Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273552 times)

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #1155 on: February 26, 2018, 02:08:54 am »
Western Imperialism duh.

Eastern Western Imperialism, to be specific.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1156 on: March 03, 2018, 04:53:00 am »
How about them Wehraboos?

Quora, what would happen if Wermacht fough alongside US troops?
The US will win. The US backed by the Wehrmacht and the Waffen SS are able effectively combat the Vietcong. The Vietcong often wore civilian clothes. The US was reductant to kill civilians. The Wehrmacht particularly the Waffen SS didn't have this problem. The Wehrmacht and Waffen SS was prepared to risk collateral damage when dealing with partisans. With the supply and rear areas secure, the Americans are able to invade North Vietnam and succeed. The Vietcong was the only reason for the American defeat in Vietnam. As the Germans are expert in counterpartisian warfare, they are able to help the Americans combat the unconventional Vietcong. The Americans and the Germans excelled at conventional warfare so are able to win against the north Vietnamese army. The Wehrmact and Waffen SS also excel at unconventional combat and are able to give the North Vietnamese a taste of their medicine.

Gee willikers, if the Nazis were so happy to kill civilians and that was beneficial in a war, then how come they lost their war despite killing millions of civilians?

https://www.quora.com/profile/Eric-Manstein-1 His profile name is Eric Manstein, he claims to be friends with SS veterans and his profile picture is a WW2 era Nazi symbol. Master of subterfuge he is not.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1157 on: March 03, 2018, 06:56:30 am »
The US was reductant to kill civilians.
The Germans, on the other hand, were apparently perfectly oxidant to kill civilians.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1158 on: March 03, 2018, 09:08:40 pm »
The US was reductant to kill civilians.
The Germans, on the other hand, were apparently perfectly oxidant to kill civilians.

You win. I cracked up laughing at that.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #1159 on: March 03, 2018, 09:38:33 pm »
It's what I live for.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #1160 on: March 03, 2018, 11:16:52 pm »
He definitely sounds like a nazi worshiping trashbag, but I highly doubt he is friends with, or even met, any former SS members.

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
« Reply #1161 on: March 04, 2018, 01:05:47 am »
 I've only met one. You could tell from the horns. And leathery fury skin. At first I thought he might be a Mormon, but his love of efficiency clued me in.
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #1162 on: March 04, 2018, 01:35:49 am »
Given that the war finished 73 years ago there wouldn't be too many left.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1163 on: March 05, 2018, 07:19:37 pm »
Today in Fundie Christians who can't Bible very well, the Forward for the book The Faith of Donald Trump has this gem

Read the foreword, by Eric Metaxas. He says “many serious Christians” embrace this president because they understand God’s grace better than others. He says moralizing naysayers are like “the elder brother in the parable of the Good Samaritan.”

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1164 on: March 10, 2018, 10:43:17 am »

If those games don't cause violent behavior, how do they "hurt" anybody?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #1165 on: March 10, 2018, 12:44:21 pm »
I haven't seen the videogame reel in question, so I can't say if his opinion is an overreaction or not, but I think it's clear he's saying the games in question are in crass pieces of garbage that make gamers look bad. 

Saying something like "God of War is full of over the top violence used for immature shock value" is a reasonable position to take that neither amounts to calls for censorship or declare that games cause violence.  Remember, criticism is not censorship.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1166 on: March 12, 2018, 08:29:39 am »
https://www.reddit.com/r/uncensorednews/comments/7x025t/migrant_ghettos_will_become_a_nuclear_bomb_in_the/du50p5q/

Fuck everyone and everything. That is the most infuriating and hilarious thread I have ever seen. A bunch of racists were being racists and complaining with their dog whistle codes about der untermensch when one of them suddenly realized that they are talking about different groups. Cue a trainwreck of a thread where they argue whether Jews or Muslims are worse. Also bad science. So bad science as they debate how much "black DNA" different groups have. I just had to stop reading the thread when my limit for "stupid fucking stuff seen in one day" was reached. And it's not even late yet.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #1167 on: March 12, 2018, 03:57:39 pm »
https://www.reddit.com/r/uncensorednews/comments/7x025t/migrant_ghettos_will_become_a_nuclear_bomb_in_the/du50p5q/

Fuck everyone and everything. That is the most infuriating and hilarious thread I have ever seen. A bunch of racists were being racists and complaining with their dog whistle codes about der untermensch when one of them suddenly realized that they are talking about different groups. Cue a trainwreck of a thread where they argue whether Jews or Muslims are worse. Also bad science. So bad science as they debate how much "black DNA" different groups have. I just had to stop reading the thread when my limit for "stupid fucking stuff seen in one day" was reached. And it's not even late yet.

Idiots. The Jews and Muslims are both distractions from the real threat: the Wiccans!
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #1168 on: March 12, 2018, 08:50:31 pm »

When I tried to click on that link. Well, damn.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1169 on: March 13, 2018, 02:13:21 am »
Yeah, I just found out that the subreddit got taken down. Trust me when I say that nothing of value was lost.

Official reason appears to be that the admins told them to delete certain threads where people were inciting violence and the mods refused to do so. Some of the mods were also banned.