Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629117 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #1080 on: May 14, 2012, 10:56:50 pm »

Saturn500

« Reply #1081 on: May 14, 2012, 11:33:59 pm »
And there was Rush's recent slut-shaming of a certain woman. I forget her name.

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1082 on: May 14, 2012, 11:36:28 pm »
I think it was.. Susan Fluke?
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1083 on: May 15, 2012, 03:19:18 pm »
Sandra Fluke. 

She had spoken out about the cost of 'contraceptives' - by which she meant pharmaceutical birth control - for college students, who pay out the same amount whether they have sex a hundred times a month or once, or use the medication to control hormonal dysfunctions and other medical problems.  And on behalf of another student who had wound up losing her ovaries (one or both, not sure) to cysts because she couldn't afford the medication to treat it, as it was considered 'birth control' and not covered by the college's health coverage.

So Rush Airbag grabbed the quote about 'contraceptives' costing up to $500 a month and twisted it into an explicit accusation that Sandra personally uses $500 worth of CONDOMS a month and wants the US taxpayers to pay her to have sex all day, making her a busy hooker.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1084 on: May 15, 2012, 05:05:30 pm »

Conservative logic: Sure, Rush Limbaugh thinks women shouldn't be allowed to get contraceptives, blames women for being 'irresponsible' when they refuse to follow the doctrine of the Catholic Church, calls them 'sluts' when they disagree with him in public, constantly criticises women he doesn't like as ugly and so on... BUT THAT'S FREEDOM!

And Bill Clinton is Bill Clinton! How can you not hate Bill? HE'S A CLINTON! SATAN HIMSELF!
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1085 on: May 15, 2012, 05:48:59 pm »
Sandra Fluke. 

She had spoken out about the cost of 'contraceptives' - by which she meant pharmaceutical birth control - for college students, who pay out the same amount whether they have sex a hundred times a month or once, or use the medication to control hormonal dysfunctions and other medical problems.  And on behalf of another student who had wound up losing her ovaries (one or both, not sure) to cysts because she couldn't afford the medication to treat it, as it was considered 'birth control' and not covered by the college's health coverage.

So Rush Airbag grabbed the quote about 'contraceptives' costing up to $500 a month and twisted it into an explicit accusation that Sandra personally uses $500 worth of CONDOMS a month and wants the US taxpayers to pay her to have sex all day, making her a busy hooker.

I don't remember him ever mentioning condoms. I think he is just ignorant of how birth control works (that it's a pill you take all the time). He also completely ignored the fact that birth control pills is often used for reasons other than birth control. There are people who are abstinent and take birth control pills.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #1086 on: May 15, 2012, 07:47:39 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out what sexual fetishes are being referred to here.  A glasses fetish?  A beads fetish?

Seriously, every single article of clothing that person is wearing is perfectly normal in every way.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1087 on: May 15, 2012, 08:01:11 pm »

I'm still trying to figure out what sexual fetishes are being referred to here.  A glasses fetish?  A beads fetish?

Seriously, every single article of clothing that person is wearing is perfectly normal in every way.
I think that is supposed to be a cross dresser which makes this pic inaccurate seeing how few states have T protections

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1088 on: May 15, 2012, 08:23:56 pm »
I think somebody's sarcasm meter broke...

Either that, or I picked up some false echoes.  *shrugs*

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1089 on: May 15, 2012, 08:28:44 pm »
I love how fundies accuse everyone else of being perverts, yet they're the ones who see sexual connotations in everything.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1090 on: May 15, 2012, 08:47:22 pm »
Sandra Fluke. 

I don't remember him ever mentioning condoms. I think he is just ignorant of how birth control works (that it's a pill you take all the time). He also completely ignored the fact that birth control pills is often used for reasons other than birth control. There are people who are abstinent and take birth control pills.

Oh no, he did this whole math thing to figure out how many condoms she was using.  I remember pretty clearly him saying 'condoms'.  Also he thinks BC works like condoms.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1091 on: May 16, 2012, 06:30:29 pm »

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1092 on: May 16, 2012, 11:45:49 pm »
Bad boss, bad.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1093 on: May 18, 2012, 04:22:45 pm »

Offline myusername

• Bishop
« Reply #1094 on: May 18, 2012, 04:41:54 pm »
I hate those people who just think that if we "liberalise the market" it will magically solve all of our problems. The truth is the poor if they weren't able to get government aid would just end up relying on the whims of the rich through private charity, a sort of Neo Victorianism.