Author Topic: Libertarian National Convention  (Read 3964 times)

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
Libertarian National Convention
« on: June 27, 2016, 08:55:20 pm »
I saw Samantha Bee's piece on the Libertarians and I sniffed out their convention.

Which was fucking hilarious. I particularly like Darryl Perry who carries a scent of descent into madness. I am very pleased that he is committed to the principle of non aggression as I can see this guy climbing a watchtower.

Either that or screaming at cars from a street corner:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGple27Jo0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EOGple27Jo0</a>

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
Re: Libertarian National Convention
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2016, 10:41:53 pm »
Hahaha, Perry was looking at Johnson at exactly the 40 minute mark like "I'mma kill you when you go to the bathroom. Next time you go pee, you better look out, cause I'll beat your ass." And all because Johnson said "people don't want to use coal cause it's bad, the free market bankrupted coal to help the environment as global warming is bad."

I wish Perry won, he'd make the Trump and Hillary debates so much more interesting.

ETA: LOL, Peterson said "we don't need roads, because we'll have jet-packs" XD
ETA: LOL, Peterson just got the crowd to chant "kill the bank, kill the bank." Now, "end the fed." These people are bonkers.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2016, 11:04:20 pm by The_Queen »
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2016, 11:14:53 pm »
You know they're crazy when they boo a guy for suggesting that regulation of Drivers' Licences are a good idea.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2016, 11:16:08 pm »
Libertarians: the only political joke funnier than Donald Trump.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2016, 11:21:03 pm »
So much lunacy, so little time.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2016, 11:26:29 pm »
I wish Perry won, he'd make the Trump and Hillary debates so much more interesting.

Assuming he'd qualify...?
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #6 on: June 27, 2016, 11:37:18 pm »
Peterson is killing it in the bonkers tournament. He just said his foreign policy plan is to "be nice, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet."

Assuming he'd qualify...?

Oh, he'd qualify. I'd make sure he'd qualify if he were the libertarian candidate.

ETA: I like Feldman's comment on trans-bathroom issues. As a transwoman who meticulously washes her hands every time she goes to the bathroom, I don't want to share a bathroom with someone who doesn't wash their hands. They are sub-human. You know who you are.

ETA2: man Peterson is killing in the batshit olympics, just said he'd put Andrew Napolitano on the Supreme Court.

ETA3: And Perry comes back hard with a "let's kill the lawyers" comment. Saying, verbatim "we need to get rid of all the lawyers." For a "libertarian" who believes the Constitution creates a limited federal government, you're gonna need lawyers to interpret the boundaries of that government.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2016, 12:02:03 am by The_Queen »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2016, 12:27:23 am »
But he doesn't believe that the Government, hence lawyers, should resolve disputes.

He does qualify as he's old enough - does a criminal record disqualify you from being president

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2016, 12:46:04 am »
But he doesn't believe that the Government, hence lawyers, should resolve disputes.

He does qualify as he's old enough - does a criminal record disqualify you from being president

No,

And man oh man did Dr. Feldman end on a crazy note. I didn't think he would win the batshit olympics, but he ended on a 10/10. The winner of the batshit olympics is Dr. Feldman.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2016, 12:52:18 am »
I may have to watch this when I get back from work...

And for the record:  "be nice, be respectful, but have a plan to kill everyone you meet." is not that bad as a foreign policy. It could be interpreted as "we are going to keep enough nukes to wipe out the life on Earth (and possibly won't demolish all of the other military we have either) but other than that we are going to be diplomatic and friendly with other countries."

...I mean, I don't know the guy well enough to say that that is exactly what he meant, but if he did mean that then it ain't that bad. ...At least compared to "let's demand our neighbours to pay for the massive construction work I have planned and force out all the immigrants" -Trump or "Let's make up some justifications to invade other countries and steal their resources" G.W. Bush or "After spending years trying to get friendly with Russia let's just call them our biggest enemy for no reason other than getting votes from folks who have nostalgic memories of the cold war"
 ...That last bit was said by one of the candidates in the previous elections. Can't remember who it was from the Republican side but Russia started arming up right after that and used the comment as an excuse. (OK, Putin was doing his slow slide into dictatorship but back then things weren't quite that bad and that one comment by a candidate actually had a measurable, negative, effect on US relations.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2016, 12:59:42 am »
I remember on another site I used to argue endlessly with an anarcho-capitalist who among other things believed that drinking and driving should be legal because basically everybody can tell if they're sober enough to drive better then any government test, so laws against it are useless.  Also handicapped parking spaces are fascism.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2016, 01:10:41 am »
I know it's really wrong, especially given that these guys have a premise of non-aggression, but I can't help think that I would delight in robbing these people of everything they had in an anarchist society.

Parts of it seem ok but largely it appears to be such a selfish outlook.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2016, 01:15:19 am »
I know it's really wrong, especially given that these guys have a premise of non-aggression, but I can't help think that I would delight in robbing these people of everything they had in an anarchist society.

Parts of it seem ok but largely it appears to be such a selfish outlook.

Libertarians: Those people with whom everyone else agrees half the time.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #13 on: June 28, 2016, 01:16:55 am »
Don't mention European countries that are happy with high taxes to pay for social services to an interwebz LOLbertarian. They start malfunctioning and making all sorts of odd noises.

Or go for it, if you like that sort of thing.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #14 on: June 28, 2016, 01:21:41 am »
Don't mention European countries that are happy with high taxes to pay for social services to an interwebz LOLbertarian. They start malfunctioning and making all sorts of odd noises.

Or go for it, if you like that sort of thing.

Don't you get it, we would use private donations to fund those perks of society, and people would donate to them because ? ? ? and society would be even happier because we'd have those perks and people wouldn't have money stolen. Otherwise, you may as well want someone to get a license to use their damn toaster.