Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2023694 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #840 on: March 27, 2012, 06:47:41 am »
Yeah.

Because we all know mine is biggest.

Distind

« Reply #841 on: March 27, 2012, 11:15:39 am »
Yeah, well I'm atheir than the lot of you.

I'm apparently so athei that god has targeted the intersection I live at as being in need of yet another church. Mind there are 3 in the area already, and this new one is claiming that god told them another one was needed directly infront of where I live. They sent out a mass mailing to detail this to the community.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #842 on: March 27, 2012, 12:07:20 pm »
It went from being in the 70's to the 40's outside, and I have a really runny nose.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #843 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:29 pm »
Yeah, well I'm atheir than the lot of you.

I'm apparently so athei that god has targeted the intersection I live at as being in need of yet another church. Mind there are 3 in the area already, and this new one is claiming that god told them another one was needed directly infront of where I live. They sent out a mass mailing to detail this to the community.

Off the top of my head, I can think of five churches that are within general walking distance of my home, and a bunch more that I pass on my commute to work. I'm indifferent to most of them, but a nearby LDS church has led to many unwelcome visits from pushy Mormon missionaries.

Every spring and summer, a bunch of 20ish "Elders" will fly up from Utah in order to help the local church members proselytize. I dunno, maybe Canadian Mormons suck at preaching or something. Anyway, the frustrating part is that you're forced to be somewhat of a dick if you want them to stop showing up, as they'll treat any politeness on your part as a way of getting their foot in the door. It's a major piss-off when people put you in a position where you have to feel like an asshole just because you don't want them shoving their beliefs down your throat.

I have a very hard time being forceful with people, but the final straw was when four of them showed up at the same time, the intention obviously being to overwhelm me by having so many people brow-beating me at once. Too bad for them that one of my berserk buttons happens to be people trying to intimidate me -- which is precisely what they were trying to do, regardless of how they want to frame it.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #844 on: March 27, 2012, 07:19:51 pm »
Should've just showed them your girls.

Ironbite-they would've left you alone much sooner.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #845 on: March 27, 2012, 09:25:33 pm »
Or, just answer the door wearing a big, obvious pendant with a pentagram with a goat's skull in middle on it.  Bonus points if it looks like its had blood splashed on it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #846 on: March 27, 2012, 09:52:46 pm »

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #847 on: March 28, 2012, 02:31:27 am »
I suspect we would not see so many cartoons depicting 'the rape of lady liberty' if liberty was personified as male. Indeed I think female symbols in general (Lady Lliberty, Britannica, Marianne, Justice etc.) seem to suffer sexual assault disproportionately to their male counterparts, who rarely have to endure sexual humiliation no matter the cartoonists message.

This annoys me.
Oh look it's me.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #848 on: March 28, 2012, 03:57:17 am »
Kids. Oh dear fucking lord do I hate kids. I swear, I catch any more of the little bastards fucking with my laptop again... Well, let's just say there'll be a few less kids in the world from that point onwards.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #849 on: March 28, 2012, 11:25:19 am »
I'm in the lab right now, and the girl behind me is being an annoying bitch, putting words in the mouth of the guy sitting beside her. It's registration time, and it sounds like she wants him to take a class with her. Apparently he has to make a phonecall to ask about this course, and because he's not doing it this instant, the girl is saying, "Well, you must not want to take the class with me, then. Someone else who really wants the class is calling right now. You just don't want to be with me. You don't want it. You don't want it."

I'm going to drive her head through the goddamn monitor if I hear any more of her whiny shit.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #850 on: March 28, 2012, 02:08:26 pm »
When I manage to right my sleeping schedule a bit but I still feel tired.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Cloudy

« Reply #851 on: March 28, 2012, 02:35:08 pm »

THIS.  I finally have my insomnia under control thanks to a new med, but I'm still way more tired than I should be.  Caffeine helps, but it can only do so much. 

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #852 on: March 28, 2012, 09:02:23 pm »
When everybody is passing through the ticket gates at the uni station. I'm in the middle of the crowd, I cant move any faster and someone behind me goes "oh my god move faster" and pokes me

Dude, I can't move any faster, but if you poke me again, I sure as hell can move slower. Dont tempt me.

EDIT: (for a thing i discovered today)

There are more people in the bronie group than in the LGBT group. This boggles my mind, I'm starting to think the bronies just took the members from the LGBT group and went "you know what, 90 percent of these guys are gay, have at it"
« Last Edit: March 28, 2012, 09:09:49 pm by Deimos »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #853 on: March 29, 2012, 08:53:01 am »
I didn't get the industrial placement year I applied for. Ballsing arseing crap. I was sort of relying on that to actually give me some employability after uni.

Ah well. I guess I'll just go to plan B and start spamming my professors to see if they've got any research projects I can get in on over the summer.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #854 on: March 29, 2012, 11:38:22 am »

THIS.  I finally have my insomnia under control thanks to a new med, but I'm still way more tired than I should be.  Caffeine helps, but it can only do so much. 

Yeah, I can't rely on caffeine like I used to be able to thanks to my heart. But if I sleep when I'm tired during the day my sleep schedule will get effed up.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!