Author Topic: Apocalyptic Clusterfuck  (Read 8954 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Apocalyptic Clusterfuck
« on: April 04, 2012, 05:38:26 pm »
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/

Basically, it's a right-wing evangelical Christian fundie website. And everything is of teh d3bbil. Mostly, it's just lulzy. I mean, what the hell is going on in that top banner?

Just from the front page, I found this article. Apparently using tattoos to monitor vital signs will lead us to a dystopian cyborg future. lol wut

http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/blog/?p=9546

What I find fascinating is the way that cyborgs have stealthily evolved on Earth. In popular culture, humans and machines are usually seen as separate, from the films of Arnold Schwarzenegger to the forthcoming movie Robot and Frank.

They are often pitted against each other.

This summer will see the 100th anniversary of the birthday of the British artificial intelligence pioneer Alan Turing, and there will be much talk of his influential test of synthetic minds in which a “chatbot” is deemed intelligent if it can fool us into thinking that it’s human from its written responses (the “Turing test”).

Yet all the while, humans have steadily fused with devices such as pacemakers, contact lenses, prosthetics, insulin pumps and cochlear and retinal implants.

“For years, techno-futurists worried about a doomsday moment when electronic brains and robots got to be as smart as us,” said Dr Andrew Nahum, senior keeper at the Science Museum.

Researchers are now looking at exoskeletons to help the infirm to walk, and implants to allow paralysed people to control limbs. Some are even discussing how to enhance brain power by electronic plug-ins. And, of course, there’s now also the prospect of smart skin, thanks to the efforts of Dr Rogers’s team in Illinois.

Forget about the rise of cyborgs, or indeed the Borg of Star Trek and the Cybermen of Dr Who. Millions of cyborgs walk among us already. Within a few decades, it won’t be so easy to tell humans and machines apart.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Apocalyptic Clusterfuck
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, 07:27:27 pm »
I...I don't even know what this is.

Ironbite-I hope it's poe.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, 07:33:27 pm »
People never tire of end-timing.  In this country its popularity is exceeded only by sex and the NFL.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2012, 09:11:50 pm »
This does make me smile!

It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, 01:03:21 am »
Weren't fundies going on about how credit cards are the mark of the beast a one point?

Why do they insist on taking that 'shroom trip of a last book seriously anyway? Why is it always the "mark" they go on about, why not sword-in-mouth-metal-foot-Jesus?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Distind

« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2012, 06:04:55 am »
Weren't fundies going on about how credit cards are the mark of the beast a one point?
And UPC Codes, Probably find some who said it about social security numbers too.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #6 on: April 05, 2012, 09:48:31 am »
and QR codes...
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #7 on: April 05, 2012, 10:28:47 am »
The real mark of the beast is the Bible itself.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2012, 02:32:49 pm »
And UPC Codes, Probably find some who said it about social security numbers too.

Oh I KNOW they said that about the Social Security numbers.  My mom remembers the stories flitting around her parent's generation when it came out.

Offline tempus

• Bishop
« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2012, 05:23:24 am »
Hey, I see they've got classic FSTDT nutbirds Samuel Gipp and Debbie Schlussel as members. 

Even better, on the front page, they're plugging health books from the 1930s.   Lawlz. 

The conspiracy theory 101 section is a hoot--there's a picture of the cover of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion there, but are they arguing for or against it? 
Congratulations.  You found Ronald Reagan. He’s living in each and every one of you.  Just waiting to gnaw his way out of your chest and skitter off into the ventilation ducts.

--Neckfucker

That shape...that figure...those curves...god damn the weighted companion cube has never looked so good!

--Anonymous

Los Angeles is a city of brick, steel, concrete, and asphalt. There's no room for cows.

--CommanderCoffee

Offline DrFishcake

• The Beast
  • A vegetarian called Fishcake. Long story.
« Reply #10 on: April 08, 2012, 06:34:25 am »
Hey, I see they've got classic FSTDT nutbirds Samuel Gipp and Debbie Schlussel as members. 

Even better, on the front page, they're plugging health books from the 1930s.   Lawlz. 

The conspiracy theory 101 section is a hoot--there's a picture of the cover of the Protocols of the Learned Elders of Zion there, but are they arguing for or against it? 

It has always amazed me that Schlussel hasn't been quoted more often on FSTDT, considering she is basically Ann Coulter x 1.5.

OT: Apocalyptic Clusterfuck is the greatest subject line ever.

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #11 on: April 08, 2012, 06:40:21 am »

It would be an epic name for a heavy metal band...
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #12 on: April 08, 2012, 08:54:38 am »

It would be an epic name for a heavy metal band...
I can see it working for a death/black metal band, myself. :D
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Saturn500

« Reply #13 on: April 29, 2012, 03:44:25 pm »
 ;D I haven't laughed this hard since...since...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1aCgWyF2c" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO1aCgWyF2c</a>

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #14 on: April 29, 2012, 07:27:07 pm »
The mark of Cain is the use of agricultural equipment