Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089867 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #4710 on: September 04, 2018, 03:02:35 am »
I legitimately thought smokershaming was something some troll-blog on tumblr invented as a joke, I never realized anybody would be insecure enough about their smoking habits to take it seriously though,

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #4711 on: September 04, 2018, 03:09:33 am »
He was a very insecure man in general.

Of all the things ICE does and did at the time, he seemed to think their worst crime was...intellectual property stuff.

He also had this weird thing for one model of computer or another. Fuck if I can remember minutae like that.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4712 on: September 04, 2018, 09:08:20 am »
I think 'Chew was a hardcore Linux fanboy or some shit.  If you use Linux, whatever, its a tool like any other, but don't let your use of it define you.  Its like letting your choice of Stanley multitools over Leatherman actually impact your personality.  Its just sad.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4713 on: September 04, 2018, 09:48:11 am »
I thought he was just trolling some other user by pretending to be a Stallman fan? (Richard Stallman, the man behind GNU, is a weirdo. He wanted to avoid being a sellout and as a result dressed like a hobo and lived only marginally better and also is more than a little paranoid about keeping his web browsing history completely anonymous.

He mostly did that whenever Linux was mentioned because Stallman wanted to take credit for Linux because it was originally built on top of his GNU.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4714 on: December 17, 2018, 01:24:33 am »

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #4715 on: December 18, 2018, 10:20:57 pm »

...That car...

...I would understand if it was all religious symbols and texts. I really would.

...I would have been less surprised if it was political stuff, like a car covered in Trump 2020 posters.

...But to have all those *things* to promote tobacco?

And the more you look the worse it looks. "IF MOM AIN'T HAPPY NOBODY IS! *gibberish* WE DON'T EAT WHERE MOM CAN'T SMOKE!" Really?!!?!!?!?!

The best part of this is once you get to the lower layer of protest messages, and realize that this guy, while trying to promote tobacco and smoking, is also protesting against DRUG COMPANIES AND THE EVIL DRUGS THEY PUSH ON PEOPLE THAT WILL KILL THEM...

And Obamacare.  Of course.  Clearly this guy is a Death Panel believer.

Can you be pro-tobacco and anti-prescription-drugs without reality somehow imploding in on itself from the concentrated stupidity?

He mostly did that whenever Linux was mentioned because Stallman wanted to take credit for Linux because it was originally built on top of his GNU.

It's a bit more complex than that.  Linux is just a kernel; it won't run without the rest of the bits of the standard operating system built around it.  GNU was supposed to have its own kernel (the Hurd), but it's the one part of GNU that never seemed to have any decent work done on it.  Linux happened to fill that void perfectly.  So technically Stallman has a point when he complains that calling the OS "Linux" is incorrect.  It's just that he's so ANAL about the whole thing that people choose to ignore him like the creepy uncle ranting in the corner rather than take him seriously anymore.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2018, 10:24:37 pm by DarkPhoenix »

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4716 on: December 23, 2018, 11:30:30 pm »
Can you be pro-tobacco and anti-prescription-drugs without reality somehow imploding in on itself from the concentrated stupidity?

Tobacco = natural; medicine = nasty chemicals.  Basically the same process as any conspiracy thinking.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4717 on: December 28, 2018, 04:30:18 am »

Tobacco = natural; medicine = nasty chemicals.  Basically the same process as any conspiracy thinking.

everything is chemicals silly conspiracy theorists!

(Also don't forget the fact that theres all kinds of nasty shit in cigs that isn't tobacco. But I guess that doesn't cound because evil liberal liars believe that, according to these truth tellers who totally aren't big tobacco shills or anything.)

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #4718 on: April 03, 2019, 12:18:57 pm »

Because Jews - sorry, "Zionists" - and Islamists are such close allies, aren't they?
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4719 on: April 03, 2019, 01:41:56 pm »
They forgot the Catholics.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #4720 on: April 03, 2019, 05:17:34 pm »
Why does Sikh Wolfman have a Hitler stache?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #4721 on: April 03, 2019, 05:29:28 pm »
Obviously all evil Muslim Zionist Communist Jews are Nazis.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #4722 on: April 04, 2019, 03:11:16 am »
Shouldn't whoever made that poster love slavery? I mean it is a states rights issue after all, not that those godless JewNazi Communists of the democratic party would understand.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4723 on: April 04, 2019, 03:13:59 am »
Shouldn't whoever made that poster love slavery? I mean it is a states rights issue after all, not that those godless JewNazi Communists of the democratic party would understand.

No, because (((they))) want to enslave you to Da Gubmint!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4724 on: April 14, 2019, 12:41:55 am »