Author Topic: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?  (Read 11354 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: MRA Morons Having International Meet-Up to Discuss...Things?
« Reply #60 on: February 06, 2016, 06:31:14 pm »
Seriously karma is a thing.
No, it isn't.
Karma is what you yell when someone who pisses you off gets their dose of schadenfreude.
They don't get schadenfreude, you get schadenfreude. It means taking pleasure from someone else's misfortune. Barring multiple personalities that do not get along, they're not getting any schadenfreude from their own misfortune whatsoever.

What if they're a masochist?  Can they get self-schadenfreude?

I believe it's specifically someone else'e misfortune, so probably not. I could be wrong, though/
What if their multiple personality was really convincing?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #61 on: February 08, 2016, 11:20:54 am »
While the whole "Rape on Private Property" was poorly written satire, Rooshv actually confessed to being a rapist in one of his books.

While walking to my place, I realized how drunk she was.

In America, having sex with her would have been rape, since she legally couldn’t give her consent.

It didn’t help matters that I was sober, but I can’t say I cared or even hesitated. I won’t rationalize my actions, but having sex is what I do.

https://daryushvalizadeh.wordpress.com/2015/08/02/rooshv-describes-how-he-raped-two-passed-out-drunk-girls/
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #62 on: February 08, 2016, 06:23:54 pm »
That wasn't satire.  That was a straight up opinion he holds.  It was only made satire after someone pointed out how much damage it does to his own self-image.

Ironbite-you can't slap a satire label on something when you hold that to be a core belief.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #63 on: February 08, 2016, 06:47:24 pm »
That wasn't satire.  That was a straight up opinion he holds.  It was only made satire after someone pointed out how much damage it does to his own self-image.

Ironbite-you can't slap a satire label on something when you hold that to be a core belief.
But some will if they want to cover their arses down the track!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #64 on: February 08, 2016, 07:18:46 pm »

So he pulled a Tommy Wiseau.  Except far more loathsome.