Author Topic: Channel Awesome Drama  (Read 10010 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Channel Awesome Drama
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2018, 07:23:51 pm »
I haven't watched Brad, and only the older NC stuff.  I still like Joe, though, he's a cool guy.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #16 on: April 09, 2018, 03:19:40 am »
And the document has been updated with the accounts of two more people formerly associated with the company. I'm not familiar with Leslie Rice, but his account is more of the same communication issues and mismanagement. On the other hand, Iron Liz's account is... certainly a thing. She may be a white nationalist piece of shit, but no one deserves to be treated that way. She went above and beyond what anyone could have reasonably expected... and she didn't even get compensated gas money or food.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2018, 01:57:15 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #17 on: April 09, 2018, 03:45:17 am »
She may be a white nationalist piece of shit, but no one deserves to be treated that way.

Wait what? When did this development happen?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2018, 11:33:29 am »
If you really want to know, just read her Twitter some time. She was big into GamerGate (I found this out when a picture of her with Milo Yiannoppolous showed up on my feed), apparently was, probably still is, a big Trump supporter, she even defended his trans troop ban with expected rhetoric, despite being trans herself, she regularly retweets white supremacists and other alt-right accounts, she even tried to gaslight another transwoman by saying that trans people on Tumblr are trying to indoctrinate children, citing a Bteitbart article that claimed that most "trans" kids grow up to not be trans (As if experimenting and exploring one's identity isn't a thing) and argued that she was citing "science" as if that wasn't a transphobic smoke screen.

In short, she's become Blair White light.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #19 on: April 09, 2018, 03:31:49 pm »
Wow....Linkara upgraded.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: April 09, 2018, 08:42:26 pm »
I've met Viga. She's awesome. She was in the Machinae Supremacy moshpit at MAGFest.
Who needs a signature?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #21 on: April 11, 2018, 11:02:32 pm »
Huh.  Apparently, the fan doc is gone.  Even when I found it in my history, it don't have no content.  So, that's a thing.  Really wish it'd have at least been archived; even if some of it is unsubstantiated, I'd be willing to bet most of Rob's douchebaggery was legit.  The guy seems like a handicapped guppy who thinks he's a shark.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: April 11, 2018, 11:21:44 pm »
Huh.  Apparently, the fan doc is gone.  Even when I found it in my history, it don't have no content.  So, that's a thing.  Really wish it'd have at least been archived; even if some of it is unsubstantiated, I'd be willing to bet most of Rob's douchebaggery was legit.  The guy seems like a handicapped guppy who thinks he's a shark.

Given how big this controversy is, I'm sure there are archives and mirrors floating around. Don't get too discouraged.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: April 11, 2018, 11:34:56 pm »

Apparently it was confirmed that a bunch of it was shit stirring fabrication. Last I saw it, someone had added an allegation that Brent "Brentalfloss" Black was the former producer who was grooming fans. I can't speak for who Brentalfloss is as a person (I've met him, but it was to ask for an interview that never happened (because I didn't know where his booth was at MAGFest and he asks interviewers to come to him so he can make sure he doesn't disappoint them), so the conversation was about three minutes long), but it's suspect to me because he was never involved in Channel Awesome in more than a few cameo appearances and one extended cameo in a Nostalgia Critic episode.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #24 on: April 12, 2018, 01:54:32 am »
Holy shit, stop the presses.

Angry Joe has just left Channel Awesome. He was their most popular contributor (3 million subs to Channel Awesome's 1 million... and dropping) and the #2 draw to their website.

Taking bets on who's next. I'm thinking Guru Larry.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #25 on: April 12, 2018, 02:14:00 am »
Holy shit, stop the presses.

Angry Joe has just left Channel Awesome. He was their most popular contributor (3 million subs to Channel Awesome's 1 million... and dropping) and the #2 draw to their website.

Taking bets on who's next. I'm thinking Guru Larry.

I've gotten word that Larry has been telling people he knows that "it's not worth leaving right now because the whole thing will be shutdown within a few weeks"

And with Joe gone now what Larry was saying is looking so much more likely.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #26 on: April 12, 2018, 08:19:24 am »
http://channelawesome.com/our-response/

Just read through that and tell me this site is gonna be around for very much longer.  Go on.  Tell me.

Ironbite-I got some ocean front property in Arizona to sell ya then.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #27 on: April 12, 2018, 09:05:47 am »
As long as the Nostalgia Critic brings in the views, I think Channel Awesome will manage to hang in there. Of course, there's no way they'll ever replace all of those producers who left, or fix their reputation, or really do anything do much of anything except eventually die of stagnation, but I don't think they're going anywhere in the immediate future.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 12, 2018, 04:51:47 pm »
For the record: I lost my own bet. MasakoX was the next producer to leave.

My new bet is split between Sage and Guru Larry.
Who needs a signature?

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #29 on: April 12, 2018, 05:12:14 pm »
Oh hey, JewWario turned out to be a rapist scumbag.

Ironbite-JESUS FUCK WHY THE FUCK!?