Author Topic: 14y/o in prison totally not raped by guard.  (Read 6814 times)

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
Re: 14y/o in prison totally not raped by guard.
« Reply #15 on: August 08, 2013, 09:00:10 pm »
I'm having trouble articulating any other opinion than "Die." right now, even if I know I shouldn't.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #16 on: August 09, 2013, 01:57:49 am »
That comment amount "These people aren't little miss muffin" made me mad for several reasons, one of them being....

It tells me that this mindset is the result of people branding all criminals as villainous monsters who don't deserve any rights or kindness at all.

It doesn't matter if she stabbed a guy in the knee with an HIV-poisoned needle, YOU STILL DON'T FUCKING RAPE HER.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: August 09, 2013, 02:14:00 am »
“These girls in the detention center are not Little Miss Muffin,”

But she's still a person with civil rights and you can't just rape her.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #18 on: August 09, 2013, 04:30:20 am »
Dear, sweet, nonexistent god! What sort of bizarre mental gymnastics do you have to do to EVER justify rape. I've been reading the main page since 2008. I've been reading the forums since 2011. I've been sporadically posting for a few months. And I STILL can't figure out how people can think this way.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #19 on: August 09, 2013, 11:44:38 am »
Dear, sweet, nonexistent god! What sort of bizarre mental gymnastics do you have to do to EVER justify rape. I've been reading the main page since 2008. I've been reading the forums since 2011. I've been sporadically posting for a few months. And I STILL can't figure out how people can think this way.

I used to be an outright fundie and I still can't figure out how people can think this way.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #20 on: August 09, 2013, 04:50:33 pm »

I used to be an outright fundie and I still can't figure out how people can think this way.

I think it's the "just world" hypothesis. You see it a lot in regards to rape, particularly when someone is giving out "safety tips for women." The idea is that you'll be safe from violence as long as you're a nice girl and don't go to parties/drink/walk down dark alleys at 3 AM/wear shorts. When someone espouses this view it's not that they think rape is justified. More like they're so frightened and repulsed by sexual violence that it inspires irrational thought.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2013, 05:08:29 pm »

I think it's the "just world" hypothesis. You see it a lot in regards to rape, particularly when someone is giving out "safety tips for women." The idea is that you'll be safe from violence as long as you're a nice girl and don't go to parties/drink/walk down dark alleys at 3 AM/wear shorts. When someone espouses this view it's not that they think rape is justified. More like they're so frightened and repulsed by sexual violence that it inspires irrational thought.

Sadly, I doubt that, considering just how vehement these rape apologists can get.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #22 on: August 09, 2013, 10:19:54 pm »

Sadly, I doubt that, considering just how vehement these rape apologists can get.
I think it's more like rape is a moral and just punishment for those type of women although in this case I think it is just lawyers coming up with whatever bullshit they can in order to avoid (having their clients) taking any responsibility because that will cost money. Honestly, how often do you see any organization voluntarily take responsibility for something when they know they could be liable for compensation? Virtually never.

Offline rageaholic

• The Beast
« Reply #23 on: August 10, 2013, 03:12:57 pm »
That comment amount "These people aren't little miss muffin" made me mad for several reasons, one of them being....

Makes me rage too.  It's more ignorant black and white thinking.

What was she even in jail for anyway?  (not that it matters, I'm just curious). 

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #24 on: August 10, 2013, 05:29:11 pm »

Makes me rage too.  It's more ignorant black and white thinking.

What was she even in jail for anyway?  (not that it matters, I'm just curious).
All the info given is that she's now 20y/o, and was abused and neglected as a child.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #25 on: August 11, 2013, 02:52:43 am »
You know what really bothers me? This girl was abused and neglected for her entire life leading up to her incarceration, by adults who were supposed to love and protect her. Then she was raped, again by someone whose job it was to keep her safe. And now grown men are completely dismissing the abuse with that old "of course she wanted it!" chestnut. Society has failed her. If I was this woman, I would be burning with rage.
Agreed. Am I the only one who hopes she becomes a multi-millionaire metal singer? She'd have plenty of fuel, and it'd definitely show this bastard.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #26 on: August 11, 2013, 11:42:27 am »
You know what really bothers me? This girl was abused and neglected for her entire life leading up to her incarceration, by adults who were supposed to love and protect her. Then she was raped, again by someone whose job it was to keep her safe. And now grown men are completely dismissing the abuse with that old "of course she wanted it!" chestnut. Society has failed her. If I was this woman, I would be burning with rage.
Agreed. Am I the only one who hopes she becomes a multi-millionaire metal singer? She'd have plenty of fuel, and it'd definitely show this bastard.
Hahahahahahahaha no metal act is worth that if they weren't around in the 80s. Most of them can't make a living off their music alone.

/hashtag/offtopicfacts
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #27 on: August 11, 2013, 01:42:57 pm »
Hahahahahahahaha no metal act is worth that if they weren't around in the 80s. Most of them can't make a living off their music alone.

/hashtag/offtopicfacts
Not always. A few got that big in the 2000s, and plenty in the 1990s. Billions? No. Millions? Yes. Let's be honest, David Draiman is living really fucking comfortably, and Otep Shamaya is likely doing pretty good for herself too. Mr. Lordi is likely pretty well off too.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2013, 06:50:05 pm »
Obvious trolls are trolling that article to death.

Also consent to rape? Someone needs to be beaten with multiple different types of dictionaries.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*