Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387735 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #945 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:09 am »
Well, it was exciting but Ossoff lost.

He didn't get over 50% in the first round and now Republicans are going to gang up against him so his chances of winning are reduced.

On the other hand, Ossoff came so close to 50% that Handel is going to have a real task on her hand of convincing all the people who chose another Republican candidate to back her in the runoff. Republican candidates as a whole took about 51% of the vote, but Handel herself only got 19.5%. Between people who may choose to stay home because their candidate lost and people whose second choice was Ossoff, it'll be tough for Handel to keep Ossoff from making it over 50% in the runoff.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #946 on: April 19, 2017, 08:55:18 am »
I love how Trump is bragging about the Kansas win where the GOP didn't win in a landslide in one of the most conservative districts in the state or how Ossof didn't get the 50 percent but clearly has a big chance of winning in June. Trump this is bad for you. It shows that things are swinging left come 2018 and you have a serious chance of losing the house. You're just to dense to realize.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #947 on: April 19, 2017, 09:39:02 am »
The GOP might lose the house. I'm not sure Trump himself really gives a shit.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #948 on: April 19, 2017, 01:39:49 pm »
If he does he can say goodbye to getting anything accomplished.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #949 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:09 pm »
As long as he can blame someone else he probably doesn't care. Yes, it would make it more difficult to enrich himself and his family but I wouldn't be surprised if he is just too lazy to care.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #950 on: April 19, 2017, 01:56:49 pm »
...And then he can blame the Democrats and Obama for all his failures. Win/win situation for him.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #951 on: April 19, 2017, 02:04:22 pm »
...And then he can blame the Democrats and Obama for all his failures. Win/win situation for him.

He's already doing that.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #952 on: April 19, 2017, 02:09:43 pm »
Considering how well the Republican strategy of obstruct everything and blame Obama worked, Trump wont give a shit until hes out of people he can throw under the bus. And i imagine that list is about as long as the list people who work in the government.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #953 on: April 19, 2017, 02:11:43 pm »
It was Janice in accounting's fault!
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #954 on: April 19, 2017, 02:13:26 pm »
Considering how well the Republican strategy of obstruct everything and blame Obama worked, Trump wont give a shit until hes out of people he can throw under the bus. And i imagine that list is about as long as the list people who work in the government.

Once he's out of people he can throw under the bus, he'll pick up their mangled corpses and throw them under the train.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #955 on: April 19, 2017, 03:38:27 pm »
Count Jason Chaffetz's seat up for grabs in Utah as the Republican moron who's been blocking most investigations into Trump from atop the House Intel Committee is saying he's not going to run for reelection.  Guess he took a look at his poll numbers and said "oh well that's a loss for me."

Really I was expecting a pendulum swing back to blue due to how American politics work.  I didn't expect it to be this hard and this fast.  The Dems need to take a look at every Republican race right now and think about going all in on a few because if Georgia can go blue, think of other places.

Ironbite-like Wisconsin.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #956 on: April 19, 2017, 05:31:53 pm »
The problem with Wisconsin is that it is so heavily gerrymandered that the last state election had the Democrats winning over 60% of the vote... and only 49% of the seats. This state no longer has a functional democracy.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #957 on: April 19, 2017, 05:42:16 pm »
The problem with Wisconsin is that it is so heavily gerrymandered that the last state election had the Democrats winning over 60% of the vote... and only 49% of the seats. This state no longer has a functional democracy.

Plus they have one of the strictest voter IDsuppression laws in the country.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #958 on: April 20, 2017, 01:54:15 am »
Meanwhile, odds on whether Trump's going to fire Spicer so he can give his old pal Bill O'Reilly a new job?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #959 on: April 20, 2017, 03:29:07 am »
...I think Spicer is gonna have to resume his old job as the Easter Bunny before long.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer