Author Topic: Campaign 1812  (Read 1535 times)

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Campaign 1812
« on: July 14, 2016, 08:49:13 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgWafEjJB2k

I am beginning my napoleon series with the 1812 invasion. Please tell me what you think, I really want to make great content and feedback is super important to me
« Last Edit: July 14, 2016, 08:50:47 am by Hofstadter's Tortoise »
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Rime

• Pope
  • Born too slow
Re: Campaign 1812
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2016, 06:01:12 am »
You have a good voice, but I'd suggest you slow down your talking speed in the future.  I gave it a thumbs up because it's good for a first upload.

Oops, it's not your first upload and you have 200+ subscribers.  Well then, the advice is the same, I find at times you're talking a bit too fast, but you don't make the content difficult to follow.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2016, 06:03:57 am by Rime »
And when we're done soul searching,
And we carry the weight and die for a cause.
Is misery made beautiful
Right before our eyes.

Mercy be revealed, or blind us where we stand?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2016, 06:32:37 am »
I gotta agree with Rime here. The voice is good, your sound quality is good as well. The content was easy to follow, but I really feel like you could slow down a bit and it would make things a lot better. Although I am curious as to why you're starting in 1812. Chronologically, it'd make sense to me to start a lot earlier, but that is of course up to you.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline TheContrarian

• Pope
  • Inter faeces et urinam nascimur
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2016, 12:48:02 pm »
Although I am curious as to why you're starting in 1812. Chronologically, it'd make sense to me to start a lot earlier, but that is of course up to you.

Definitely.

The Peninsular War was much more fun unless you really like stories about cavalrymen eating their horses during the long retreat from Moscow.

Bit dull for my tastes.

"What is freedom of expression? Without the freedom to offend, it ceases to exist."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2016, 08:50:20 pm »
Yeah i took the conscious choice to avoid the peninsular war. That will be a topic on its own because the political intricacies with the royal family and the campaign itself are absolutely HUGE. That would be a seperate topic on its own.

I chose to start from 1812 because it is probably the most well known campaign of napoleons and am using it as a launching point. Plus moscow is hilarious and the berezhina is a wonderful fisting

Yeah i do talk fast. Its because im reading from a script i wrote the day beforehand. But ill try to slow down
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.