Author Topic: Washington Times  (Read 4327 times)

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
Washington Times
« on: December 19, 2017, 03:05:53 pm »
Since I got banned from Christian News Network, I wandered off for a new place to debate. I tried the Washington Times but man is that place brutal. Everyone there is viciously angry and hateful. Every single comment I make gets met with sneering, insults, nastiness, and rudeness, but never a substantive response.

It’s like a whole board filled with Matt/ Slidellman4life/ Jeromes. How can one board be so filled with angry, rabid, vicious spiteful people?

Offline BobRumba

• God
Re: Washington Times
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2017, 07:40:03 pm »
It sounds like it should be respectable, but it was founded by Sun Myung Moon.

Some of you post on CNSnews, is it comparable to Christian News Network?  How bad is the censorship?

« Last Edit: December 19, 2017, 07:42:05 pm by Jocasta »
Banana Monster ne répond plus!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2017, 08:05:01 pm »
Since I got banned from Christian News Network, I wandered off for a new place to debate. I tried the Washington Times but man is that place brutal. Everyone there is viciously angry and hateful. Every single comment I make gets met with sneering, insults, nastiness, and rudeness, but never a substantive response.

It’s like a whole board filled with Matt/ Slidellman4life/ Jeromes. How can one board be so filled with angry, rabid, vicious spiteful people?

I've been wondering that myself. Sometimes, I think it's a case of people being so sure they're right that they think of anybody with a different opinion as being "inferior" in some way. Therefore, in their view, any and all abuse they heap on them, up to and including unsubstantiated accusations and mods turning a blind eye to rule-breaking by saying that two wrongs make a right, even when the original "wrong" never happened outside their own imagination.

No, I'm not upset, why do you ask?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2017, 08:10:57 pm »
Another really good example of that is Live Action News.  It's where our old friend WorldGoneCrazy hangs out.  It is his "safe space".

You've never seen a channel where you get piled on by so many interlocked sycophants.  If you dare argue even a single thing with any of them you are called a "pro-abort" for the rest of your time there, all the anti-choicers will browbeat you and all you'll hear is a chorus of "pro-abort, pro-abort, pro-abort, nyah nyah nyah."

Try it for even a single DAY sometime and you'll see what I mean.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2017, 10:54:35 pm »
I've been wondering that myself. Sometimes, I think it's a case of people being so sure they're right that they think of anybody with a different opinion as being "inferior" in some way. Therefore, in their view, any and all abuse they heap on them, up to and including unsubstantiated accusations and mods turning a blind eye to rule-breaking by saying that two wrongs make a right, even when the original "wrong" never happened outside their own imagination.

What board did that happen on?

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2017, 01:14:07 am »
I wandered off for a new place to debate. I tried the Washington Times but man is that place brutal.
. . .
 How can one board be so filled with angry, rabid, vicious spiteful people?

I just checked out your "conversations." Considering that these folks may soon get their Ayn Rand wet dreams come true, boy are they going to be in for a shock.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2017, 03:42:10 pm »

Oh stop being passive aggressive.

Ironbite-if you don't like this place, leave.

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2017, 02:04:21 am »
I followed Terri Horn  ( https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Ub9mpg2dsz/ )

To the “World End”, oops sorry “Now The End Begins”
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/un-votes-128-9-declare-us-recognition-jerusalem-israel-capital-null-void/

If you’re look for a new place - this makes Amos and Reason2012 look sane.
You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious." ―Obi-Wan Kenobi

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2017, 02:38:53 am »

I see you're relatively new here. Lana Reverse is someone that not many of us are too particularly fond of. There's a hell of a lot baggage there, but it involves her largely being an alt-right sympathizer, never arguing in good faith and very possibly being a repeat offending ban evader.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2017, 09:52:55 am »

I see you're relatively new here.

Or rather, they don't delve into the politics or society section on this board. Which I have to say is a smart move. Good on you.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2017, 11:51:50 am »

"Now the End Begins".  I'll say this for them - you know what you're getting into with a title like that.  Maybe endtimesfundiewackos.com was taken.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2017, 12:14:47 am »

I see you're relatively new here.

Or rather, they don't delve into the politics or society section on this board. Which I have to say is a smart move. Good on you.

That’s accurate. I’ve been hanging around this site for more than ten years, to varying degrees.

Offline Ambulance Chaser

• Bishop
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2017, 12:17:08 am »
I followed Terri Horn  ( https://disqus.com/by/disqus_Ub9mpg2dsz/ )

To the “World End”, oops sorry “Now The End Begins”
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com
http://www.nowtheendbegins.com/un-votes-128-9-declare-us-recognition-jerusalem-israel-capital-null-void/

She sounds like a nut, but it’s hard to say how she behaves in discussions with atheists. I scrolled briefly and didn’t see any. Have you gotten into it with her?

Offline Bob J.

• Bishop
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2017, 01:34:50 pm »
Have you gotten into it with her?

No. So far I’m just reading old “Now The End Begins” articles with my morning coffee. (I do cover my monitor with Saran wrap first.)

Offline BobRumba

• God
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2017, 08:21:14 am »
I just read through some too.  I fully expected to see Lady Checkmate there, but I haven't so far.