Author Topic: Results of Iowa  (Read 16947 times)

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
Re: Results of Iowa
« Reply #60 on: January 09, 2012, 02:55:14 pm »
Maybe I just express myself poorly in english. I did know that the new meaning for santorum was made up just to insult him. Maybe it is just that our politics/cultures are so different and it just seems weird to me.
Okay, I’m still having trouble seeing where you are coming from myself. The whole point of Ridicule, whether or not you think it may be appropriate in a given context, is to make fun of a target. To be effective, you do have to identify the target somehow. When the target is an individual, then that person’s name or some easily recognized nickname will have to be used somehow. So no matter what stance you want to ridicule Santorum on, it will involve using his name at some point.
-A Pen Name

Offline Yla

• The Beast
Re: Results of Iowa
« Reply #61 on: January 09, 2012, 04:07:34 pm »
The point was that (ir :))regardless of its effectivity, ridicule, by such a dedicated effort as well as on an exceptionally juvenile level, is not, or should not be an acceptable tool in the political arsenal.
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.