Author Topic: Nudism: A serious discussion  (Read 7158 times)

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
Re: Nudism: A serious discussion
« Reply #15 on: April 08, 2013, 02:24:10 pm »
Just because no discussion of nudism would be complete without them, I shall now share giant boobies with the board.

(click to show/hide)
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2013, 02:42:40 pm »
I agree that laws on nudism should be relaxed and there should be more nudist areas for people who want them, but I don't really like the idea of there being lots of nudists around all the time. As well as the points that have been mentioned already, it just doesn't seem very hygienic.

Imagine being on a packed bus/tube/train with loads of nudists, or nudists sitting on public benches and ruining them for everyone else with their sweaty fucking arses. It just seems nasty to me.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2013, 03:07:13 pm »
I think we have managed to nail down the reasons behind humans wearing clothing and why we as a society have a knee jerk reaction to nudity.
Even amongst secular people someone being nude will cause a noticeable reaction simply because it is considered extremely unusual. Add to the fact that society has sexualized breasts and genitals and created a thought pattern where any time such body parts are shown is sexualized.

That said, I am grateful for clothing. There are many people I would really not wish to see naked. Seeing them squeeze into clothing that is 2 sizes too small is horrific enough.

So true, but I think if nudity was the norm - weather permitting, obviously- people would be more likely to exercise and care about how much they eat, if they lacked the requirement of clothing to hide under. Also, even those whose medical or physical conditions mean they cannot maintain a normative body type would at least have healthier skin from the exposure to fresh air and sunlight, and I doubt they would be stared at any more than they are now with clothing required by all.

Yeah, the thought of seeing a bunch of "People of Walmart" examples prancing about nude is horrific...but maybe fewer such visions of unloveliness would exist in a nudist world.
I think you're both missing the point, somewhat. Nudists are all sorts of shapes and sizes, including old, fat, hairy, bad skinned, etc. But when nudity is common place, those sorts of things cease to be repulsive or even attention-grabbing. It just becomes part of what people look like. I've read (anecdotal evidence from nudism websites, so add salt to taste) that children who grow up in nudist culture have fewer hang-ups about body image, because they have a more accurate perception of what real people look like.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #18 on: April 08, 2013, 05:42:06 pm »
I like being a nudist... in the privacy of my own home, or around my friends that really don't care what I look like.  That being said? I have self-image issues due to my weight and generally bear-ish look (translation:  I'm pretty furry.  I don't like the fact I am) so while I wouldn't stop anybody that was wanting to do so... I don't think I'd be there with them.  I look terrible, I know it, and I wouldn't want to inflict that on anyone else.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #19 on: April 08, 2013, 05:56:48 pm »
(translation:  I'm pretty furry.  I don't like the fact I am)

How long are your pubes? What? I felt like asking.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Joey

• Bishop
« Reply #20 on: April 08, 2013, 05:59:52 pm »
The real question is, does the carpet match the drapes?

(In a nudist society, you'd never have to ask!)
« Last Edit: April 08, 2013, 06:21:10 pm by Joey »
"A human is a system for converting dust billions of years ago into dust billions of years from now via a roundabout process which involves checking email a lot." - XKCD

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #21 on: April 08, 2013, 06:15:19 pm »
(translation:  I'm pretty furry.  I don't like the fact I am)

How long are your pubes? What? I felt like asking.

I try to keep those trimmed.  If I can be neat and trim where I can reach with a razor, I do so.  Triple blades are my friend.  And that's the last I'll say on the subject.  If you want to ask anything further, PM me.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #22 on: April 08, 2013, 07:12:43 pm »
I wish I could be nude more often. as of now i can only do it around my partner
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2013, 10:47:48 pm »
We can be the first members of the FSTDT nudist commune.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #24 on: April 08, 2013, 11:22:47 pm »
I agree that some indecent exposure laws should be less strict, but I don't think nudism is very practical overall. Public transport would get disgusting (and potentially dangerous), women on their period wouldn't exactly feel comfortable or clean, and the elderly might feel more embarrassed if they have to wear certain medical devices. That's just a couple reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #25 on: April 09, 2013, 12:12:19 am »
I agree that some indecent exposure laws should be less strict, but I don't think nudism is very practical overall. Public transport would get disgusting (and potentially dangerous), women on their period wouldn't exactly feel comfortable or clean, and the elderly might feel more embarrassed if they have to wear certain medical devices. That's just a couple reasons off the top of my head. I'm sure there's more.
Not just women, I don't think most people would want blood all over the place. Also if you live in colder climates, it's kinda dumb to go without any clothes on.

Offline Captain Jack Harkness

• Petter, Brony, and All-Around Cartoon Addict
  • The Beast
  • Or as a friend calls him, Captain Jack Hotness!
« Reply #26 on: April 09, 2013, 12:49:28 am »
Not just women, I don't think most people would want blood all over the place. Also if you live in colder climates, it's kinda dumb to go without any clothes on.

This reminds me of GTA III with the overzealous nudist and Lazlo asking "What about winter?" :P
My friend's blog.  Check it out!

I blame/credit The Doctor with inspiring my name change.

Distind

« Reply #27 on: April 09, 2013, 01:12:15 pm »
We can be the first members of the FSTDT nudist commune.

Legal Disclaimer:
FSTDT in no way supports or condones it's members nudity.

Personally, I like clothes, they're warm. I also live where it gets pretty cold.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: April 09, 2013, 01:38:56 pm »
I know - how about just topless option for all, weather permitting. No butt sweat or period spots on the seats, and colostomy bags and catheters and insulin pumps can be covered up that way.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Distind

« Reply #29 on: April 09, 2013, 01:42:55 pm »
I know - how about just topless option for all, weather permitting. No butt sweat or period spots on the seats, and colostomy bags and catheters and insulin pumps can be covered up that way.
Wow, I know it'd been mentioned before, but nudism would probably put an end to my use of public transportation. I'd just see ass sweat everywhere.

But notably, that's more or less legal in NY now, there's a boob walk/flash thing yearly just to celebrate the court case that laid it down.