Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274807 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1245 on: April 12, 2016, 03:52:58 am »
Just finished watching all the TOS-era Star Trek films. Yes, even that one.

It's still better than all but one of the TNG movies.  Which is like saying being punched in the nuts is better than being shot in the face - it's true but you don't really want to experience either of them.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:32:02 pm by Katsuro »

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1246 on: April 12, 2016, 03:59:14 am »
High Plains Drifter

Very good, but its attitude towards rape is...discomforting.  Whilst Clint Eastwood's character may or may not be
(click to show/hide)
(either way he's certainly not meant to be a good person despite him being the only person to show kindness towards Native Americans and the midget character), the movie seems to echo his sentiments that women secretly want to be raped and enjoy it - as evidenced by the behavior of at least one of the women in the film.  I know this was made in the 70's but still, goddamn it movie.

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1247 on: April 12, 2016, 05:19:05 am »
Just finished watching all the TOS-era Star Trek films. Yes, even that one.

It's still better than all but one of the TNG movies.  Which is like saying being punched in the nuts is better than being shot in the face - tt's true but you don't really want to experience either of them.
I actually thought Generations was okay. Loved the hell out of First Contact. Nemesis was terrible though, and Insurrection never happened. There's no such thing. For reference, I have the rest on DVD. Insurrection though? Tape. No plans to replace that tape either.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1248 on: April 12, 2016, 09:17:34 am »
Kind of ironic, if you ask me, since TNG was the better quality show.  Yeah, not even I, who enjoyed DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, like Insurrection or Nemesis.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1249 on: April 12, 2016, 10:19:31 am »
Star Wars the Force Awakened.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1250 on: April 12, 2016, 02:31:45 pm »
Kind of ironic, if you ask me, since TNG was the better quality show.  Yeah, not even I, who enjoyed DS9, Voyager, and Enterprise, like Insurrection or Nemesis.
  Nothing wrong with enjoying DS9, DS9 was (mostly) pretty good.  Voyager and Enterprise though...hmmm.  Mind you, Enterprise had great unintentional comedic value, particular with Captain Archer who I can only describe as "completely balls fuck insane".

Actually I have to confess to kind of non-ironically enjoying Voyager for some odd reason that I've never been able to figure out.  It's terrible and I spend most of any given episode screaming, "What fucking idiot wrote this shit?!" but I find myself watching it anyway.  The Doctor is pretty great though, IMO all the best episodes are the Doctor ones.  And the worst ones are the Nelix ones shudder.  Yeah that's right, I'd rather watched the salamander episode over ANY Nelix episodes, that's how much I hate that shithead.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1251 on: April 12, 2016, 03:27:12 pm »
Yeaaaaaah, I admit that Neelix was easily the single most irritating part of Voyager.  Sorry, buddy, but one can only be so chipper before I want to strangle them.  Also, I can at least understand Archer being kind of nuts: in his time, a lot of the protocol that even TOS-era Starfleet enjoyed just didn't exist, so the guy was flying by the seat of his pants a lot.  Unlike Kirk, who mostly flew by the shaft of his cock.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1252 on: April 12, 2016, 03:39:31 pm »
Yeaaaaaah, I admit that Neelix was easily the single most irritating part of Voyager.  Sorry, buddy, but one can only be so chipper before I want to strangle them.  Also, I can at least understand Archer being kind of nuts: in his time, a lot of the protocol that even TOS-era Starfleet enjoyed just didn't exist, so the guy was flying by the seat of his pants a lot.  Unlike Kirk, who mostly flew by the shaft of his cock.

Yeah but that doesn't explain his actual  insanity,  like when he tells T'Pau or whatever her name is to convey his sincerest apologies and then literally seconds later after she informs she's done so he responds angrily with, "Where do you get off conveying my sincerest apologies!?"  WTF dude?  You literally just told her you wanted her to do that what the hell is wrong with you?

He's also just generally a massive asshole and not a charming, likable, roguish asshole like some characters in fiction can be.  He's just a straight up prick.  It's quite telling that in the mirror universe episodes (which were actually quite enjoyable - probably says something about a show when the best episodes are ones where they just stopped the main story and did some unrelated bullshit for a few weeks instead) the "evil" Archer doesn't seem all that different to regular Archer.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #1253 on: April 12, 2016, 03:41:35 pm »
My favorite Neelix moment was when Q Junior sealed his mouth shut.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1254 on: April 12, 2016, 04:57:16 pm »

Yeah but that doesn't explain his actual  insanity,  like when he tells T'Pau or whatever her name is to convey his sincerest apologies and then literally seconds later after she informs she's done so he responds angrily with, "Where do you get off conveying my sincerest apologies!?"  WTF dude?  You literally just told her you wanted her to do that what the hell is wrong with you?

He's also just generally a massive asshole and not a charming, likable, roguish asshole like some characters in fiction can be.  He's just a straight up prick.  It's quite telling that in the mirror universe episodes (which were actually quite enjoyable - probably says something about a show when the best episodes are ones where they just stopped the main story and did some unrelated bullshit for a few weeks instead) the "evil" Archer doesn't seem all that different to regular Archer.

[I'm about to get lynched for this...]

Still like it better than TOS.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1255 on: April 12, 2016, 10:12:48 pm »
Zootopia. I finally understand what all the rule 34 I've been seeing is about; I was also more than amused by the many, many adult jokes hidden throughout.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1256 on: April 13, 2016, 03:02:33 am »

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1257 on: April 13, 2016, 07:12:29 am »
There's, like, 6 good episodes of TOS.  The rest are Kirk and the crew getting laid, Klingons being bad, space hippies, and teaching an AI that murder is bad because god says so.  TNG had at least a few dozen.  One letter: Q.  Oh, and the Borg.  And that really creepy one where the Enterprise is full of corpses and Dr. Crusher starts freaking the fuck out and hallucinates them moving.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1258 on: April 13, 2016, 10:25:18 am »
There's, like, 6 good episodes of TOS.  The rest are Kirk and the crew getting laid, Klingons being bad, space hippies, and teaching an AI that murder is bad because god says so.  TNG had at least a few dozen.  One letter: Q.  Oh, and the Borg.  And that really creepy one where the Enterprise is full of corpses and Dr. Crusher starts freaking the fuck out and hallucinates them moving.

I've seen the whole series and I'm not familiar with that last one...the closest I can think of is one where Dr. Crusher gets pulled into a pocket dimension affected by her mental state and people start disappearing from it because she was thinking about all the people she'd lost in her life.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Online ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1259 on: April 13, 2016, 10:26:47 am »
That episode was when the whole Enterprise crew couldn't dream because an idiot alien was using his psychic powers to send out a distress call not knowing he was driving everyone slowly mad.  Well except for Data.

Ironbite-cause well....Data.