Author Topic: Snowden leaker's partner detained under antiterrorism legislation  (Read 3337 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Snowden leaker's partner detained under antiterrorism legislation
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2013, 04:09:11 pm »
Read the WaPo. Snowden confessed to everything. The rest is logic.

No, Death. You need to actually provide evidence that supports your position. You can't just tell people "Go look at this website" and expect it to explain everything. If anything, you're only indicating that you fear that your position is untenable and lacks actual support.

Now, are you going to prove anything?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Death.

• Neonate

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2013, 04:36:34 pm »
They didn't leak anything. Snowdon, under the tutelage of Assange and possibly a mole or traitor  in the higher ranks of the nsa  conspired to obtain and release said classified information to foreign governments. Snowden defected. Greenwald is not a US resident. Assange is a money grubbing control freak and fame seeker.

It's called espionage.

I didn't know Alex Jones browsed this forum.

Offline Death.

• Neonate
« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2013, 04:51:46 pm »
lol

I'm a card carrying marxist or at minimum very far left and very far south on the political compass scale.

What do you have a problem with?

Do you not agree that Snowden confessed, it was his own words after all.

He defected to the USSR, did he not?

He's been charged with espionage. True or false?

Only thirty people in the nsa had access to some of the information released by Snowden, he wasn't one of them. Someone gave them to him, ie a leaker/mole/traitor.

All the information released by Snowden regarding Prism and data mining was already released to the press in 2006 Other sensitive information about covert operations was new but not widely covered by the press .

It's common for associates of suspects to be questioned, is that not true?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2013, 04:54:42 pm »

It's pretty hard to defect to a country that doesn't exist...
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2013, 05:04:14 pm »
It's common knowledge. Or at least it should be.

http://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/article/1268209/snowden-sought-booz-allen-job-gather-evidence-nsa-surveillance

This hasn't proven anything. We KNOW that Snowden admitted to it. That doesn't prove anything beyond that he did it.

.....no, he didn't.

He's been charged with espionage. True or false?

Because that's the easiest thing to charge him with to give him what they believe is adequate punishment.

Only thirty people in the nsa had access to some of the information released by Snowden, he wasn't one of them.

So where's your proof of that bit?

All the information released by Snowden regarding Prism and data mining was already released to the press in 2006 Other sensitive information about covert operations was new but not widely covered by the press .

Can you back that up?

It's common for associates of suspects to be questioned, is that not true?

This isn't an associate of a suspect being questioned. This is an associate of a person who didn't do anything obviously illegal being detained, searched, and having their belongings confiscated by the government.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2013, 11:26:29 pm »

No harder than it was for Obama to destroy the economy and Katrina rescue program before he was elected as the president.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2013, 11:30:40 pm »

No harder than it was for Obama to destroy the economy and Katrina rescue program before he was elected as the president.

He was in the Senate. They probably struck from the record what he did to undermine those things.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #23 on: August 27, 2013, 03:16:57 am »

And no harder than it was for Mitt Romney to kill Osama.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.