Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 274334 times)

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #975 on: September 09, 2017, 04:03:00 pm »
Goddammit, why do these people look so much like me?
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #976 on: September 09, 2017, 05:13:42 pm »
Did somebody order some hypocrisy?

No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #977 on: September 15, 2017, 12:53:58 am »
Ahhhh shite.  :P

« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 02:23:08 am by Tolpuddle Martyr »

pyro

« Reply #980 on: September 15, 2017, 11:36:25 am »
OTOH, that is a pretty impressive rant and a good reply to most of the crap in this thread.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #981 on: September 16, 2017, 04:11:08 pm »
Found on r/conspiracy:

People keep talking about how the Russians are infringing on our democracy and are trying to influence the will of the people, but all I see are Jews.

Jewish media, Jewish lawyers, Jewish politicians, Jewish special interest groups...

I know this is a touchy subject.

I have to say, I did not start life thinking like this, and I actually don't consider myself an antisemite. As a matter of fact, my viewpoints about the state of Israel/Palestine can be considered quite conservative (though I have grown ambivelent in some respects).

And yet, I just kept noticing all these strange "coincidences"...
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #982 on: September 17, 2017, 08:47:21 am »
I'm not racist, but...
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #983 on: September 17, 2017, 11:05:49 pm »
Coincidences?

Like all the *ahem* "coincidental" agreements that r/Conspiracy users have with antisemites?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #984 on: September 18, 2017, 03:05:32 pm »
If you break off the people for whom health insurance would be affordable and let the market work, and combine that with a government program designed to cover the otherwise-uninsurable, you lower both direct premiums to the individual AND total overall cost of insurance.

The government program would obviously need to be paid for by tax dollars, which would come from income taxes, and not be directly tied to an individual's ability to pay for their care.

There's a lot of devil in the details of such a concept, but please explain why you think such a concept wouldn't work from a total AND per capita direct cost perspective.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #985 on: September 18, 2017, 03:42:36 pm »
Because the free market is bullshit and buying what is essentially your life is terminally moronic.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #986 on: September 18, 2017, 03:44:20 pm »
Because the free market is bullshit and buying what is essentially your life is terminally moronic.

The free market isn't bullshit in itself. It's how it perverts the profit motive when it comes to health insurance that's bullshit.

The free market works perfectly fine when it comes to consumer goods.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #987 on: September 18, 2017, 04:27:04 pm »
From Twitter user "heterogamingvet"

this is what they want to turn gaming into some gay multicultural jerk off session not on my watch #GamerGate

This was shared by a actor that I follow on FB with the comment "What's it like being an incredible scumbag?"
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #988 on: September 18, 2017, 05:23:30 pm »
After taking a look at HeteroGamingVet's feed with the original intention to laugh at his stupidity I'm 99% sure he's a poe. His other tweets make it more obvious:

I can beat any minority, homosexual, or woman at any video game. This is what makes me the leader of #GamerGate

I didn't ask for these women and gays  in gaming #GamerGate

The problem with his style is that many of his individual tweets are just believable enough to take them from parody to poe territory. When retweeted by someone else you don't have the rest of the feed to provide you with more context of what he is doing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #989 on: September 18, 2017, 09:03:54 pm »
There's also the problem with GamerGate satire looking and acting no different than sincere supporters. So, yes, this one looks ridiculous, but he's so close to what sincere supporters actually say and believe that he's pretty much indistinguishable.
Who needs a signature?