Author Topic: Can we talk about some of the most awful people on Youtube?  (Read 4151 times)

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
  • The fanciest little kitten
Hey y'all, it's Fancy Kitten.  I don't know if this is the right place for this but I haven't seen a topic dedicated solely to the topic yet, and since it involves both politics and religion/philosophy to some degree I figured this board would be a good compromise.  Anyway, it seems like you guys would be into this and there's no other place I can think of to talk about it that isn't a total circlejerk like Reddit.  If this needs to be moved or deleted I won't be mad, but please understand I'm following the rules to the best of my ability.

So yeah, would anyone else be interested in which we call out people who constantly get marketed as "totes factual and objective" and "enlightened" while omitting facts, flat out lying, and pushing horribly anti-human ideas?  I'm talking about closeted alt-right egoists like Sargon of Akkad, white nationalists like the Internet Aristocrat and Milo, and the like.  I personally like the Armoured Skeptic and his girlfriend but they hang out with and promote thoroughly cruel and fascist people, so they'd fit too.  Maybe some of you could play devil's advocate and actually defend some of the neo nazis, or better yet, God will smile on me and some of them will even show up here.  What do you say?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhNKWTc3R0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhNKWTc3R0</a>

So, here's one of my all-time favorites.  He opens by espousing the virtues of promoting straight-up fascism because approaching the middle is ineffective I guess.  He then whinges on for several minutes about how his followers didn't hug his nuts hard enough and sucks /pol's dick, all without approaching anything resembling a point.  Then he caps it off by unironically, sincerely quoting Hitler to inspire his followers.  This is the kind of person UP's crew Redditors and 4channers think is a source of reasonable and unbiased information.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:27:39 pm by fancy_kitten »
It's me, the little fancy kitten

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Can we talk about some of the most awful people on Youtube?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 06:29:49 pm »
Hey y'all, it's Fancy Kitten.  I don't know if this is the right place for this but I haven't seen a topic dedicated solely to the topic yet, and since it involves both politics and religion/philosophy to some degree I figured this board would be a good compromise.  Anyway, it seems like you guys would be into this and there's no other place I can think of to talk about it that isn't a total circlejerk like Reddit.  If this needs to be moved or deleted I won't be mad, but please understand I'm following the rules to the best of my ability.

So yeah, would anyone else be interested in which we call out people who constantly get marketed as "totes factual and objective" and "enlightened" while omitting facts, flat out lying, and pushing horribly anti-human ideas?  I'm talking about closeted alt-right egoists like Sargon of Akkad, white nationalists like the Internet Aristocrat and Milo, and the like.  I personally like the Armoured Skeptic and his girlfriend but they hang out with and promote thoroughly cruel and fascist people, so they'd fit too.  Maybe some of you could play devil's advocate and actually defend some of the neo nazis, or better yet, God would smile on me and some of them would even show up here.  What do you say?

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhNKWTc3R0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LqhNKWTc3R0</a>

So, here's one of my all-time favorites.  He opens by espousing the virtues of promoting straight-up fascism because approaching the middle is ineffective I guess.  He then whinges on for several minutes about how his followers didn't hug his nuts hard enough and sucks /pol's dick, all without approaching anything resembling a point.  Then he caps it off by unironically, sincerely quoting Hitler to inspire his followers.  This is the kind of person UP's crew Redditors and 4channers think is a source of reasonable and unbiased information.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2016, 06:30:47 pm »
Thank you senpai.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 06:46:18 pm »
Yes next time delete the s or just use the last bit after the v= I wanna say.  Can't remember.

Ironbite-also Amazing Atheist can kiss my ass.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 06:59:44 pm »
What is amazing about TAA? An angry dude barking at a webcam is about as underwhelming as it gets on YouTube. It's tolerable if it's funny but TAA can't  funny.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 07:00:50 pm »
Yeah, I did the second thing and it worked.

My friends and I were ahead of the curve regarding the AA, my staunch atheist friend referred to him as 'an idiot who makes atheists look stupid' all the way back in 2008.  It seems like even the man's former cronies don't care for him at all these days, so he's totally off my radar.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2016, 07:13:14 pm »
I liked his response videos to Buzzfeed's "Questions [specific minority]s have for White People" series, but I find the rest of his videos to be rather boring.

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 07:35:23 pm »
So hey, here's a really good one.  Sargon goes full Cultural Maoist Regressive Left Cuck (tm) and says that violent speech becomes violent actions:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuHEwUYT_U" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPuHEwUYT_U</a>

But not to worry, it's not like he applies that same logic to people inspired by his butt buddies from Stormfront and /pol/:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01v0ItTqp_I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01v0ItTqp_I</a>

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 11:59:25 pm »
The Youtube atheist community is filled with so many MRAs and totally-not-fascists and I am absolutely amazed by this. You'd think a prominent section of Youtube dedicated to talking about rejecting religion and advocating "reason" (and the worship of "reason" they have is kinda ironic) would be able to see the problems with the alt-right rhetoric they're spewing.

The Amazing Atheist, Thunderf00t (who managed to make a video ostensibly about how horrible the new Ghostbusters was going to be and spend half the run time whining about Anita Sarkeesian), MrRepzion, Armored Skeptic, Jaclyn Glenn and so on and so forth. In fact, the only Youtube atheists I can think of that aren't assholes or MRAs are Phillip Rose and Aron Ra.

But the one Youtuber that irks me the most, mostly because I used to be a loyal follower of his, is Alpha Omega Sin. Looking back, his unscripted stand and rant format is unprofessional and, in fact, amateurish and he's incapable of talking about things with any sort of original perspective. And worst of all, he's completely embraced and double downed on what made me drop him in the first place: The GamerGate and alt-right pandering. It all started with a video he put out of nowhere where he screamed (pretty much literally) about how Anita Sarkeesian gets death threats because she, and I quote, "goes too far." Nevermind that this is blatant victim blaming, but he doesn't actually explain HOW she "goes too far, " which is pretty much par for course for alt-right Youtube.
Who needs a signature?

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2016, 12:04:40 am »
So hey, here's a really good one.  Sargon goes full Cultural Maoist Regressive Left Cuck (tm) and says that violent speech becomes violent actions:

Left cuck?

But not to worry, it's not like he applies that same logic to people inspired by his butt buddies from Stormfront and /pol/:

Butt buddies?
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #10 on: July 13, 2016, 12:16:23 am »
The Youtube atheist community is filled with so many MRAs and totally-not-fascists and I am absolutely amazed by this. You'd think a prominent section of Youtube dedicated to talking about rejecting religion and advocating "reason" (and the worship of "reason" they have is kinda ironic) would be able to see the problems with the alt-right rhetoric they're spewing.

The Amazing Atheist, Thunderf00t (who managed to make a video ostensibly about how horrible the new Ghostbusters was going to be and spend half the run time whining about Anita Sarkeesian), MrRepzion, Armored Skeptic, Jaclyn Glenn and so on and so forth. In fact, the only Youtube atheists I can think of that aren't assholes or MRAs are Phillip Rose and Aron Ra.

But the one Youtuber that irks me the most, mostly because I used to be a loyal follower of his, is Alpha Omega Sin. Looking back, his unscripted stand and rant format is unprofessional and, in fact, amateurish and he's incapable of talking about things with any sort of original perspective. And worst of all, he's completely embraced and double downed on what made me drop him in the first place: The GamerGate and alt-right pandering. It all started with a video he put out of nowhere where he screamed (pretty much literally) about how Anita Sarkeesian gets death threats because she, and I quote, "goes too far." Nevermind that this is blatant victim blaming, but he doesn't actually explain HOW she "goes too far, " which is pretty much par for course for alt-right Youtube.

What about 'Non-Stamp Collector/ Darkmatter and alley43"

Offline fancy_kitten

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: July 13, 2016, 12:18:59 am »

Ugh, I used to watch some of his stuff years ago, it's sad to hear he went so far downhill.

Left cuck?

Butt buddies?

Oh, the "regressive left" is anyone who supports equal rights in any way, a "cuck" is their word for any man who isn't a Return of Kings member.  Basically it means a guy who supports equal rights for women in order to get laid, because man can't possibly not be a sexist bigot without an ulterior motive.  I say "butt buddies " because the guy in question is a Stormfront apologist.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 13, 2016, 12:28:36 am »

What about 'Non-Stamp Collector/ Darkmatter and alley43"

Not familiar.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #13 on: July 13, 2016, 01:52:44 am »
In fact, the only Youtube atheists I can think of that aren't assholes or MRAs are Phillip Rose and Aron Ra.

Eh, Aaron can be a bit of a dick too, but so can everyone. And Seth Andrews is really a nice guy from what I've seen. The TBR guys are immature sometimes, and sometimes say something dumb, but they're mostly alright.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: July 13, 2016, 02:04:20 am »
I don't mean to imply that those two are the ONLY non-MRA and non-asshole (and I should state that I mean consistently assholish, which is something that I don't think describes Aron Ra, unless he's gone full Dawkins since I last watched him) Youtube atheists, but they are the only ones I know of.

Oh and Steve Shives seems nice enough, but the only content I've seen of his was through proxy of Garrett rebutting him saying stupid things about legalizing prostitution in America and rebutting Armored Skeptic's rebuttal of his views on feminism, so I can't really say for sure.
Who needs a signature?