Author Topic: Christian News Network fundies  (Read 156458 times)

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
Re: Christian News Network fundies
« Reply #735 on: June 15, 2018, 09:37:44 am »
All of the stories appearing on Christian News Network (except for one about drugs which has 2 comments so far, and one about abortion which has 1....and the Nathan Larson one, which wasn't about anything LGBT, but that ain't gonna stop some people from making it about that, I guess) over the last 10 days are drag queens, LGBT, or STDs.    I wonder if they look at the direction the comments go, and/or what stories get the most comments, when they decide what they're going to have stories about.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #736 on: June 15, 2018, 10:10:47 am »
That place would shrivel up like a dandelion if they didn't run their LGBT, pedophile, drag queen and STD stories.  No one else gets interested enough to comment.  To the outsider, someone who didn't know about Christianity at all, to visit that site you'd be led to believe that Christianity is all about hating on all those things and nothing else.

Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #737 on: June 16, 2018, 08:55:40 am »
I'm still kinda surprised they don't seem to give much of a shit about abortion anymore.  I'd think something that they consider to be murder of innocent people would be more of a pressing concern than, for example, some drag queens interacting with kids somewhere.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #738 on: June 16, 2018, 09:20:13 am »
WTF is this shit even?  (from Amos, not that anyone can't tell anyway)

FYI ...... there is nothing higher than the truth ...... if there was proof" of the truth ...... then the "proof" would be higher than truth
.....SO ...... the task you have set for yourself is ...... PROVE the PROOF is higher than truth .....

Does that make any sense to anyone?  It doesn't to me.  He's talking in circles.  First he's (I think) saying proof isn't necessary.....then expecting someone to prove that it is?

As I recall, he used the same kinda reasoning (if you call it that) about science.  Something along the lines of "you can't use science to prove science".  That made no sense to me either.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #739 on: June 16, 2018, 10:07:37 am »
The fuck is Amos smoking?  Because I want some.

For research purposes, of course.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #740 on: June 16, 2018, 10:28:05 am »

It does kinda sound like something that someone would come up when stoned off their ass.

"That's deep man....pass the bong, dude."

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #741 on: June 16, 2018, 11:47:45 am »

FYI ...... there is nothing higher than the truth ...... if there was proof" of the truth ...... then the "proof" would be higher than truth
.....SO ...... the task you have set for yourself is ...... PROVE the PROOF is higher than truth .....

Does that make any sense to anyone? 

“Twisted Platonism” - Abstract truth resides a the highest most level. Below “Truth” we have reason, then lower down proof (which are reflection of parts of truth), below that science which is flawed man’s attempts at finding truth. And of course lies which is Satan’s tool to deceive man.

Just like “First Cause”, “Truth” requires a Truth Giver (yep you guessed it), This Truth Giver kindly provided a simple, clear recording, available without need to interpretation, of all truth which is available in the KJV.

You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #742 on: June 16, 2018, 11:51:42 am »

It is not the smoke, but the life-long commitment to a mind altering lifestyle.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #743 on: June 16, 2018, 12:03:33 pm »

“Twisted Platonism” - Abstract truth resides a the highest most level. Below “Truth” we have reason, then lower down proof (which are reflection of parts of truth), below that science which is flawed man’s attempts at finding truth. And of course lies which is Satan’s tool to deceive man.

Just like “First Cause”, “Truth” requires a Truth Giver (yep you guessed it), This Truth Giver kindly provided a simple, clear recording, available without need to interpretation, of all truth which is available in the KJV.

So, in other words, the truth is what God says, and you have to accept that that is the truth without any proof, (since he pretty much said or implied THERE IS NO PROOF OF THE TRUTH) because....uh....reasons.

This shit gives me a headache.  This kind of stuff is why I feel like sometimes theists are using all the same words that I am, but they're speaking a different language.  I dunno, maybe there's something in some people's brains that lets this stuff make sense to them, and I just don't have it.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #744 on: June 16, 2018, 02:31:42 pm »
...The frick? It sounds like some kind of Zen riddle.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #745 on: June 19, 2018, 03:41:21 pm »
I just want to say I'm absolutely loving this thread right now:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/netflix_picks_up_tv_drama_lucifer_portraying_devil_as_charming_crime_fighter_following_fox_cancellat/

Looks like because it's about the show Lucifer being cancelled and then picked back up by Netflix, some people, including some Christians, who don't usually post on Christian News Network, are commenting to say they're fans of the show.  Amos responded to a few of them, of course, and the people gave it right back to him.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #746 on: June 19, 2018, 04:36:31 pm »
I just want to say I'm absolutely loving this thread right now:

https://disqus.com/home/discussion/christiannewsnetwork/netflix_picks_up_tv_drama_lucifer_portraying_devil_as_charming_crime_fighter_following_fox_cancellat/

Looks like because it's about the show Lucifer being cancelled and then picked back up by Netflix, some people, including some Christians, who don't usually post on Christian News Network, are commenting to say they're fans of the show.  Amos responded to a few of them, of course, and the people gave it right back to him.

That is pretty fascinating.  More fascinating it looking at how many downvotes the more innocent newcomers have gotten, especially the one who says she's Catholics (Teresa, I think her name was).  True to form the Catholic haters jumped on her, and Guest Verified attacked her for it.

Some of those people have 15 downvotes!

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #747 on: June 27, 2018, 09:15:44 am »
Christian News Network’s newest censoring tactic is to have every single comment a user they wish to make unwelcome be set to “spam” so that it never gets seen by anyone.  I don’t know how they manage to do that but I have an account over there which was working perfectly, and now nothing I write ever displays.  In my profile I see what I wrote but it has a “detected as spam” flag next to it.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #748 on: July 02, 2018, 07:34:08 pm »
I have discovered that it does not matter how civilly you engage with Amos, no matter how well you weather his abusive screaming that you are a liar, how skillfully or gently you bring him back on topic when he goes skittering off topic...Christian News Network will ALWAYS ban you.

Because scripture, I guess.  I cannot imagine why they do it or why they ignore the far worse behavior of people who are supposed to be Christians but act like animals in a zoo.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #749 on: July 14, 2018, 02:47:21 am »
Guest verified:
The only folks who want the U.S. to become a theocracy are Muslims.

from: https://christiannews.net/2018/07/09/trump-nominates-roman-catholic-brett-kavanaugh-to-replace-retiring-justice-anthony-kennedy-on-the-supreme-court/
and yet many commenters on that very thread contradict that premise.