Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156319 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #510 on: November 30, 2017, 03:34:57 pm »
Now that TruthvLies guy is telling me that because the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment starts with "Congress shall make no law", it ONLY applies to actions of Congress, and therefore a public school can have whatever school-led prayer they want, I guess.

I really feel like I should have another counter-argument to that besides what I've been going with, which is basically "that's not the way that's been interpreted because the 14th"....

I LOATHE that guy.  He was so bad I blocked him for a while.  Now it's probably time to go ten rounds with him again.  Have you got a link to all your fun?

But of course....

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/prayer_of_thanks_removed_from_elementary_schools_thanksgiving_program_following_complaint_christian_/#comment-3639853884

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #511 on: December 02, 2017, 06:40:53 pm »
Now that TruthvLies guy is telling me that because the Establishment Clause of the First Amendment starts with "Congress shall make no law", it ONLY applies to actions of Congress, and therefore a public school can have whatever school-led prayer they want, I guess.

I really feel like I should have another counter-argument to that besides what I've been going with, which is basically "that's not the way that's been interpreted because the 14th"....

There isn’t another answer. That’s the only answer, and the correct one. He’s just another member of the apparently-growing, sovereign-citizen adjacent movement to delegitimize the Supreme Court.

I’ve been calling them Radical Originalists, but feel free to help me come up with a better term. Regular originalists are the people who think that courts should only rule according to the exact, literal, intent of the framers of whatever constitutional provision they’re reading. Radical originalists believe this as well, PLUS they believe that any rulings that don’t follow this scheme can simply be ignored. It’s never been made clear to me who makes that decision. The Really Really Supreme Court?

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #512 on: December 03, 2017, 09:08:38 pm »
Christian Persecution Syndrome is in full flower over at Community Council
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-communitycouncil/ladycheckmate_qa/

Our old friend Jerome, Jason ….,…. Maxwell Edison needs help

Can anyone be so kind as to flag Netizen James, Mark Sebree and that Silas guy? In the school coach praying story at Christian News (dot) net Silas is trying to get me banned by telling lies because I am going after the Anti-Christian trolls in there. The mod is once again not doing their job and banning these lefty libtards when they openly attack people of faith and lie about it!

Fortunately, Robin Egg is trying to help him win his battle of wits with the unGodly. If you have a moment lend your support - Go vote up their valiant effort to rid the world of diverse thought.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #513 on: December 04, 2017, 06:56:45 am »
Fortunately, Robin Egg is trying to help him win his battle of wits with the unGodly. If you have a moment lend your support - Go vote up their valiant effort to rid the world of diverse thought.

His little plea, now that I checked on it, actually seems to have done SOME good for them.  A bunch of those posts were removed.  I went through the Silas ones and many that were removed were harmless.
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #514 on: December 04, 2017, 07:16:08 am »
Interesting, I tried to flag a bunch of Maxwell’s obnoxious name-calling posts and had no option to actually submit them.  I got a list of reasons I was flagging the comment but there was no SUBMIT button, only CANCEL.

I will try later on when I am not in my phone.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #515 on: December 04, 2017, 02:20:11 pm »
This is what he's up to now...

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #516 on: December 04, 2017, 02:26:10 pm »
Don't go looking for the previous exchange, by the way...Christian News Network removed it and deleted everything.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #517 on: December 04, 2017, 03:06:59 pm »
We’re not trying to get him removed so we can “spread hate unchallenged.” Maxwell spreads hate and anger better than anyone I know.

We’re trying to get him punished (not necessarily banned) to teach him some humility. Because so far, he doesn’t seem to grasp that spewing anger, spite, and derision at everyone who disagrees with him is not a mature or effective way to communicate.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #518 on: December 04, 2017, 03:11:52 pm »
We’re not trying to get him removed so we can “spread hate unchallenged.” Maxwell spreads hate and anger better than anyone I know.

We’re trying to get him punished (not necessarily banned) to teach him some humility. Because so far, he doesn’t seem to grasp that spewing anger, spite, and derision at everyone who disagrees with him is not a mature or effective way to communicate.

Problem is, he never learns his lesson.  He is always banned out of sheer obnoxiousness, he seriously has no patience for people who disagree with him.  Basically he can't NOT call people names.  So he's not difficult to spot when he returns with a new name.

The thing he used to say that pissed me off the most is, you'd express disagreement and he'd say "Would you like a tissue?"

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #519 on: December 05, 2017, 09:31:35 pm »
Can we work on getting Maxwell axed, please?
Anyone over at CNN.  They WILL delete his comments if he calls someone a name, which is often.  Just flag the comments where he does that.  That should be all we need to do.

Offline CrowFood

• Neonate
« Reply #520 on: December 05, 2017, 10:43:39 pm »
Can we work on getting Maxwell axed, please?
Anyone over at CNN.  They WILL delete his comments if he calls someone a name, which is often.  Just flag the comments where he does that.  That should be all we need to do.
I have, though it’s kinda like squishing ants. Also, I found it immensely curious that, of all the posts that he flagged, the one of mine that got deleted is the only one I actually cited the Bible. I can’t decide if that fits the definition of irony or not...

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #521 on: December 05, 2017, 10:45:13 pm »
I have, though it’s kinda like squishing ants. Also, I found it immensely curious that, of all the posts that he flagged, the one of mine that got deleted is the only one I actually cited the Bible. I can’t decide if that fits the definition of irony or not...

And once again you are flagged for anti-Christian stuff when you never even mentioned Christianity (in your post to him just prior to that one).
« Last Edit: December 05, 2017, 11:15:38 pm by Jocasta »

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #522 on: December 05, 2017, 11:17:59 pm »
If anything, he is far worse than he ever was when he was Jason Todd.  Now he doesn't block people, he just goes "Troll post. Flagged."  And he's successful at getting the posts removed far more often than he ever used to.

I posted a direct link to the post he made on Lady Checkmate's channel where he called us all libtards and said the mod at Christian News wasn't doing their job.  Needless to say it was deleted.  I appear not to be banned, but he's doing his best.  I have to lay low a couple days both for the good of the situation and my temper...he irritates me so much I want to kick his teeth in.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #523 on: December 06, 2017, 12:02:52 pm »
A breakthrough!  Inspiration struck earlier, don't know why it took me so long to figure this out, but...

I have access to a Disqus channel where I am the moderator.  In other words, I can do the same thing Lady Checkmate does, remove people at my whim (not that I would do that, but you get the idea).

I thought, why not "page" all the great Christian News Network posters over to one place to organize ourselves a bit, just as Amos/Maxwell/Checkmate are doing?  After all, if they're on Disqus (which they MUST be in order to comment at CNN) you can message them.

So I did...and to my delight we've already heard back from Croquet Player, Michael C and Rookheight and that's after only an hour.  Others are sure to be on their way.

We can FINALLY get a bit organized and put up a united front against the BS we see daily.

If you have a Disqus account and want to join us, here's the link:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-asthedykturns/christian_news_network_message_to_the_embattled/

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #524 on: December 10, 2017, 09:41:27 am »
Many of the worst people on Christian News Network are being "assembled" and organized into a discussion group by Lady Checkmate, which is REALLY interesting to me because she mostly keeps to her two echo chambers on Disqus and only goes to Christian News Network to upvote Amos.

Here is the channel she is using for this purpose:
https://disqus.com/home/channel/communitycouncil/

Here's the thead where she makes the call-out:
https://disqus.com/home/discussion/channel-communitycouncil/socks_trolling_christian_news_network/

She's keeping her "Peewee the Troll" story alive and well and amazing no one is calling her on it, gullible little sheep they are.  That's right, Lady Checkmate, you are only being "trolled" by one single person with 6 million accounts.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 09:43:03 am by Jocasta »