Kid On Fire For Being a "White Boy"  (Read 9894 times)

Offline mezuzas

• Neonate
Re: Teens Set Kid On Fire For Being a "White Boy"
« Reply #30 on: April 22, 2012, 07:02:24 pm »
Dammit, this kind of shit needs to stop between ALL humans.

It's been going on since bible days, unfortunately.  Nothing has ever really changed but the terms used to describe it. 

I hope this poor kid has a good recovery.  It sounds like his little brother is really traumatized from it too.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #31 on: April 22, 2012, 07:06:16 pm »
Can you clarify about the country music stuff? Was it her family who did the complaining? Because it seems... odd to me that the court should care about a kid listening to country music.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #32 on: April 22, 2012, 07:14:38 pm »

Amen.

Ditto to that. mezuzas, my heart goes out to you and your daughter.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #33 on: April 22, 2012, 07:18:43 pm »
Yet another example of why I am a deeply committed equal opportunity misanthrope.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline mezuzas

• Neonate
« Reply #34 on: April 22, 2012, 07:19:52 pm »
Can you clarify about the country music stuff? Was it her family who did the complaining? Because it seems... odd to me that the court should care about a kid listening to country music.

It was the foster care agency/foster parents going on about it.  They said it was part of her "cultural issues."  There is no trying to understand it really.  You cannot make sense of the senseless.  My girl thought these people were morons. 

And it was 'determined' that I caused the cultural issues.  It's kind of weird really about that.  At one point I had as much 'black' music in my home as 'white' music.  While my daughter was growing up, I had music such as Queen Latifah, Mariah Carey, etc playing probably more than the so called 'white' music.  I was labeled a racist because I didn't like her father at one point.  They had the attitude that I only disliked him because he is black.  Okay, so aren't they really saying that if a white man had done those things to me that I would've had no problem with it??  Like a white man is incapable of beating and torturing someone??  I think history has shown otherwise?  It is totally irrational and insulting to say that a girl/young woman would only object to being abused if the abuser was of another ethnicity.

Offline mezuzas

• Neonate
« Reply #35 on: April 22, 2012, 07:23:06 pm »

Amen.

ty

I'm really worried about her.  She's almost 16 years old now.  She's still my baby though.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #36 on: April 22, 2012, 08:34:27 pm »

Amen.

ty

I'm really worried about her.  She's almost 16 years old now.  She's still my baby though.

If I remember correctly, there are ways to "emancipate" youth in some cases, rendering them legal adults prior to the age of 18. When she turns 18 you and her will be able to re-establish a connection and build a new life together, because you cannot legally carry over a limitation on visitation rights from childhood to adulthood. (When a child is "mature enough", then they are allowed to have more of their own say in the process, but they must be adults to actually have any legal rights.)

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: April 22, 2012, 08:53:33 pm »
*snip*

I would say that worthless waste of biomass(acknowledging he's a living creature is an insult to the lowest virus) should be shot, but that doesn't seem painful enough.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #38 on: April 22, 2012, 09:15:40 pm »
*hits the stop lever*

Ok I guess I get to be the one to do this.  Mezuzas while your story is sad and all....it's starting to smell like a Lifetime movie of the week.  Seriously a lawyer getting disbarred for trying to help you?  The entire town turning against you for how you raise your daughter?  Your daughter suddenly turning on you after being taken from your custody?  Yeah I'm sorry to say it sounds like you should be be played by Valerie Bertinelli and he should be played by Sean Hayes.

Ironbite-until I see something more I'm gonna say that this is just a story...a horrible horrible horrible story.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #39 on: April 22, 2012, 09:46:56 pm »
*hits the stop lever*

Ok I guess I get to be the one to do this.  Mezuzas while your story is sad and all....it's starting to smell like a Lifetime movie of the week.  Seriously a lawyer getting disbarred for trying to help you?  The entire town turning against you for how you raise your daughter?  Your daughter suddenly turning on you after being taken from your custody?  Yeah I'm sorry to say it sounds like you should be be played by Valerie Bertinelli and he should be played by Sean Hayes.

Ironbite-until I see something more I'm gonna say that this is just a story...a horrible horrible horrible story.

Am I horrible for laughing at this?? Now, it's not that I don't doubt Mezuzas's story, it's just that Ironbite has a point about it sounding like a Lifetime movie of the week.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 09:48:52 pm by nickiknack »

Offline Dantes Virgil

• Bishop
« Reply #40 on: April 22, 2012, 09:59:07 pm »
Stories like the OP's link are why I'm going to reject any attempts at redefining racism as prejudice plus institutional power.  At least for now.  :(  Poor kiddo.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #41 on: April 22, 2012, 10:07:49 pm »
Seriously a lawyer getting disbarred for trying to help you?

Actually, that makes perfect sense. If a party to a suit speaks with an attorney about the suit, even if that attorney is not hired, that attorney (and any attorney in that firm) cannot represent the other party. So if, as she said, her ex-husband contacted every attorney about the divorce, no attorney could represent her because the "other party" created a conflict.

The attorney who represented her after meeting with her husband broke the Rules of Professional Responsibility. Violating the Rules can result in disbarment. The disbarment in question probably wasn't permanent, but a temporary disbarment is a reasonable punishment, especially if the attorney in question knowingly violated.

The entire town turning against you for how you raise your daughter?

Again, this makes since. Small towns have a tendency to be insular, and people do take sides on issues. If her ex-husband is known in the town, the divorce would get a lot of attention.

Your daughter suddenly turning on you after being taken from your custody?

I didn't get the impression that her daughter had turned on her. (I may have missed something, though.) It just seemed to me that she lost custody of her daughter and the daughter is now living with her ex.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, 10:13:10 pm by erictheblue »
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline mezuzas

• Neonate
« Reply #42 on: April 22, 2012, 10:50:38 pm »
*hits the stop lever*

My daughter has not turned on me.  She was begging to come home.  We actually grew closer after she was taken.  My baby wanted to come home to me.

If a party consults with a lawyer on a case, it can be considered conflict of interest for the lawyer to accept the opposing side as a client and is grounds many times for penalties up to disbarment. 

There have been cases even more outrageous than mine.  It happens a lot in this country.  I have actually tried helping people before who had cases worse than mine.

Offline Whore of Spamylon

• Bishop
« Reply #43 on: April 23, 2012, 12:04:20 am »
inb4 "But minorities still can't be racist"

Is Honky McCracker/Devil's Chaplin still around?

“Before you diagnose yourself with depression or low self-esteem, first make sure that you are not, in fact, just surrounded by assholes.” - William Gibson

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #44 on: April 23, 2012, 12:06:38 am »
inb4 "But minorities still can't be racist"

Is Honky McCracker/Devil's Chaplin still around?

Only on the main site comment section IIRC