Author Topic: More proof that Christianity is true.  (Read 14827 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Reply #45 on: October 15, 2018, 05:04:58 pm »
Benevolence, omni or otherwise is not consistent with genocide!

My previous comment explains why it is.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #46 on: October 15, 2018, 05:31:06 pm »

No, it doesn't. The apologetics field on theology only exists because the god of the bible is monstrous and the religious invent excuses for its abominable behaviour to help them sleep at night.

See atheists don't need all that crap, we understand that gods are metaphors for nature that can be pretty fucked up and reflections of the societies that invented them which can also be fucked up. Yahweh being a douche makes as much sense as Zues being one.

It's entirely consistent with understanding gods as metaphors for an uncaring universe and projections of their creators own screwed up, unreflective morality, of course your morality will be unreflective if you put all your stock in imaginary friends and thank/blame them for everything.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #47 on: October 15, 2018, 05:39:46 pm »

No, it doesn't. The apologetics field on theology only exists because the god of the bible is monstrous and the religious invent excuses for its abominable behaviour to help them sleep at night.

See atheists don't need all that crap, we understand that gods are metaphors for nature that can be pretty fucked up and reflections of the societies that invented them which can also be fucked up. Yahweh being a douche makes as much sense as Zues being one.

It's entirely consistent with understanding gods as metaphors for an uncaring universe and projections of their creators own screwed up, unreflective morality, of course your morality will be unreflective if you put all your stock in imaginary friends and thank/blame them for everything.

But I explained how everyone’s a sinner which justifies God’s genocide of the Canaanites.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2018, 11:07:42 pm »
1. Well the Canaanites performed human sacrifice so it is a good thing that God ordered them killed, so that the Israelites would not convert to their wicked religion.
Oh yeah, because it's not like an all powerful diety had other options besides genocide.
2. They are saying that everyone’s a sinner and the wages of sin is death, meaning that God is justified in killing anyone including the Canaanites.
Once again, "everyone's a sinner" and "sinners deserve death" are only things because God says so, according to your own religion. He's just saying "I want to kill you and I'm totally right to do so because I said so".

Art Vandelay

« Reply #49 on: October 15, 2018, 11:27:28 pm »
Of course, arguing theology is kind of irrelevant because all of it is bullshit in the first place, regardless of morality. Much like ghosts, flat Earth, unicorns, fairies, seances, divination and magic in general, it's all just woo, and the sooner we all start to treat it as such, the better.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2018, 11:38:12 pm »
Magic is woo although I suspect lots of 'magic' works for perfectly explicable reasons. My favourite example of this is enchanted swords. The enchantment made by the smith as they beat the sword into shape is a means of keeping time. As the sword is worked that timing is important as it will determine the amount of carbon introduced to the iron. The result being that you end up with a steel sword far superior to an iron sword. People hear the smith making the incantation and wrongly assume its the words and not the introduction of carbon which has made the sword so strong. You might even get a person who has learned but not realised which bit is the effective part.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #51 on: October 15, 2018, 11:51:52 pm »
Wait, what? You mean there exist people who think the blacksmithing equivalent of sea shanties are magic spells? I didn't even realise "enchanted" swords were a thing at all outside of fiction.

Jesus fuck, that is ridiculous.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #52 on: October 16, 2018, 12:00:00 am »
Well I hope they don't now but it was a big thing in Late Antiquity.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #53 on: October 16, 2018, 12:08:56 am »
Huh. You learn something new every day.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #54 on: October 16, 2018, 12:43:09 am »
And that's quite frankly horrifying. Anyone and everyone can be killed in the name of God, because it's justified because they're sinners. That's one hell of a good reason not to subscribe to a belief system like that.

It DOES NOT MEAN that we are allowed to kill anyone. We are all sinners so we are not justified in killing others. However God is justified in killing anyone or ordering people killed because he is an omnibenevolent being without sin so he has the moral high ground unlike us.

So in regards to abortion, it is evil for humans to kill babies, however God can do so, or order the killing of babies like he did to the Canaanite babies in the Bible because babies are born in original sin due to the curse on mankind after the first evolved Homo sapiens Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit.

And there you have it. "God can order the killing of babies." As in he can order people to kill babies if it's in the name of God. And since there's no way of telling who's actually obeying God's will and who's just crazy, a good Christian would have to assume that anyone claiming to be killing babies in the name of God is telling the truth, meaning anyone can kill anyone else in the name of God and it's justified.

And that's horrifying.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #55 on: October 16, 2018, 01:25:47 am »

But I explained how everyone’s a sinner which justifies God’s genocide of the Canaanites.
Yeah Borat but you know that won't fly here, you're just being a gobshite to Trigger Da Libz!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #56 on: October 16, 2018, 08:20:17 am »
1. Well the Canaanites performed human sacrifice so it is a good thing that God ordered them killed, so that the Israelites would not convert to their wicked religion.
Oh yeah, because it's not like an all powerful diety had other options besides genocide.
2. They are saying that everyone’s a sinner and the wages of sin is death, meaning that God is justified in killing anyone including the Canaanites.
Once again, "everyone's a sinner" and "sinners deserve death" are only things because God says so, according to your own religion. He's just saying "I want to kill you and I'm totally right to do so because I said so".

No he’s not. He gives a reason for his actions which is that everyone’s a sinner.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: October 16, 2018, 08:22:37 am »
And that's quite frankly horrifying. Anyone and everyone can be killed in the name of God, because it's justified because they're sinners. That's one hell of a good reason not to subscribe to a belief system like that.

It DOES NOT MEAN that we are allowed to kill anyone. We are all sinners so we are not justified in killing others. However God is justified in killing anyone or ordering people killed because he is an omnibenevolent being without sin so he has the moral high ground unlike us.

So in regards to abortion, it is evil for humans to kill babies, however God can do so, or order the killing of babies like he did to the Canaanite babies in the Bible because babies are born in original sin due to the curse on mankind after the first evolved Homo sapiens Adam and Eve eating the forbidden fruit.

And there you have it. "God can order the killing of babies." As in he can order people to kill babies if it's in the name of God. And since there's no way of telling who's actually obeying God's will and who's just crazy, a good Christian would have to assume that anyone claiming to be killing babies in the name of God is telling the truth, meaning anyone can kill anyone else in the name of God and it's justified.

And that's horrifying.

No, the killer has to give proof that God ordered for the killing to happen.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #58 on: October 16, 2018, 08:27:56 am »
No he’s not. He gives a reason for his actions which is that everyone’s a sinner.
Which is his own fault in the first place. Both for coming up with the idea of sin and its death penalty and for making humans inclined to do things that he finds oh so sinful. Once again, your all knowing, all powerful god contradicts your own theology if you think about it for more than ten seconds. I have to say, it's absolutely hilarious how often that happens.

Not to mention, your entire religion contradicts reality itself, which I feel is what you should really be taking note of right now.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: October 16, 2018, 08:58:36 am »
Which is his own fault in the first place. Both for coming up with the idea of sin and its death penalty and for making humans inclined to do things that he finds oh so sinful. Once again, your all knowing, all powerful god contradicts your own theology if you think about it for more than ten seconds. I have to say, it's absolutely hilarious how often that happens.

Not to mention, your entire religion contradicts reality itself, which I feel is what you should really be taking note of right now.

He gives humans free will. Unfortunately humans use their free will to commit sin. God is our creator so he obviously makes rules for his creation to follow.