Author Topic: Steam Autumn Sale!  (Read 5487 times)

Saturn500

Steam Autumn Sale!
« on: November 21, 2012, 01:16:38 pm »
Discounts on various games thru the 26th! Just like with the Summer Sale, there are flash sales!

So far I've bought:

• XCOM: Enemy Unknown
  • Intrusion 2
  • Cortex Command

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
Re: Steam Autumn Sale!
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2012, 02:58:04 pm »
Wanna play x-com sometime?
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline syaoranvee

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: November 21, 2012, 08:02:18 pm »
I highly suggest The Walking Dead, the final episode was released today and it's a great interactive story type of game.

(click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 08:11:03 pm by syaoranvee »

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #3 on: November 21, 2012, 08:04:34 pm »
... and here a third of my paycheck got nuked by the fact that our bank account was NEGATIVE.

... yeah, can you guess that I'm bitter?
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2012, 07:55:04 am »
Last time there was a Steam sale I had just promised myself that I won't spend money on anything unnecessary...

This time our situation has gotten a bit better... I guess I have to buy X-com now.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: November 22, 2012, 08:02:17 am »
I very recently spent money on GOG's current promo and I haven't done any Christmas shopping so I'll have to ignore the current Steam sale. Besides, my Steam backlog is big enough as is.

Saturn500

« Reply #6 on: November 22, 2012, 10:20:04 am »
I highly suggest The Walking Dead, the final episode was released today and it's a great interactive story type of game.

I have it already. Unfortunately, there's a graphical glitch on some character models which is reducing my enjoyment of the game.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=104204390

Distind

« Reply #7 on: November 22, 2012, 05:56:27 pm »
Warlock master of the arcane is a good casual 4x game, it and it's DLC are 50% off, and most of the DLC has some value for the insignificant costs involved. If it flash sales for less I'd recommend it to anyone who's waiting for fallen enchantress to drop to something reasonable. Bit buggy for some, but I haven't seen it myself.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: November 22, 2012, 10:08:57 pm »
Figures. I see a game I might be interested in, and it's arbitrarily not available in my region. Bah. Discrimination, I says.

Hopefully Steam and 5th Cell will be so kind as to allow me to give them my money once the Holiday Sale rolls around.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #9 on: November 22, 2012, 10:16:15 pm »
Must... practice... self... control...
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Morgenleoht

• The Beast
  • Formerly Known As Runa
« Reply #10 on: November 22, 2012, 10:29:48 pm »
FUUUU-.

I have $1300 on my credit card. I'm about three payments from paying the bastard off. I don't get paid until Monday. Fffffffuuuuu-.
Fundie Neighbour: "Pagans don't feel things the same way Christians do."

Me: "Just remember what the Vikings used to do to Christians that annoyed them."

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #11 on: November 22, 2012, 11:34:59 pm »
Warlock master of the arcane is a good casual 4x game, it and it's DLC are 50% off, and most of the DLC has some value for the insignificant costs involved. If it flash sales for less I'd recommend it to anyone who's waiting for fallen enchantress to drop to something reasonable. Bit buggy for some, but I haven't seen it myself.

Was curious about Fallen Enchantress, since it looked neat.

Warlock Master of Arcane. A word of warning. The current patch is unstable. I enjoy the game, just making it more frustrating that the current patch is causing my Warlock to crash so much.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #12 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:09 am »
If anyone wants something under $40 in the next couple of days I can hook you up. I'd prefer you being someone I've spoken to and you'll also need to have me on steam but I'm willing to extend the offer to those I don't know as well so long as you're willing to give me your steam info.

You can toss me a PM on here or find me in the IRC, just PM me on there.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #13 on: November 23, 2012, 01:48:44 am »
Damn integrated graphics processors, and the games that wont work on them.

Ah well, at least a patch is due in a week or so...

Distind

« Reply #14 on: November 23, 2012, 04:21:43 pm »
Was curious about Fallen Enchantress, since it looked neat.

Warlock Master of Arcane. A word of warning. The current patch is unstable. I enjoy the game, just making it more frustrating that the current patch is causing my Warlock to crash so much.

I'm torn on fallen enchantress, it's a rework of a game that still doesn't work right. But yeah, I'm having suprising luck with warlock in terms of errors, haven't had a crash with it.