Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025009 times)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #525 on: February 19, 2012, 01:09:39 pm »
I'll have to look into that.  Unfortunately, if I were to unfriend everyone on my list that annoyed me in some way, I'd end up deleting most of my list.  Of course, about a third of my list is family that I don't even associate with anymore, so they pretty much need to go.  Most of the rest is either people I went to school with of whom most I don't talk to, or ex-coworkers, and I don't talk to most of them either.  And about 90%, or more, are conservative Christians.  Most don't bother me about being a Buddhist, but I think some try to send subtle hints every now and again that they're unhappy with my decision.  But, as I've gotten older, I've taken a "if you don't like me, then fuck off" attitude toward people, and this is especially true of family, or so-called.
People don't know if you unsubscribe. It's specifically so you can be non-confrontational.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #526 on: February 19, 2012, 02:40:12 pm »
My seeming inability to do homework until the absolute last minute, when it's piled up to the point where I'm buried.

Also, phantom eyelashes.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #527 on: February 19, 2012, 02:53:59 pm »
Earworms.  Namely the one I have squirming around in my head at present.  Sonny and Cher's  I've Got You Babe.  Yeah, don't ask how it got there in the first place...

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #528 on: February 19, 2012, 07:34:40 pm »
All of my favorite bands are headlining music festivals that I can't see because they're too far away.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #529 on: February 19, 2012, 10:25:14 pm »
Something else that annoys me?  Getting hit on...especially when my mind gets in the way.  So I'm in the convenience store earlier this evening, and the really cute cashier girl is flirting with me.  Now, I'm a dunce when it comes to noticing when girls are hitting on me, and my friends normally have to tell me.  But this girl was being quite conspicuous about it.  So, what does my brain do?  Tries to figure out why.  I have some low self-esteem, but I'm not depressed about it.  I accept the fact that I'm not a very great person.  So, this girl is hitting on me, and my brain goes "scanning for sarcasm."  That's the first thing.  But I couldn't find any sarcasm.  So then my brain goes "scanning for mocking attitude."  Again, none found.  My brain tries to figure out why any girl, and especially a cute one like this, would possibly hit on me.  By the time my brain was done, and couldn't find any disgenuousness (is that even a word?), I was halfway out the door.  And now I'm kicking myself over it.
All things are no-thing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #530 on: February 19, 2012, 10:54:31 pm »
That I was making fun of some fanboys/girls for having an fight about a subject matter and I end up fighting about it with my own little group of geeks on FB. Stupid irony of it all...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #531 on: February 20, 2012, 01:08:29 am »
Something else that annoys me?  Getting hit on...especially when my mind gets in the way.  So I'm in the convenience store earlier this evening, and the really cute cashier girl is flirting with me.  Now, I'm a dunce when it comes to noticing when girls are hitting on me, and my friends normally have to tell me.  But this girl was being quite conspicuous about it.  So, what does my brain do?  Tries to figure out why.  I have some low self-esteem, but I'm not depressed about it.  I accept the fact that I'm not a very great person.  So, this girl is hitting on me, and my brain goes "scanning for sarcasm."  That's the first thing.  But I couldn't find any sarcasm.  So then my brain goes "scanning for mocking attitude."  Again, none found.  My brain tries to figure out why any girl, and especially a cute one like this, would possibly hit on me.  By the time my brain was done, and couldn't find any disgenuousness (is that even a word?), I was halfway out the door.  And now I'm kicking myself over it.

Maybe she was just bored? I don't see working as a cashier being a particularly mentally stimulating job, so maybe her flirting was more to break the monotony than any interest in you in particular.

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #532 on: February 20, 2012, 01:22:46 am »

Maybe she was just bored? I don't see working as a cashier being a particularly mentally stimulating job, so maybe her flirting was more to break the monotony than any interest in you in particular.

That's one of my main guesses.  I'd rather that be the case than my own brain cock-blocking me.  :p
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:24:35 am by one-shot »
All things are no-thing.

Offline Hades

• Balsiest Motherfucker Present
  • The Beast
  • This is a ride, not a fight
    • Fruits of Apathy
« Reply #533 on: February 20, 2012, 07:04:48 am »
A trend I've noticed in the way young girls speak. It might be knit picky on my part, but I am tired of hearing the word "amazing" pronounced "amayzeen". It's not like I hear it often, but when I do, it irritates the hell out of me.
22:22 <SugarFreeJazz> the time for hats is now

"I don't know what it is, but nothing makes me hard like the thought of Megan Fox without any skin." - Existentialist Goofy

Offline Sandafluffoid

• Bishop
  • Defective Detective
« Reply #534 on: February 20, 2012, 07:48:39 am »
I am trying to move in with my friend into a cheaper and nicer apartment within the next week. This is all manageable considering how fast property moves in Shanghai, but my racist motherfucker of a flatmate who is half the reason I am moving in the first place has said he wants no chinese or women in the flat. Which eliminates 80% of the people I could get. This means unless I find someone I either have to shell out rent for two places at once whilst I find someone or stay in this place with that twat and screw my friend over because she cannot find anyone to take over for me in time.
Oh look it's me.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #535 on: February 20, 2012, 08:07:37 am »
Oral surgery. I spent about 2 hours afterwards choking on my own blood and saliva because my mouth was too numb to swallow anything.

Update: Now my bottom jaw is swollen, meaning I can barely open my mouth. On top of that, the Oxycodone/Acetaminophen tablets I'm supposed to take every 4 hours are making me drowsy and giving me a really erratic sleeping schedule.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #536 on: February 20, 2012, 11:05:35 am »
A trend I've noticed in the way young girls speak. It might be knit picky on my part, but I am tired of hearing the word "amazing" pronounced "amayzeen". It's not like I hear it often, but when I do, it irritates the hell out of me.
If by "trend" you mean "popular girls" since, oh, the 70s. ~sigh~

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #537 on: February 20, 2012, 11:44:08 am »
When we get enough snow and ice to make cleaning off my car a real bitch, but not enough to cancel classes. Because fuck commuters, let's cater to only the folks in dorms.

Also adding to this because I'm annoyed today -- people who have to prance around and tell everyone, "I'm in this field. Hey. HEY! I'm a [insert profession]. Not many people do it, so I guess I'm totally 100% awesome because I have the brain power for it, unlike you. But it's cool though, I'll still talk to you, because I need to feed my ego every five minutes or I'll curl up into a ball after realizing how worthless I really am. I'm not being an arrogant dick or attention whoring or anything, I'm just doing you a favor by educating you and giving you someone to talk to."
« Last Edit: February 20, 2012, 01:10:22 pm by Sleepy »
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #538 on: February 20, 2012, 05:28:38 pm »
When eating cheese doodes cause your fingertips to get an orange tint to them.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #539 on: February 20, 2012, 06:27:52 pm »
Earworms.  Namely the one I have squirming around in my head at present.  Sonny and Cher's  I've Got You Babe.  Yeah, don't ask how it got there in the first place...

It's better than having a song from a naughty vaudeville act in your head during a work meeting.  I'm trying to come up with new educational strategems, and the tape in my head is playing, "No balls at all/No balls at all/She married a man who had NO BALLS AT ALL!"

Not annoying, but tragic:  Discovering in the morning that when you got home last night, you ran over a bird egg.  My only consolation is that it's probably from one of those damned ducks that are everywhere.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!