Author Topic: TVTropes for people in real life  (Read 33101 times)

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
Re: TVTropes for people in real life
« Reply #60 on: September 22, 2012, 01:00:06 pm »
Osama bin Laden

- Affably Evil
- Beard of Evil
- Big Bad
- Diabolical Mastermind
- Karmic Death
- Moral Event Horizon: 9/11
- Villains Out Shopping: He loved to play volleyball

Ayman al-Zawahiri

- Beard of Evil
- Four Eyes, Zero Soul
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline Dynamic Dragon

• The Beast
  • Punisher of the Guilty
« Reply #61 on: September 23, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
Barack Obama

- Good is Not Soft
- Hero With Bad Publicity: At least among much of the country.
Learn from the past, live in the present, prepare for the future.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #62 on: November 11, 2012, 08:10:36 pm »
Mitt Romney (updated):

- Affably Evil: Mitt did not seem nearly as affected by his own loss as his own party did. However, there are hints that show this may be a front.
- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Of Bain Capitol, a more fitting name there could not be.
- The Fundamentalist: One of Mitt's many masks. A culture warrior of the Tea Party, especially in the 2008 election season.
- Graceful Loser: While surprising, he did not show very much emotion, and even offered to work with Obama.
- No Social Skills: Binders Full of Women, really, Mitt?
- The Sociopath: Grinned at the news of dead Americans in Benghazi, very politically opportunistic, embodied corporate greed, and shows very little genuine emotion. Seems incapable of understanding people, and is almost casually cruel. Hell, he didn't even cry at his own defeat...

Donald Trump: (updated)

- Corrupt Corporate Executive: Subverted. Oh, he wishes he was as efficient as Romney was in terms of evil. He's simply too ineffectual to really do much harm.
- Epic Fail: His money offering to Obama in exchange for...college transcripts?
- Fashion Victim Villain: The hair by itself could qualify him, due to how ridiculous it looks. Then there's his orange tan...
- Harmless Villain: All he really is in the long run.
- Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Poor Donald, multiple bankruptcies, a TV Show which might just be considered gotten rid of by the network hosting it, and a tendency to open his mouth and say the stupidest possible thing, and having a drunk breakdown logged on Twitter.
- Laughably Evil: Trump is one of the most hilarious people who ever gets to talk. Just paying attention to his Twitter gives a steady stream of Crowning Moments of Funny.
- Man Behind The Man: He tried, oh, he tried to be the man behind the Republican Candidates during the Primaries.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #63 on: August 06, 2013, 10:13:33 am »
Anyone miss this thread?

Ariel Castro (Cleveland man who held 3 girls (now women) captive in his house for 10 years: HIGH OCTANE NIGHTMARE FUEL WARNING)

-Complete Monster (One of the most evil people you'll ever hear of.  He would stand out even in a show like Dexter or Criminal Minds)
-Torture Cellar
-Kick the Dog (Seemed to take delight in being as cruel as possible to those girls)
-Devil in Plain Sight
-Refuge in Audacity (how he pulled this off for 10 years is beyond frightening)

Charles Ramsay (the guy who is credited for rescuing the girls)

-Anti Hero
-Domestic Abuser (an Old Shame)
-Large Ham
-Jerk With a Heart of Gold 

Michelle Knight (one of the captives in the house)

-The Woobie (held in captivity the longest, treated the worst of the girls, and had a hard life before hand.  You just want to hug her)
-Iron Woobie (still comes out strong for her ordeal). 
Adam Lanza (Ct school shooter)

-Moral Event Horizon (duh)
-Complete Monster
-The Sociopath
-Would Hurt a Child
-For the Evulz (he had this planned)

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #64 on: August 06, 2013, 01:37:17 pm »
Matt Barber

Amoral Attorney
Blatant Lies
Conspiracy Theorist (mostly about teh evul gai agenda!!1!)
The Fundamentalist
Heteronormative Crusader
Hypocrite
Insane Troll Logic (his rambling in 2008 about how Obama would be the first gay president if elected)
Jerk With A Heart Of Jerk
Karma Houdini (still hasn't been disbarred despite lying his ass off about several cases)
Lawful Evil
Lawful Stupid
Moral Myopia (if a Christian does it, it's automatically not bad)
The Sociopath
Villain With Good Publicity (very popular with the Religious Right)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #65 on: August 22, 2013, 01:01:34 pm »
Fast Eddie (runs TvTropes, still pisses me off)

* Big Bad (runs the site, after all)
* Dirty Coward (oh, you disagree or like things I do not? Ban!)
* Hypocrite: For one example, the extremely in-depth Kodomo no Jikan page was cut because it's a loli manga. However, Dance in the Vampire Bund was not, even though it has more loli nudity, but of course, unlike Jikan, it's officially licenced in America. Not gonna screw with Seven Seas and Funimation, of course.
* Insane Troll Logic: Technically not him, but one of his mods (but again, this was openly stated, so if he cared, he would have said something). Back on my old account, when I was banned for upholding the rules and keeping pages neutral (which lead to the page purge, so, sorry, I kinda caused that), I got in an argument with another user on his Livejournal (he was one of the people trying to inject tons of bias into an article who I was fighting with). I was banned for "exporting drama". Yes, HG131 got banned from TvTropes for actions on another site.  The best part is that I was a "guest", so he had to supply my IP or something, because there is no way for them to know otherwise.
* Jerkass (his problems with anime and manga seem to be rooted in racism, for one)
* Karma Houdini
* Orwellian Editor (even locked the page and deleted examples when he was added to it for deleting tons of stuff during the aforementioned purge)
* Small Name Big Ego
* Villain With Good Publicity
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:03:33 pm by PosthumanHeresy »
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #66 on: September 28, 2013, 07:36:43 pm »
My Odd Skater-Nazi Classmate:

* Abusive Parents: I only speculate, but he has inferred it a few times. Also, possibly, his Freudian Excuse.
* Bishonen: An odd real life example; he's 26...and looks barely fourteen.
** Older Than He Looks
* Fashion Victim Villain: His Summer attire was completely laughable. And the excessive ear rings do him no favors.
* Hellbent For Leather: Wears a black leather ensemble. Switched to a sleeveless shirt and WAY too short shorts for summer.
* Ineffectual Sympathetic Villain: Despite his regressive views, its pretty clear his ideas are not his own. His attempts to look menacing look more pitiful than anything else.
* No Yay: For a self-professed Nazi, he seems...touchy-feelie. Ew. No. Get away, Edwin.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Indikins

• Pope
« Reply #67 on: October 11, 2013, 11:59:29 pm »
Andrew Schlafly. Yes, I'm going there.

* Affably Evil
* Amoral Attorney
* Artistic License:
    * Astronomy
    * Biology
    * Economics
    * Geology
    * History
    * Law: Despite having formally studied it.
    * Logic
    * Medicine: Frighteningly, he is currently on the General Counsel for the Association of American Physicians and Surgeons, and believes that the government has no business regulating the medical establishment at all or demanding "evidence-based methodolgy" in research of new treatments.
    * Psychology
    * Physics
    * Statistics
    * Traditional Christianity
    * Religion
* Belief Makes You Stupid
* Black and White Insanity
* Catchphrase: Likes calling things he doesn't agree with "liberal claptrap". Like scientific equations.
* Conspiracy Theorist: About anyone not exactly like him.
* Even Evil Has Standards: Not him, but many Christian conservatives have heavily criticised him for his attempt to rewrite the Bible to make it more conservative.
* Fan/Embarassing Nickname: Assfly.
* The Fundamentalist
* Heteronormative Crusader
* Hypocrite: Claims that academic qualifications mean little while pimping his own qualifications in law and electrical engineering.
* Insane Troll Logic: SWEET. RAPTOR. JESUS. It would take too long to list them all, so just look at his Rational Wiki page.
* New Media Are Evil
* Sugary Malice
* Values Dissonance
I once had a nightmare about chickens pecking me to death on my driveway. I told my sister to save herself.

This is the #1 nightmare.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2014, 03:17:21 pm »
Fucking Vox Day.

-The Fundamentalist: Ironic considering he prides himself as some kind of intellectual.
-He Man Woman Hater:
-Insane Troll Logic: Everything he says is this. 
-Jerk Ass: The nicest thing you could say about him.
-Moral Event Horizon: This.  He gleefully admits to delivering a No Holds Barred Beatdown to a woman.
-Politically Incorrect Villain:
-Sesquipedalian Loquaciousness: He likes to use a lot of big words to sound more credible but ends up looking like a pretentious ass. 
-Small Name Big Ego: If he were a tenth as smart as he thought he was he could solve a lot of world problems.
-Smug Snake: See above.
-The Sociopath: Comes across this way.  He has an "ends justify the means" philosophy to life and doesn't care who's affected by it. 
-Would Hit A Girl/Would Hurt A Child: See "Moral Event Horizon" above. 

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2014, 01:52:20 pm »
Typical Yahoo Answers Commentors.

-Adults Are Useless: While granted there are a lot of stupid kids who post there, the "adults" don't prove to be much better.  Many of them just dismiss kids and give them the standard saturday cartoon lecture instead of you know, listening to them.
-Dude, Not Funny!: A lot of the questions and answers are obviously from trolls who shouldn't be taken seriously, but some go way to far.  For instance, I remember one question asking what to do about his girlfriend's abusive father and one jackass responded "ask for tips".
-Jerk Ass: Even by GIFT standards, some of the people on that site are total assholes.
-Kick The Dog: See Jerk Ass above and No Sympathy below.
-No Sympathy: Too many examples to count.  This usually happens when an alcoholic or drug addict asks for advice.  There will be at least one person who has to preach on the evils of drugs or alcohol.   
-Poes Law: For this reason, it's best to take anything on the site with a grain of salt.
-Smug Straight Edge: See No Sympathy above.  A lot of these people act as if those who are alcoholics or drug addicts are not even human.
-Troll: No explaination needed. 

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #70 on: September 10, 2014, 05:04:32 pm »
I'm going to bump this for a few new people I need to mock. 

Anna Diehl, an extreme hyper calvinist who was discovered a month ago.  Since then, she has had several quotes posted on FSTDT.  You can look her up, but I'd advise against it.

-Abusive Parents: Not only does she advocate spanking, and not only does she say God advocates spanking, but she thinks any other way goes against God.
-Blue and Orange Morality: As per the course for hyper Calvinists, but she takes this up to eleven by justifying eternal torture at the hands of a sadistic God.  She even says that God can be trusted despite lying.
-Complete Monster: One of the worst people quoted on the site (and that's saying a lot).  It's what happens when you worship a God who creates people just to send them to hell, and can't get enough of their suffering.   She also credits God for crap that happens on earth, including 9/11, and says God will harm our loved ones if we don't revere him.  If she truly believes what she says, than she is revering an Eldritch Abomination, but if she doesn't, she's knowingly feeding people an utterly toxic and harmful theology. 
-God Is Evil: And so is she (see 'complete monster' above). 
-Nightmare Fuel Station Attendant: Of the Cosmic Horror Story variety. 
-Sadist: Does this sound like something a normal person would say?
-The Sociopath: She's a Calvinist, so this shouldn't be surprising, but I think even other Calvinists would be scared off by her theology. 

Matt Walsh, a douchebag conservative Christian blogger who makes a living posting utter bullshit.  Not as evil as Anna Diehl, but he's a major league asshole none the less.

-Critical Research Failure: Happens a lot.  Most notably his assuming depression was a spiritual problem while ignoring the chemical imbalance that causes it.   
-Friend to all Children: Does seem to have a soft spot for children so I'll give him that.   He's an ass to everyone else though. 
-Holier Than Thou: All of his blog posts have a sanctimonious tone.  This really comes through in a recent post on Joel Osteen.
-Honor Before Reason: He's very critical of people who divorce, and thinks it's morally wrong even when the couple is clearly unhappy. 
-Jerkass: Just a big asshole who uses 'family values' and religion to justify his assholery. 
-Kick The Dog: Tells a Walmart employee (who's making so little that needs government assistance to support himself), that he's already making more than he deserves.
-Know Nothing Know It All: He seems to think that he's entitled to tell others what to do before even trying to understand their plight.  For example, he berates the Ferguson protesters for hating cops even though they have every reason to hate the cops in that city.  He also assumes an angry poster is a bad employee based on a few things he said in his letter to him. 
-Logical Fallacies: His blog posts run on it.  Particularly appeal to emotion, even though he berates our culture for caring too much about feelings. 
-No Sympathy: To that Walmart Employee (see Kick The Dog).  He also doesn't understand depression.
-Smug Snake: He thinks he's a "professional sayer of truths".  It's most likely why his blog posts are so preachy and condescending. 
« Last Edit: September 10, 2014, 07:26:44 pm by rageaholic »