Author Topic: Child's Gender Finally Revealed After 5 Years.  (Read 17252 times)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
Re: Child's Gender Finally Revealed After 5 Years.
« Reply #15 on: January 21, 2012, 10:26:21 am »
That's my point exactly, Shane!
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 10:31:30 am »
See, I can respect wanting your child to not be forced into a gender box. But this... this is guaranteeing them issues later. :(

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 11:02:34 am »
Undecided:

There are heavy implications that the "no-no" comes from the parents, not the child. Elsewhere in the article the mother outright admits that she makes clothing choices for the kid, and based on the author's writing style, it would be more likely for them to have said that the only clothing the child "won't" wear is hyper-masculine things. Plus, you know, who the hell classifies cargo pants as "hyper masculine" attire unless they have some kind of weird agenda.

I pointed out the Barbie thing because these are parents who claim that they are allowing their child full freedom in gender identification and self expression, but they have banned Barbies because they don't like that particular flavor of gender expression or identification. I can't for the life of me think of any other reason that they would ban the doll for being "horrible." They don't say they banned it for being poorly made, or constructed in China, or any of a dozen non-gender/political reasons, but because Barbie is "horrible." That's a pretty harsh judgment on gender expression right there. Do they also think that women who choose, of their own volition, to dress or behave in the hyper-feminine mene a la Barbie are also "horrible?" It seems that these people do not so much decry restrictions on gender expression as they do acceptance of gender expression they personally do not like.

My criticism of these assholes has nothing to do with allowing their child to wear whatever the hell he likes without consideration of gender specifics. It has nothing to do with sexual orientation or gender expression. It never did. I am criticizing these assholes (and assholes they most certainly are) because:

A) They are so unbelievably pretentious that they kept the gender of their child a secret for half a decade.

B) They are fucking hypocrites for claiming to want total freedom of gender and self expression for their child while at the same time placing restrictions (no "hyper masculine" clothes, whatever the hell those are) and requirements (making him wear girl's blouses to school) on him.

C) Claiming they make no judgments on gender expression (while at the same time describing some specific forms of gender expression to be "horrible" and banned).

D) Using their five year old child to make some nebulous, highly manipulative "point" about their sexual-political agenda, utterly regardless of the insanely high potential for future difficulties for the child from gender identity confusion, bullying, and ridicule, to being held up as some kind of national symbol for his parent's pretentious fucking ideals.

I mean, come on. We live in the age of the internet. You don't think that this kind of publicity isn't going to come back and bite him in the ass repeatedly for as long as he is in school? I am familiar with UK schools. If you think that anti-LGBT style bullying is bad in US schools, you ain't seen nothing. There are areas of the UK where Doc Martin boots (and the people who wear them) are specifically knows as "Queer Stompers" in schools. I'm not saying that this kid is going to be gay, and I'm not saying there would be the slightest thing wrong with him if he were, but some asshole basher in secondary school is going to Google the name of the fey kid in the new class and the next day all of this shit will be spread over the school like crablice at the Kardashian's. You think the thugs are going to stop to find out of this kid is gay or not before they stomp his ass into cheese flavoured dog food?

You think that at some point Sasha isn't going to look at his asshole parents and think "Thanks so much for making my life a living fucking hell." I place the odds of that very, very high.

Pretty much /thread, right here.
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 03:22:36 pm »
See, I can respect wanting your child to not be forced into a gender box. But this... this is guaranteeing them issues later. :(

All they did was force the child into a different gender box.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2012, 03:32:59 pm »
And to think if Celeste wasn't b& he would say that the parents had every right to dress their child whatever way they want.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2012, 04:42:48 pm »
This whole experiment was stupid from the start. Nothing is wrong with allowing a boy to wear dresses or play with dolls if he wants, but this mother is fucked up.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2012, 04:44:54 pm by clockworkgirl21 »

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2012, 05:04:55 pm »
Let's all thank this woman for giving every heteronormative crusader in the western world a case to point to when criticizing cases like the Transgendered Girl Scout.

"See? There's no such thing as a transgendered kid, it's their parents forcing them into it to prove a point!"
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2012, 05:08:29 pm »
I always get pissed when people start lying or being assholes in the name of a cause. Like that guy who pretended to be a lesbian from Syria? It's just giving conservatives the fuel they need to "prove" that everyone who's pro-gender freedom is lying. Even worse, it can dissuade people on the fence from coming over to the dark our side.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline clockworkgirl21

• Day In, Day Out. All the Time. Work, Work, Work
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2012, 05:41:52 pm »
If the people on the fence are that stupid, let them go. We don't want them.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2012, 06:27:08 pm »
Nothing is wrong with allowing a boy to wear dresses or play with dolls if he wants, but this mother is fucked up.

That's the opposite of what the mother thinks.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2012, 07:29:29 pm »
If the people on the fence are that stupid, let them go. We don't want them.

Because we want our side as small and impotent as possible?
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2012, 10:16:35 pm »
...okay, here's how you do that properly.

"Yes, Sasha is a boy and he likes what he likes. He wanted a pink glitter Ninja Turtle birthday party this year and he's really into Legos, My Little Pony, princess dresses, and baseball. Any of these are good gifts. What should you wear? Oh, anything goes--he'll be wearing camouflage cargos and a tiara."
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2012, 10:18:10 pm »
Yeah, if I have children, I'll let them wear whatever they want as long as it's weather-appropriate.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2012, 10:21:04 pm »
Ten bucks says Sasha grows up to be straight and super masculine.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2012, 10:23:14 pm »
My ten bucks says Sasha is in therapy by the time he's a teenager.

Or he should be. Something tells me his whackjob mama doesn't 'trust' modern medicine and takes him to some crackpot spiritualist who prescribes flax enemas and meditation while conveniently ignoring a flagrant case of gender identity disorder. Call it a hunch.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel