Author Topic: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread  (Read 2024049 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: The Funny/Stupid Pics Thread
« Reply #240 on: January 20, 2012, 12:53:42 am »
Twilight.

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #241 on: January 20, 2012, 09:07:27 am »
I don't get it.
Twilight.

More specifically: The last bit is the most famous and well-known passage from the book Twilight. Even known to a lot of people that haven’t read the book or seen the movie, since it was used as an extended tagline. Aaron is therefore equating the quality of Twilight with the gibberish one gets from smashing one’s face against a computer keyboard.
-A Pen Name

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #242 on: January 20, 2012, 09:27:20 am »

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #243 on: January 20, 2012, 10:21:37 am »
As someone with very little work experience, that comic hits so close to home...

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #244 on: January 20, 2012, 10:53:33 am »
As someone with very little work experience, that comic hits so close to home...
Yeah. Same here. And I have been applying for positions that require a degree. And they still pull that kind of shit.

Also: Why on earth would you tattoo your passport to your back? I don’t think that would be accepted.
-A Pen Name

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #245 on: January 20, 2012, 11:00:12 am »
Yeah. Same here. And I have been applying for positions that require a degree. And they still pull that kind of shit.

Also: Why on earth would you tattoo your passport to your back? I don’t think that would be accepted.

People will tattoo all kinds of crazy shit.

There's a story of on Y!News right now about a mother who got arrested because she let her 10 year old get a tattoo.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #246 on: January 20, 2012, 11:10:49 am »
I don't get it.
Twilight.

More specifically: The last bit is the most famous and well-known passage from the book Twilight. Even known to a lot of people that haven’t read the book or seen the movie, since it was used as an extended tagline. Aaron is therefore equating the quality of Twilight with the gibberish one gets from smashing one’s face against a computer keyboard.

Oh, ok. I've been forced to watch the movie, but I didn't remember that. Then again, if I don't like something, I tend not to devote memory to certain things like that.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #247 on: January 20, 2012, 11:22:28 am »
Then again, if I don't like something, I tend not to devote memory to certain things like that.
Well, aren’t you the lucky one. There are those of us that just can’t help remembering the crappy crap that craps. And then, of course, we can’t help but forget the good stuff. Go figure.
-A Pen Name

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #248 on: January 20, 2012, 11:46:44 am »
Then again, if I don't like something, I tend not to devote memory to certain things like that.
Well, aren’t you the lucky one. There are those of us that just can’t help remembering the crappy crap that craps. And then, of course, we can’t help but forget the good stuff. Go figure.

Forgetting good stuff sucks.

And, I'm not saying I don't remember horrible things, I do on occasion. I just try not to bring it up to avoid keeping it in memory for very long. Streisand effect and what not. Plus, haters are just as annoying as fanatics.

Offline N. De Plume

• The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #249 on: January 20, 2012, 12:22:41 pm »

Forgetting good stuff sucks.

Yeah, it does.

Don’t want to paint myself as only remembering bad things, though. Far from it. Got a pretty standard-issue memory, I think*. Just joking around a bit.

* Other than for faces, anyway. My face memory is kinda on the sucky side.
-A Pen Name

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #250 on: January 20, 2012, 01:57:13 pm »
The only half way good thing Twilight ever did was spawn the "Still a better love story than Twilight" meme over at verydemotivational.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #251 on: January 20, 2012, 03:05:37 pm »
The only half way good thing Twilight ever did was spawn the "Still a better love story than Twilight" meme over at verydemotivational.

The people are verydemotivational would like to disagree.

They've been whining about stuff that's overused, stuff that's new, stuff that's underused, stuff that's classic...
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline rosenewock21

• God
« Reply #252 on: January 20, 2012, 05:45:09 pm »

They've been whining about stuff that's overused, stuff that's new, stuff that's underused, stuff that's classic...

Ya think? The very nature of that site is to bitch, poke fun, and laugh. While some of them I don't get (like the arrow to the knee ones) that doesn't mean I whine about them. Laugh at the ones you like, ignore the ones you don't. Basic rule for surviving internet humor sites. (Not mad at you, just the wingdings who can't make up their bloody minds about anything.)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #253 on: January 20, 2012, 06:23:58 pm »

Ya think? The very nature of that site is to bitch, poke fun, and laugh. While some of them I don't get (like the arrow to the knee ones) that doesn't mean I whine about them. Laugh at the ones you like, ignore the ones you don't. Basic rule for surviving internet humor sites. (Not mad at you, just the wingdings who can't make up their bloody minds about anything.)

Oh, I understand your frustration completely.  I share it.

They're what I like to call "Stop Having Fun Guys".  The ones who believe that only THEIR fun is important.  If anyone else has fun with something they don't like, they need to stop having fun right now.

This also applies to people who are almost trolls in every sense but the desire for lulz.  In fact, their only desire is to stop OTHER people's lulz.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #254 on: January 20, 2012, 06:41:42 pm »