Author Topic: How I am voting in this year’s elections.  (Read 6399 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch

Art Vandelay

Re: How I am voting in this year’s elections.
« Reply #16 on: October 29, 2018, 06:37:52 pm »
Expanding the military is different from military interventions. We need to have a strong military to keep our enemies at bay.
Not in terms of your original complaint. It wastes lives and money. Of course, it does greatly enrich hardware manufacturers, though I'm sure the likes of Raytheon and Lockheed and their lobbyists are totally not the real reason for the state of your massively bloated military or anything.
His military interventions are to stop terrorists that our threats to us.
Hold that thought.
Arms sales to Saudi Arabia is not a military invervention since the US is not fighting in the Yemen war, and in fact is a mutually beneficial deal since the US gets money off of the arms sales.
You know where the vast majority of Islamic terrorists get their funding from? Here's a hint, it starts with an S and ends in audi Arabia. Not just by funding the groups themselves directly. They also establish and fund Wahabi Mosques and private schools all over the world, including the west. Of course, the US runs on Saudi oil, so naturally the best you guys and your "tough on terrorism" president can do is pretend it doesn't exist.
Privatizing Wars means that private mercenaries will do the fighting for us.
Once again, still just as costly in terms of lives and thousands of times more costly in terms of taxpayer funds. It's an excellent money spinner for the mercenary companies and their shareholders, though. Though, again, I'm sure they and their lobbyists are totally not the real reason for this or anything.
The tarrifs did lead to a renegotiated trade agreement. http://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/09/24/trump-renegotiated-trade-agreement-south-korea/amp/
Meanwhile, outsourcing to places like China and India continues unabated.
A crashing economy is only Bill Maher’s sick fantasy. The fact that he is wishing for it, shows that it is not likely to happen.
No, it's basic economics and backed up by history. A deregulation induced boom is followed by a crash. It happened in the 30's, it happened in the oughts and it's all set to happen again in the very near future thanks to Trump. This is why there is (was) regulation in the first place. To keep economic growth steady rather than a sine wave of booms and busts.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #17 on: October 29, 2018, 07:14:35 pm »
Funny how conservatives say that the government should only be responsible for war and immigration, and then want to outsource war to private armies that do whatever the fuck they please.

It's almost like they don't have any guiding principles at all except whatever the man with the green tells them to do.

And for the record, show me proof of Obama giving amnesty to immigrants. It shouldn't be hard to provide.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: October 29, 2018, 08:35:16 pm »
Expanding the military is different from military interventions. We need to have a strong military to keep our enemies at bay.
Not in terms of your original complaint. It wastes lives and money. Of course, it does greatly enrich hardware manufacturers, though I'm sure the likes of Raytheon and Lockheed and their lobbyists are totally not the real reason for the state of your massively bloated military or anything.
It does not waste lives if there is not a war. Building a strong military is not a waste of money because it is for the important goal protecting the nation.
His military interventions are to stop terrorists that our threats to us.
Hold that thought.
Arms sales to Saudi Arabia is not a military invervention since the US is not fighting in the Yemen war, and in fact is a mutually beneficial deal since the US gets money off of the arms sales.
You know where the vast majority of Islamic terrorists get their funding from? Here's a hint, it starts with an S and ends in audi Arabia. Not just by funding the groups themselves directly. They also establish and fund Wahabi Mosques and private schools all over the world, including the west. Of course, the US runs on Saudi oil, so naturally the best you guys and your "tough on terrorism" president can do is pretend it doesn't exist.

True, Saudi Arabia does fund terrorism and mosques and they are also responsible for Khashogi’s death. However the arms deal does not directly contribute to their funding of terrorism and mosques because it is giving arms, not money. The arms deal was to get money and also to counter the threat of Iran, another country that funds terrorism and is a bigger threat to the US.
Privatizing Wars means that private mercenaries will do the fighting for us.
Once again, still just as costly in terms of lives and thousands of times more costly in terms of taxpayer funds. It's an excellent money spinner for the mercenary companies and their shareholders, though. Though, again, I'm sure they and their lobbyists are totally not the real reason for this or anything.
But it is lives of private mercenaries not American troops. In the long run, it will cause there to be less taxes for wars if private companies are fighting the wars for us.
The tarrifs did lead to a renegotiated trade agreement. http://www.breitbart.com/politics/2018/09/24/trump-renegotiated-trade-agreement-south-korea/amp/
Meanwhile, outsourcing to places like China and India continues unabated.
Well if South Korea renegotiated a trade agreement, China and India will eventually follow.
A crashing economy is only Bill Maher’s sick fantasy. The fact that he is wishing for it, shows that it is not likely to happen.
No, it's basic economics and backed up by history. A deregulation induced boom is followed by a crash. It happened in the 30's, it happened in the oughts and it's all set to happen again in the very near future thanks to Trump. This is why there is (was) regulation in the first place. To keep economic growth steady rather than a sine wave of booms and busts.
It was the Big Banks that were responsible for the Great Depression and the 2008 recession. The 2018 Bank Deregulation Bill deregulated the small banks. The regulations of the Dodd-Frank Act is still in place for the largest banks.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 08:53:52 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: October 29, 2018, 08:37:32 pm »
Funny how conservatives say that the government should only be responsible for war and immigration, and then want to outsource war to private armies that do whatever the fuck they please.

It's almost like they don't have any guiding principles at all except whatever the man with the green tells them to do.

And for the record, show me proof of Obama giving amnesty to immigrants. It shouldn't be hard to provide.

Obama is responsible for the DACA policy.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 09:14:00 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #20 on: October 29, 2018, 09:21:57 pm »
It does not waste lives if there is not a war. Building a strong military is not a waste of money because it is for the important goal protecting the nation.
But there are wars. Two of them, in fact, plus you're bombing several more countries on top of that. Not to mention, the straight up bloat that is very clearly not serving any purpose whatsoever other than to waste money. Foreign bases, for example. There are zero threats to the US that are countered by US soldiers sitting around and doing nothing in places like Germany and Japan. The only people who actually benefit from such an arrangement are the private hardware suppliers. The good old military-industrial complex, in other words. Though again, I'm sure they and their lobbyists totally aren't the real reason the US government approves hundreds of billions of dollars expanding the military, all while crying "we can't afford it" whenever the issue of universal heathcare comes up.
True, Saudi Arabia does fund terrorism and mosques and they are also responsible for Khashogi’s death. However the arms deal does not directly contribute to their funding of terrorism and mosques because it is giving arms, not money. And the death of Khashogi has hurt America’s relations with Saudi Arabia.
Are you fucking stupid? Of course selling weapons to the guys who supply terrorists contributes to terrorism. No to mention, you know pretty much all of the Saudi's wealth comes from selling oil to the US, right? Guess where the money they're giving to terrorists ultimately comes from. That's right, America.
But it is lives of private mercenaries not American troops. In the long run, it will cause there to be less taxes for wars if private companies are fighting the wars for us.
It's still Americans dying in a war. I'd love to know how you think mercs will somehow be cheaper. You know the US government is paying them for their services, right? That's how mercs make money. Surely you don't think paying and outfitting soldiers is somehow a profitable activity in and of itself, right?
Well if South Korea renegotiated a trade agreement, China and India will eventually follow.
Yeah, right. I don't know if you realise this, but South Korea is a fellow first world country. South Korean sweatshops aren't really a thing nowadays in the first place.
It was the Big Banks that were responsible for the Great Depression and the 2008 recession. The 2018 Bank Deregulation Bill deregulated the small banks. The regulations of the Dodd-Frank Act is still in place for the largest banks.
Assuming you're not wrong or outright lying, you're still not paying attention. Financial deregulation is bad. Deregulating just small banks is less bad than deregulating all banks, but that doesn't mean it's not bad.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #21 on: October 29, 2018, 10:05:52 pm »
DACA wasn't actual amnesty.

But you know who did give amnesty to undocumented immigrants?

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #22 on: October 29, 2018, 10:19:10 pm »
Of course arms sales are military interventions, why do you think the good stuff is restricted to allies?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2018, 10:26:09 pm »
But there are wars. Two of them, in fact, plus you're bombing several more countries on top of that. Not to mention, the straight up bloat that is very clearly not serving any purpose whatsoever other than to waste money. Foreign bases, for example. There are zero threats to the US that are countered by US soldiers sitting around and doing nothing in places like Germany and Japan. The only people who actually benefit from such an arrangement are the private hardware suppliers. The good old military-industrial complex, in other words. Though again, I'm sure they and their lobbyists totally aren't the real reason the US government approves hundreds of billions of dollars expanding the military, all while crying "we can't afford it" whenever the issue of universal heathcare comes up.
True, Saudi Arabia does fund terrorism and mosques and they are also responsible for Khashogi’s death. However the arms deal does not directly contribute to their funding of terrorism and mosques because it is giving arms, not money. And the death of Khashogi has hurt America’s relations with Saudi Arabia.
Are you fucking stupid? Of course selling weapons to the guys who supply terrorists contributes to terrorism. No to mention, you know pretty much all of the Saudi's wealth comes from selling oil to the US, right? Guess where the money they're giving to terrorists ultimately comes from. That's right, America.
It's still Americans dying in a war. I'd love to know how you think mercs will somehow be cheaper. You know the US government is paying them for their services, right? That's how mercs make money. Surely you don't think paying and outfitting soldiers is somehow a profitable activity in and of itself, right?
Yeah, right. I don't know if you realise this, but South Korea is a fellow first world country. South Korean sweatshops aren't really a thing nowadays in the first place.
Assuming you're not wrong or outright lying, you're still not paying attention. Financial deregulation is bad. Deregulating just small banks is less bad than deregulating all banks, but that doesn't mean it's not bad.

1. The wars the US is currently involved in are to defeat terrorists who are threats to the US. And having foreign bases shows our enemies that we are everywhere and can defeat them anywhere.

2. Well the arms deal was to counter the threat of Iran, another country that finances terrorism, and is a greater threat to the US. And we unfortunetely have to buy oil from Saudi Arabia because when they did an oil embargo on the US in the 1970s over the Arab-Israel conflict, it caused an energy crisis.

3. But it will be the private companies that will be paying the mercenaries, and there will also be non American mercenaries in the private armies as well so it will decrease the number of American deaths.

4. China and India are still major world trading players, so they will also eventually negotiate a better trade deal because they will be tired of being hurt by the trade war.

5. But too much regulation is also bad. The regulations were burdens on the small banks and prevented them from unleashing their full economic potential. Why should small banks be regulated the same way as complex financial institutions? They have far less money that they are managing.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:01 pm »
DACA wasn't actual amnesty.

But you know who did give amnesty to undocumented immigrants?

DACA was de facto amnesty. And Reagan’s amnesty was meant to be a one time only amnesty to illegals from before 1982, and that same act he signed made it illegal to hire or recruit illegal immigrants.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2018, 10:35:11 pm by Jacob Harrison »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: October 29, 2018, 10:30:58 pm »
Of course arms sales are military interventions, why do you think the good stuff is restricted to allies?

But arms sales do not cause the deaths of US soldiers.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: October 29, 2018, 10:35:44 pm »

They do when the customer then turns around and gives the weapons to ISIS (remember, Saudi Arabia and ISIS subscribe to the same form of fundamentalist Sunni Islam), which then uses said weapons to shoot at US soldiers.

https://www.wired.com/story/terror-industrial-complex-isis-munitions-supply-chain/
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: October 29, 2018, 10:48:05 pm »

They do when the customer then turns around and gives the weapons to ISIS (remember, Saudi Arabia and ISIS subscribe to the same form of fundamentalist Sunni Islam), which then uses said weapons to shoot at US soldiers.

https://www.wired.com/story/terror-industrial-complex-isis-munitions-supply-chain/

After discovering similar weapons over the past six months, he has grown to believe that ISIS may have captured the warheads from anti­government militias in the Syrian civil war that had been secretly armed by Saudi Arabia and the United States.

It was Obama who stupidly funded untrustworthy Syrian militias in that civil war, so it is his fault that ISIS got those weapons. The weapons the US recently told to Saudi Arabia are being used in the Yemen Civil War, not in Syria where ISIS is, so ISIS likely won’t get their hands on them.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #28 on: October 29, 2018, 11:01:03 pm »
1. The wars the US is currently involved in are to defeat terrorists who are threats to the US. And having foreign bases shows our enemies that we are everywhere and can defeat them anywhere.
Weren't you against the wars earlier on? in fact, I believe your exact words were "the cuckservatives got the US into the stupid Iraq War that caused mass US casualties and burdened the economy". Funny how you do a complete 180 just so you don't have to admit the entire US military and everything it does is little more than a cash cow for hardware manufacturers.
2. Well the arms deal was to counter the threat of Iran, another country that finances terrorism, and is a greater threat to the US. And we unfortunetely have to buy oil from Saudi Arabia because when they did an oil embargo on the US in the 1970s over the Arab-Israel conflict, it caused an energy crisis.
It's an objective fact that money and weapons given to the Saudis find their way to Sunni terrorists. That's not up for debate. At best, your government is fucking braindead and at worst, knowingly assisting ISIS's sugardaddy.
3. But it will be the private companies that will be paying the mercenaries, and there will also be non American mercenaries in the private armies as well so it will decrease the number of American deaths.
What private companies? In fact, assuming such private companies exist in the first place, why the fuck would they do that? They can either spend hundreds of billions funding mercs directly or hundreds of millions lobbying the US government to pick up the tab. Which do you think they're going to do?
4. China and India are still major world trading players, so they will also eventually negotiate a better trade deal because they will be tired of being hurt by the trade war.
They've got other trade partners and at worst, they only have to wait a few years for the current dumpster fire of a government to be replaced. Shit's not about to change anytime soon.
5. But too much regulation is also bad. The regulations were burdens on the small banks and prevented them from unleashing their full economic potential. Why should small banks be regulated the same way as complex financial institutions? They have far less money that they are managing.
Ah yes, that's always the story, isn't it? "Regulation is bad! Without it, we could totally siphon off all the money unleash our full economic potential!" Once again, how does that usually end?
« Last Edit: October 30, 2018, 01:39:19 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2018, 12:11:55 am »

No dead GI's=/=no military intervention.