Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273842 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #75 on: January 12, 2016, 10:40:48 pm »
geez... so much hate for the catholics.

And that's a bad thing?

Yes it is. You'd not hold a person from Arizona in suspicion because the government there is bat shit crazy. You're mixing up people and institutions. It's a fairly easy trap to fall into.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #76 on: January 12, 2016, 11:17:17 pm »

And that's a bad thing?

Yes it is. You'd not hold a person from Arizona in suspicion because the government there is bat shit crazy. You're mixing up people and institutions. It's a fairly easy trap to fall into.

I'm deliberately mixing them up to make a point a little further on.

Guizonde gives Catholics and the RCC a lot more deference than he seems to give Jehovah's Witnesses; as an ex-JW myself I enjoy unraveling that inconsistency.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline guizonde

• anglican occitan
  • The Beast
  • capslock is the devil
« Reply #77 on: January 13, 2016, 07:16:29 am »

And that's a bad thing?

I'm deliberately mixing them up to make a point a little further on.

Guizonde gives Catholics and the RCC a lot more deference than he seems to give Jehovah's Witnesses; as an ex-JW myself I enjoy unraveling that inconsistency.

if that's how i came across, i apologize. not my intent. ok, the catholics and i have less bad blood than the witnesses and i do, but let's get this out of the way: i don't like either. i have however, studied the catholic church for the best part of my school life, so i like to think i've got a good understanding of them. and my scholarly understanding of them is (sorry if i employ technical jargon): they suck. donkey balls. covered in tar.

now why do i talk like i do about the church? let's face it, the usa still has a hate-on for catholics that hasn't changed much since jfk was president (remember it nearly cost him the election?). i just find it funny to play devil's advocate to a mostly american protestant crowd, having been raised atheist but with both protestant and catholic teachings. oh, and regarding protestantism, i'm surprised the reform didn't happen two or three centuries earlier. there were some undercurrents back then, but it didn't catch on. if you guys are interested, i can pull my notes for you. in the context of medieval and renaissance europe, the reform was a good thing. insomuch as organized religion can be a good thing.

and if i don't give deference to the witnesses, two reasons: a) i haven't studied their history (yeah, i know, i'll get around to it) and b): the aforementioned bad blood leaves a sour taste in the mouth. once burned, twice shy and all that.

hope that clears that up.

@lizard: i don't hate, but i give have a ton of misgivings. too similar for you?
@ guizonde: I think I like the way you think.
Warning: Biohazardously Awesome

0_o 0_0 ¯\(º_o)/¯

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #78 on: January 14, 2016, 08:26:19 am »
A couple more comments from the Japanese host family video.

I think I would have treated you the same way. your arrogant retarded expectations of his they should treat you is like some special education baby who should kill themselves. you expect special treatment and get yourself into a situation to allow yourself to be late. they gave you rules and you immediately break them and they are the bad guys? you obviously just want fun and games and not to learn the true Japanese culture or you would have respected their wishes and not been such a bitch, you complain about two host stays but ever conciser your wild expectations of them treating you like a princess isn't reasonable you fucking annoying がじん piece of shit. you bring great shame to the west bimbo fuckface go seppuku you cuntI think

So not expecting to be kicked out at the drop of a hat is "special treatment?".   ::)  How little do these commentators think of themselves and others?

You know what? Im just gonna say my sister said it best, "First world problems." Cause I was gonna sit here and elaborate in great detail about what a moron you are. Youre bitching about what is commonly known as "first world problems" which basically means thinsg that dont even almost fucking matter, in a country that is NOT a first world country, that you traveled to to LEARN ABOUT THE COUNTRY. And instead of even getting to the point you elongate the speech in an attempt to add dramatic flair. Youre basically complaining about common life in Japan, in Japan. The heat and hot water thing is a bit strange, but its so disgustinly ironic that youre claiming that one house is the HOUSE FROM HELL and only bitching about STUPID SHIT that deosnt even matter, and small living spaces ARE COMMON IN JAPAN YOU RETARD. Get the fuck over yourself. If you want to learn about the world then LEARN about it. You need so much schooling on life.

Wait, Japan isn't a first world country?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #79 on: January 14, 2016, 10:31:52 am »
Oh my god it gets dumber.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #80 on: January 14, 2016, 12:10:07 pm »
There has been a certain debate in Finland for a while now. First some women (and a few men) started using a hashtag to spread stories of sexual harassment. Then a bunch of (almost only) men started to complain how this is all exaggeration, women should just be proud when men show "interest" in them, those were just "jokes" and "women have no sense of humour", that this was a cheap ploy by the feminists to "create" scandals because their movement had already gained true equality and was becoming useless and so on.

Then when there was a story about a Finnish woman who was raped by a refugee the same bunch of men who had complained about feminism now suddenly became defenders of women's rights (but went back to defending sexual assaults the next time they heard of an incident where the offenders were Finns.)

There are two particular quotes from these that I felt compelled to translate:

This was a comment directed at a feminist commune. Rough translation:
it remains as a mystery when it would be acceptable to touch a woman, I guess we should always ask for a permission? So that there won't be misunderstandings.

This might seem as a perfectly reasonable comment, but this guy is absolutely amazed at the idea that you might need a permission to touch another person. He is either really bad at reading signals or simply cannot comprehend that women might not want to get touched by him.

Number 2:

This one is quite hard to translate, but some of the clumsiness in the wording was already in the original text.
Raping local women is also opression of the indigenous men, like a declaration of war! It is a direct challenge to the indigenous men by the strangers who came from primitive cultures. They are showing to the indigenous men that they are so weak that they cannot even defend their women and children!

This is why these foreign mass rapists rapes and robberies directed at women and children must not be left without retaliation by the men of the indigenous population, if they are men at all? It is a challenge and that is why we need the street patrols.... Otherwise the word will spread abroad that in the north there is a country where you can rape blond women while the weakling "men" look helplessly.

The comment about street patrols refers to "Sons of Odin" who are organizing patrols that would defend Finns from the refugees. They had strict rules on how to act politely towards Finns (but only Finns. And even then anyone who even looks like a foreigner, even if they family has been in the country for generations, is at risk.) and not to go beating up foreigners "just for fun." ...Most of the leaders in the movement have criminal background and connections to Neo-Nazis.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #81 on: January 14, 2016, 12:35:55 pm »
Sons of Odin? But the Finnish people weren't even Norse...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #82 on: January 14, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »
I KNOW!

...People have joked about that a lot. (Also, the name is in English, which is not our native tongue.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #83 on: January 14, 2016, 06:35:15 pm »
Honorary Aryans thou.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #84 on: January 15, 2016, 01:55:11 am »
I'm all for multiculturalism. But the fact remains that there is a problem:

http://chromatism.net/current/images/skincolormap.jpg

Being near the poles = lighter skin tone.

Why don't we take a story taking place in some African tribe, and arbitrarily plop a random white guy or two in there. I dare ANYONE to watch that without raising an eyebrow. lol

Oh absolutely. I was just happily pointing out to anyone who is stupid enough to call you insensitive that no, a bunch of light skinned people near the poles is NOT culturally or racially insensitive. I mean my gosh. I'm all for ya know, acknowledging that something can be multicultural and the likes. But come the fuck on. There are limits to absurdity.But then... based upon some of these movies you've reviewed... Well... 

These were comments on a review of a fucking Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer movie (the middle comment was actually the reviewer himself).  One of the first things that he bitched about was that the magical fairies and elves were multicultural, but pulled the "I'm not against multiculturalism, it just doesn't make geographical sense" defense.  Magical fairies and elves in Santa's village.  I guess black and Asian people just physically can't exist in the north or something.  We're not even talking about the "historical accuracy" defense, it's just "what are all these non-whites doing so far up north?"  The majority of the elves are already white anyway. 

And in the review itself he goes on to say that "with as rare and isolated as elves are, there shouldn't be that much genetic diversity" and "the entire point of Rudolph was being mocked for being different, so everyone needs to look the same to hammer in that point or else the story doesn't make sense".  I guess the USA must be a utopia free of social issues, then. 

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this guy.  This review was made in November 2014, but the above comment was made last April, so I'm not holding out for some recent major change of opinion.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #85 on: January 15, 2016, 02:45:20 am »
I'm all for multiculturalism. But the fact remains that there is a problem:

http://chromatism.net/current/images/skincolormap.jpg

Being near the poles = lighter skin tone.

Why don't we take a story taking place in some African tribe, and arbitrarily plop a random white guy or two in there. I dare ANYONE to watch that without raising an eyebrow. lol

Oh absolutely. I was just happily pointing out to anyone who is stupid enough to call you insensitive that no, a bunch of light skinned people near the poles is NOT culturally or racially insensitive. I mean my gosh. I'm all for ya know, acknowledging that something can be multicultural and the likes. But come the fuck on. There are limits to absurdity.But then... based upon some of these movies you've reviewed... Well... 

These were comments on a review of a fucking Rudolph the Red-nosed Reindeer movie (the middle comment was actually the reviewer himself).  One of the first things that he bitched about was that the magical fairies and elves were multicultural, but pulled the "I'm not against multiculturalism, it just doesn't make geographical sense" defense.  Magical fairies and elves in Santa's village.  I guess black and Asian people just physically can't exist in the north or something.  We're not even talking about the "historical accuracy" defense, it's just "what are all these non-whites doing so far up north?"  The majority of the elves are already white anyway. 

And in the review itself he goes on to say that "with as rare and isolated as elves are, there shouldn't be that much genetic diversity" and "the entire point of Rudolph was being mocked for being different, so everyone needs to look the same to hammer in that point or else the story doesn't make sense".  I guess the USA must be a utopia free of social issues, then. 

I knew there was a reason I stopped watching this guy.  This review was made in November 2014, but the above comment was made last April, so I'm not holding out for some recent major change of opinion.

Kind of a tangent, but that colour map reeks of bullshit. People from Kyushu and Shikoku (Japan's two southernmost islands) are not as dark as humans can possibly get. If anything, the opposite is the case.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2016, 03:01:02 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #86 on: January 15, 2016, 02:49:40 am »
Also, some of the people in the north have darker skin. Like some Eskimos and Sami for example.

Even Then

« Reply #87 on: January 15, 2016, 02:51:03 am »
And indigenous Siberian people like the Nenets. OP is full of crap, is the point.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #88 on: January 15, 2016, 03:00:10 am »
I mean the chart does have some accuracy but it's not perfect and people move around faster than the evolution would make the colour of skin adapt.

Even Then

« Reply #89 on: January 15, 2016, 04:33:01 am »
Yuppers.

False equivalency powers, activate!