Author Topic: Militia invades Wildlife Refuge  (Read 5105 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Oregon Yall'Qaeda Arrested
« Reply #30 on: January 26, 2016, 11:37:49 pm »
http://katu.com/news/local/leader-of-oregon-occupation-ammon-bundy-three-others-arrested

And best of all, the dead one is the guy who referred to his foster kids as his source of income.

Maybe with luck, they'll all clear out without their lead---

Oh who am I kidding, with Bundy in custody and one death, they'll try to attack the FBI or local police. They are just that stupid. And once the bodies are nicely cleaned up and disposed of, proper order can be restored.

Any guesses on what happens next?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Oregon Yall'Qaeda Arrested
« Reply #31 on: January 27, 2016, 12:09:24 am »
Psssssssssssssst...LOOK IN POLITICS FOR FUCKS SAKE WHERE THIS BELONGS!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #32 on: January 27, 2016, 12:10:54 am »
Could we get a mod to merge this with the other thread?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #33 on: January 27, 2016, 12:20:33 am »
I'd be cool with that.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
Re: Militia invades Wildlife Refuge
« Reply #34 on: January 27, 2016, 07:19:44 pm »
Merged
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #35 on: January 30, 2016, 03:15:41 am »
Article with a video about the arrest: (Trigger warning: this video contains footage of a person getting shot to death) https://www.sofmag.com/fury-disagreement-erupt-over-osp-shooting-of-lavoy-finicum/

The video link is to FBI Youtube channel and the pro-militia nuts are even more convinced that this was an ambush and murder than before.

Personally it looks like they do the kind of stunts that would have gotten black folks shot to death by police in USA much earlier. HE WAS REACHING FOR A GUN! If you look at the bit where the guy gets shot (approx 6:00) he was going for his pocket, that contained a loaded gun, while being surrounded by FBI agents who were attempting to arrest him. If this had happened in Florida and he had been shot by Zimmerman that would have been seen as self defense.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #36 on: January 30, 2016, 04:00:13 am »
I think it's a tragedy when anybody is shot to death but, if you're surrounded by well armed highly trained policemen telling you to put your hands up it can't hurt to do that.

Putting your hands in your pockets on the other hand...

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2016, 05:34:09 am »
Based on the video it seems a suicide by a cop. I am no expert on police tactics but I can't help thinking that maybe with different tactics even this situation could have been solved without anyone dying. There have been cases here in Finland where someone tries a suicide by a cop in a situation where the cops are prepared for it. Those situations just end up with one of the cops putting an MP5 bullet to the suspect's thigh which seems to be enough to stop anyone not high on PCP.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #38 on: January 30, 2016, 05:50:10 am »
The dead man is the one who said in a TV interview and on several other occasions that he would never go to jail and would rather die fighting the police.

...Sooo this is not a particularly surprising end for him. But sure, let's go with the idea that this was "plain murder" by the authorities and he "dindu nuffing wrong."

Honestly if the police shoot a black guy in USA who had a) tried to run away b) refused order to stop and surrender c) reached for a gun, how many of these same people would say the police were correct in shooting him?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!