Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387425 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2325 on: June 16, 2018, 02:51:27 pm »
The UN human rights council is a joke anyway.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2326 on: June 17, 2018, 03:34:52 am »
Well Fox is basically the republican party propaganda wing. I don't think Hillary would be so blatant if someone in the media she liked was on the lawn. I'd imagine it would be more likely they'd beg her to let them in but she'd be too busy screwing over the poor to deal with any of them.

And as for the other topic I'm not shocked. Trump wants to pull out of pretty much everything vaguely international because to him it means AMerica isn't number 1. It's total bs but par for the course with him.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2327 on: June 17, 2018, 04:01:24 am »
I don't think Trump even wants necessarily to pull out of everything international. He wants to pull out of everything Obama did.

The Paris climate accord was one of Obama's best accomplishments (even if it was too little, too late). So Trump withdraws from it.

The Iran nuclear deal was one of Obama's best accomplishments. So Trump withdraws from it, and then tries to claim that the deal he's made with NK is good, even though it's probably going to be something along the same lines as the Iran deal, only weaker.

The ACA was Obama's signature domestic policy accomplishment (never mind that it was a complete turd compared to what every developed country has). So Trump starts attacking it as he can through executive orders, and Congressional Republicans use the fact that Roberts upheld the mandate under the taxation clause rather than the commerce clause to repeal the penalty... which now has states suing over the constitutionality of the mandate now that there's no penalty (so it can no longer be a tax) and trying to get the whole thing invalidated with the support of the US Department of Justice.

Trump has two guiding "philosophies": be a racist, sexist ass, and undo everything Obama did.

And he basically thinks he's a king, which is why he hates leaders like Merkel, Macron, and Trudeau, because they actually respect democracy and the notion that the voters could turf them at the next election. Trump just wants to be absolute-monarch-for-life and thinks anyone who isn't is weak. It's why he likes Putin, Kim, and Xi so much--they're strong because they've found ways to be in power perpetually.

EDIT: For another example, look at the TPP. Obama was for it. Trump railed against it on the campaign trail (which may well have swung enough votes in the rust belt toward him). When Trump gets into office he withdraws from the TPP. But he was never really actually opposed to it, because a) now that NAFTA is being renegotiated some of the most atrocious parts of TPP are getting in there--but that's a Trump "accomplishment" and b) now that the other parties to the TPP have reworked it to account for the US not being in the deal Trump suddenly wants back in since it's no longer Obama's TPP.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2018, 04:03:44 am by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2328 on: June 17, 2018, 06:05:10 pm »
I think it's absolutely disgusting that the Trump administration has put a policy in order that separates parents from their children at the border.  Then goes on to say how they don't like that policy but they can't do anything about it because it was a law made by the democrats which is a flat out lie. Because the population is dumb enough to believe that.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2329 on: June 17, 2018, 07:31:33 pm »
I think it's absolutely disgusting that the Trump administration has put a policy in order that separates parents from their children at the border.  Then goes on to say how they don't like that policy but they can't do anything about it because it was a law made by the democrats which is a flat out lie. Because the population is dumb enough to believe that.

Is this lie so shameless that the non-Fox News press point it out when reporting the story? On the clip I've seen there is at least one reporter shouting in the background calling out the lie.

I think the main goal of this is to give those in the Republican base who might feel bad about the child abuse an excuse to ignore the issue. They naturally buy it willingly and scream "fake news!" to anyone who tries to break this comforting piece of fiction.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2330 on: June 18, 2018, 12:47:35 pm »
What's pissing me off though is that if the Trump administration recognizes this as inhumane and want to point fingers at democrats and say it was "there law" then why are they doing nothing to stop it?
It's because it's the Trump administrations policies and Jeff Session's zero tolerance stance that is creating this, and they have no intention to back down from it. It's why the DHS secretary came out today and said were not apologizing for this cruel act, and want to leave it up to Congress to change the laws, as if to say stop us if you dare.

I really hope the majority of Americans are smart enough to see through this bullshit.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2331 on: June 18, 2018, 03:37:52 pm »
DHS Secretary didn't just come out and say they weren't apologizing for the policy.  She came out and said there was no policy at all.

Ironbite-a very "these are not the children you're looking for" moment.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2332 on: June 18, 2018, 07:32:47 pm »
Well, I can see the ads already;

"Republican Senator X Y made excuses for and abetted Donald Trump in the heinous crime of separating immigrant families and interning their children. Do not support this man."
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2333 on: June 18, 2018, 07:47:08 pm »
That's basically what the GOP is doing right now.  And the thing is....it'd be so simple to just say no to this dick bag and save their seats.

Ironbite-they don't want to do that for some reason.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2334 on: June 18, 2018, 08:08:50 pm »
That's basically what the GOP is doing right now.  And the thing is....it'd be so simple to just say no to this dick bag and save their seats.

Ironbite-they don't want to do that for some reason.

Mark Sanford.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2335 on: June 19, 2018, 03:43:16 am »
So, apparently those thousands of children that US authorities have taken from their parents and locked up in "tent cities" or cages are just child actors hired by the Democrats.

http://thehill.com/homenews/media/392774-ann-coulter-calls-immigrant-children-child-actors

I bet you didn't think of that, did you?

Man, those Democrats must have spent a lot of money on this. Hiring thousands of kids who are crisis actors, hiring thousands of people to pretend to be ICE employees, bribing Republicans to defend this hoax even though it is all just made up by the Democrats... What a convoluted plot this turned out to be...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2336 on: June 19, 2018, 05:45:11 am »
Wow Ann Coulter is just so foul.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2337 on: June 19, 2018, 03:12:24 pm »
CHILD ACTORS!  THAT BABY YOU SEE CLINGING TO HER MOTHER!?  ACTOR!  ACTOR!

Ironbite-ACTOR!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2338 on: June 19, 2018, 04:16:26 pm »
Wow, attacking children to promote her agenda? That's low even for Mann Coulter.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #2339 on: June 19, 2018, 05:30:51 pm »
Wow, attacking children to promote her agenda? That's low even for Mann Coulter.

Seriously?

If you're going to insult people, can you do so in a way that isn't dripping with casual transmisogyny?
Σא