Author Topic: GoFundMe campaign I just created to help fund my chainmail  (Read 2240 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
GoFundMe campaign I just created to help fund my chainmail
« on: January 26, 2015, 06:35:04 pm »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78

At risk of begging, please donate if you can! I've already posted a link to some of my work; I want to be able to do it for a living, not just a hobby.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: GoFundMe campaign I just created to help fund my chainmail
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2015, 08:06:42 pm »
TFW when some guy's court costs are making more money than your legitimate artwork.
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2015, 09:23:11 am »
As much work as it takes to make even a small bit of chainmail, you already demonstrate that you have the drive and enthusiasm to do well. One suggestion for a quick bit of extra income from this: small 4 to 6 inch squares of stainless steel chainmail sell for 25 and up on Amazon and eBay. They are marketed for safely scouring seasoned cast iron cook ware, which has gotten a big resurgence in popularity amongst the "prepper" community, campers and hikers, and general green-conscious people who are discontinuing use of household cleaning chemicals and soaps. You'll find examples of pan scrubbers all over....all from the same one or two chainmail makers. The chain scrubbers sell quite well.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2015, 05:00:22 pm »
^ That's a good idea, Mellen.   

Sirius, your decorative/wearable mail items are great, but there are others you can hook in as well.  The practical spin of Mellen's idea is a great way to appeal to the people who wouldn't really be into chain mail in a decorative form.   
Some folks are a big fan of form and function in one.

Alas that's all the help I can give.  As much as I would like to donate to help you, I've not got much wiggle room when it comes to expenses.  My extra cash so far has been going into funding for emergency vet visits for my catkids.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2015, 05:05:01 pm by SpaceProg »