Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275252 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1050 on: August 25, 2014, 03:38:39 am »
Kamen Rider Taisen Featuring Super Sentai.

Ironbite-IT DRAGGED ON AND ON AND ON AND ON!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1051 on: August 25, 2014, 09:57:48 am »
Watched Fargo.  The movie itself was good, but...I HATE the fucking accents.  I get that its in the Minnesota/North Dakota area and fucking EVERYONE talks like that there, apparently, but FUCK.  I now have that shit lodged in my head, and I'll probably only be able to get it out with either a hacksaw and melon baller, or a fucking bullet.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #1052 on: August 25, 2014, 10:53:00 am »
Watched Fargo.  The movie itself was good, but...I HATE the fucking accents.  I get that its in the Minnesota/North Dakota area and fucking EVERYONE talks like that there, apparently, but FUCK.  I now have that shit lodged in my head, and I'll probably only be able to get it out with either a hacksaw and melon baller, or a fucking bullet.
If it makes you feel any better, I've lived in Minnesota all my life and the only people who talk like the characters in Fargo are people who are specifically trying to imitate the characters in Fargo. The accent doesn't really exist undiluted except in parodies and elderly locals. Minnesotans really do talk like normal folks, doncha know.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #1053 on: August 25, 2014, 02:58:03 pm »
That's true. I've lived in Virginia for most of my life and went to college in South Dakota for three years, and I've yet to meet anyone who constantly spoke in a stereotypical southern accent for the former (even when visiting the Deep South) or a stereotypical midwestern accent for the latter.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2014, 03:00:46 pm by Random Guy »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1054 on: August 27, 2014, 07:31:10 pm »
Joshua, one of that rarest of animals...a Christian movie that's actually good. The title character, who is finally revealed to be Jesus (it's never made clear if it's supposed to be THE Second Coming or just a visit), actually acts in a loving and compassionate manner, and in turn inspires those around him to be loving and compassionate, while supernatural occurrences are kept few in number and low-key in nature. Judgementalism and attempts to divide people into in-and-out-groups are explicitly condemned. The only part I didn't like was a line at the end that can be interpreted as meaning only Christians are capable of love, but given the rest, I'm willing to assume it wasn't intended that way.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1055 on: September 05, 2014, 08:40:15 am »
Just saw the Angry Video Game Nerd movie. All I can say is, what a shitload of shamelessly self-congratulatory fuck. I'd rather suck farts out of a dog's asshole. I'd rather lick the shit skid off of the inside of a toilet bowl than watch this movie.

In all seriousness, how someone as knowledgeable about film as James Rolfe could think a simple webshow about swearing at crappy old games would actually work as a film, I'll never understand. If you want a basic idea of what it's like, just imagine his Rob the Robot episode padded out to a couple of hours. It's essentially one big wank over how amazing James Rolfe thinks he is.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1056 on: September 07, 2014, 10:50:49 pm »
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy with some friends. We weren't really planning to see a movie. We were just talking about movies and decided to see one at the right that second.
We missed the first 15 minutes due to there not being a movie theatre in our college town.

Offline Kat S.

• Pope
  • Repentant sinner, unrepentant knowledge junkie
« Reply #1057 on: September 07, 2014, 11:16:54 pm »
Walking Tall, the original version.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #1058 on: September 07, 2014, 11:25:16 pm »
Saw Guardians of the Galaxy with some friends. We weren't really planning to see a movie. We were just talking about movies and decided to see one at the right that second.
We missed the first 15 minutes due to there not being a movie theatre in our college town.
Don't worry, you didn't miss much.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1059 on: September 08, 2014, 02:27:17 am »

Except, you know, the most horrifically sad opening ever that adds more connection to events later in the film.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1060 on: September 08, 2014, 03:28:55 am »

Except, you know, the most horrifically sad opening ever that adds more connection to events later in the film.

Yeah the opening is extremely important to the central character's...well, character.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #1061 on: September 08, 2014, 09:27:36 pm »

I didn't want him to be disappointed...

Offline Iczerfour

• Spawn of Pinkamena and Flutterbat
  • Pope
  • Now won't you stop moving, interrupting's not nice
« Reply #1062 on: September 13, 2014, 04:34:03 am »
Leonard part 6

I have very high tolerance to very shitty movies.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1063 on: September 13, 2014, 02:29:47 pm »
Roomie and I had a Spielberg binge yesterday and we wound up watching Young Sherlock Holmes.  1985, baby.  Was surprisingly good.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Commissar Kaz

• Tzeentchian Cultist
  • Bishop
  • Just as planned!
« Reply #1064 on: October 05, 2014, 10:59:06 pm »
 Saw Gone Girl today. It was nothing like I expected it to be, but it was a really good movie.