Author Topic: Rick Perry Indicted  (Read 5557 times)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Rick Perry Indicted
« on: August 15, 2014, 09:57:17 pm »
Source: http://kxan.com/2014/08/15/texas-governor-rick-perry-indicted-by-grand-jury/

A grand jury has handed up an indictment against Gov. Rick Perry in connection with the investigation into an effort to force Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg to resign.
At the center of the issue is a complaint about intimidation stemming from Perry’s threat to veto of $3.7 million in state funding to the Public Integrity Unit run by Lehmberg’s office. The threat came after she pleaded guilty to drunk driving and served a 45-day sentence; Perry called on her to step down but she refused to resign her position. Perry then vetoed the funding for the PIU.
A grand jury was called to determine whether or not Perry broke the law when he threatened to veto the funding. As a result they issued indictments on two felony charges: abuse of official capacity and coercion of public servant. If found guilty on the charges, Perry could be sentenced to a maximum 109 years in prison.

Excuse me while I collapse into a neutron star of giggling

Ironbite-HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
Re: Rick Perry Indicted
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 10:39:33 pm »
My sides have achieved light speed.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2014, 10:44:29 pm »
My sides have achieved light speed.
Well, mine have achieved ludicrous speed.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ygE01sOhzz0</a>

Offline Kain

• God
  • The Alkaline one
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2014, 10:56:39 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg</a>

EDIT: Fixed.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2014, 12:46:39 am by Kanesyth »
In paranoia I find genius / But the ice-dreams have come
with spiritless consequence / A hatchet has been hidden
between my eyes / A hatchet gift-wrapped in paranoia / A
wooden heart never bleeds / A wooden heart never bleeds,
yet inextricable thoughts still weave / Introspection
fabricated for battle / No time has been wasted
/ Neuroleptic seconds marry electroconvulsive hours / In
the cranial freezer, paranoia is the bastard and I
find genius Petrify / Paralyze

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2014, 11:00:47 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMpXAknykeg</a>
Fixed that for you.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2014, 12:01:51 am »
Hey, Rick Perry, still feeling tough on crime? Why not execute yourself?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2014, 12:03:08 am »
Hey, Rick Perry, still feeling tough on crime? Why not execute yourself?

You mean pull a Budd Dwyer?

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2014, 07:20:17 am »
Source: http://kxan.com/2014/08/15/texas-governor-rick-perry-indicted-by-grand-jury/

A grand jury has handed up an indictment against Gov. Rick Perry in connection with the investigation into an effort to force Travis County District Attorney Rosemary Lehmberg to resign.
At the center of the issue is a complaint about intimidation stemming from Perry’s threat to veto of $3.7 million in state funding to the Public Integrity Unit run by Lehmberg’s office. The threat came after she pleaded guilty to drunk driving and served a 45-day sentence; Perry called on her to step down but she refused to resign her position. Perry then vetoed the funding for the PIU.
A grand jury was called to determine whether or not Perry broke the law when he threatened to veto the funding. As a result they issued indictments on two felony charges: abuse of official capacity and coercion of public servant. If found guilty on the charges, Perry could be sentenced to a maximum 109 years in prison.

Ironbite-HEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHEHE!

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2014, 07:41:16 pm »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2014, 11:53:43 pm »
One of the worst living people in the human race possibly facing 109 years in the slammer. Well how about that?

Oh, as someone who hates him with a flaming, raging, burning passion, I say he got what he deserved. In office, he has contributed nothing positive to my home state, and nothing positive has ever came out of this state when he was in office. As salty and bitter as my sentiment is, I am beyond pleased.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2014, 12:54:31 am »
One of the worst living people in the human race possibly facing 109 years in the slammer. Well how about that?

Well, 109 maximum. The minimum sentence if he gets hit with both charges is 7 years. Even if he gets relatively mild punishment, this will wreck his political career.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #11 on: August 17, 2014, 06:21:23 am »
I'm sigging this.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #12 on: August 17, 2014, 08:32:19 am »
Oh btw.....it gets better

WASHINGTON (AP) — Texas Gov. Rick Perry is lashing out at the "outrageous" criminal charges filed against him and defending the veto that led a grand jury to indict him on two felony counts of abuse of power.

Perry, a potential candidate for the Republican presidential nomination in 2016, appeared defiant Saturday when he met with reporters outside his Capitol office in Austin, Texas.

Already the longest-serving governor in state history — in office since December 2000 — he made it clear that he plans to complete his final term in January as planned.

"We don't settle political differences with indictments in this country," Perry said. "It is outrageous that someone would use political theatrics to rip away at the very fabric of our state's constitution."

A Travis County grand jury on Friday indicted Perry for carrying out a threat to veto state funds to the local district attorney, an elected Democrat who refused to resign following a drunken-driving arrest. That 2013 veto prompted a criminal investigation.

"The details of my decision-making were very clear. I said early on that I was going to clearly veto those dollars as long as they had someone in that office who I had lost confidence in," Perry said. "And I had lost confidence."

Perry is the first Texas governor since 1917 to be indicted. The charges came as he has sought to reintroduce himself to Republican leaders and rank-and-file party members eager to win back the White House. Several stumbles during his presidential bid in 2012 led to his early departure from the race.

Hey Perry?  Saying that a criminal investigation is an "abuse of power" when you clearly are doing the same damn thing kinda makes you look guilty.

Ironbite-have fun in court though.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #13 on: August 17, 2014, 12:22:28 pm »
Either he's desperately lying out his ass or he's completely divorced from reality when he does his "RIP AT DA VERY FABRIC OF DA CONSTITUTION!" cry.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #14 on: August 17, 2014, 03:10:44 pm »
Doesn't Perry's new hair-do alone warrant some sort of punishment?  He looks like something crawled to the top of his head and died.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.