Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 275436 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #960 on: August 23, 2017, 03:52:03 pm »
Of course, you're right that, if Democrats would stop advocating abortion rights, it would be a great deal easier to vote for them. As it stands, the average centrist Catholic voter (who is both pro-life and supports Democratic anti-poverty programs) has to weigh the body count from Republican budget cuts against the body count of Democratic abortion policy. And any honest arithmetic drives them into the Republican column as a result.

FETUSES AREN'T PEOPLE YOU FUCKING MORON!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #961 on: August 23, 2017, 04:10:10 pm »
Of course, you're right that, if Democrats would stop advocating abortion rights, it would be a great deal easier to vote for them. As it stands, the average centrist Catholic voter (who is both pro-life and supports Democratic anti-poverty programs) has to weigh the body count from Republican budget cuts against the body count of Democratic abortion policy. And any honest arithmetic drives them into the Republican column as a result.

If you're pro-life, they are.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #962 on: August 23, 2017, 04:12:56 pm »

Then God is the world's greatest abortion doctor, and his already substantial murder count from what's been documented in the Bible keeps going up daily.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #963 on: August 23, 2017, 05:48:29 pm »

Then God is the world's greatest abortion doctor, and his already substantial murder count from what's been documented in the Bible keeps going up daily.

Man, I'm not pro-life. But it's not like their position is hard to understand. If you believe that human life begins at conception, an opposition to abortion naturally follows.

Smart pro-lifers, like one of my friends in Arkansas, pair that with support for more awareness of and in some cases financial support for birth control, so that abortions aren't necessary in the first place. But it's not like their position is any more arbitrary than your own decision on when human life begins.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #964 on: August 23, 2017, 05:54:35 pm »

Man, I'm not pro-life. But it's not like their position is hard to understand. If you believe that human life begins at conception, an opposition to abortion naturally follows.

Smart pro-lifers, like one of my friends in Arkansas, pair that with support for more awareness of and in some cases financial support for birth control, so that abortions aren't necessary in the first place. But it's not like their position is any more arbitrary than your own decision on when human life begins.

Sure. And if pro-lifers were by and large in favour of comprehensive sex education and improved access to birth control, I wouldn't have anywhere near the level of anger I do against them. But when you insist on policies that will increase the pregnancy rate, and restrict access to abortion, and remove the supports for women who have children... that's when I get pissed off.

And anyway, even if I thought human life began at conception (I'm undecided on the point), I could still see an argument for the pro-choice position: what right does the zygote/embryo/fetus have to demand that another human provide literally all the necessities of life for it for nine or so months, while also inflicting various negative physical consequences on said human? Would I have the right simply to attach myself to another human in that way and make those demands and exact those consequences? And if not, why does the zygote/embryo/fetus have that right while I don't if we're both equally human?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #965 on: August 23, 2017, 06:12:10 pm »
Oh c'mon man, "pro life" just means "women not being forced to be barefoot and pregnant from 14 to 40 makes them uncomfortable".

Life's got nothing to do with it, look at their support for the death penalty and every military campaign to bomb the crap out of somewhere foreign ever!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #966 on: August 23, 2017, 06:15:35 pm »
Oh c'mon man, "pro life" just means "women not being forced to be barefoot and pregnant from 14 to 40 makes them uncomfortable".

Life's got nothing to do with it, look at their support for the death penalty and every military campaign to bomb the crap out of somewhere foreign ever!

The person who posted the quote in question claims to be pro-life and anti-death penalty, and thinks the current AUMF is far too broad and should be reconsidered.

pyro

« Reply #967 on: August 23, 2017, 07:09:41 pm »
You can actually be pro-life because you've thought it through and decided that that's what makes sense. Just because I don't get it doesn't mean it's dumb, and not every pro-lifer is a clone of Adam4d.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #968 on: August 23, 2017, 07:18:41 pm »
You can actually be pro-life because you've thought it through and decided that that's what makes sense. Just because I don't get it doesn't mean it's dumb, and not every pro-lifer is a clone of Adam4d.

Sure... but unless it's coupled with policies that reduce the demand for the procedure you're trying to ban, I'll still think you're a misogynistic idiot looking for some sort of justification for your deeper prejudice.

pyro

« Reply #969 on: August 23, 2017, 11:17:02 pm »
Sure... but unless it's coupled with policies that reduce the demand for the procedure you're trying to ban, I'll still think you're a misogynistic idiot looking for some sort of justification for your deeper prejudice.

Yes, that's the point. It should be coupled with policies that reduce the demand for the procedure you're trying to ban.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #970 on: August 27, 2017, 11:34:38 pm »
Me, I'm fine with pro-lifers, but I can't stand anti-choicers. Not believing in abortion is one thing, trying to keep other people from getting abortions is another.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #971 on: September 03, 2017, 08:46:36 pm »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #972 on: September 03, 2017, 10:53:00 pm »

I enjoyed the gratuitous racism at the end. It really cemented the whole "I'm completely unlikable" thing he seemed to be aiming towards.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #973 on: September 09, 2017, 04:48:05 am »

I enjoyed the gratuitous racism at the end. It really cemented the whole "I'm completely unlikable" thing he seemed to be aiming towards.

I think the fedora is cutting off the circulation to his brain.

pyro

« Reply #974 on: September 09, 2017, 01:26:43 pm »
No, I'm pretty sure the Fedora is the result of the stupidity. Not the cause of it.