Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275294 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #570 on: July 01, 2013, 08:08:40 pm »
I've never liked the concept of making a film in 3D. Usually they're poorly executed and distract from the rest of the film, and not only that, the novelty of such gimmickry, even when well done, grows stale quickly.

Then there are movies that are re-released where it's just not necessary, like a critically acclaimed film such as The Lion King or a almost universally loathed film (and token of disappointment) like Star Wars [Episode I]: The Phantom Menace.

^^ I went to see the re-release of Jurassic Park in 3D a while back. There were a few scenes where it worked out, but for the most part it was just distracting. Without the proper camera work, 3D isn't very effective.

I was mostly just happy to see the film remastered in HD.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Errata

• Neonate
  • Personal Text
« Reply #571 on: July 01, 2013, 08:20:20 pm »
I watched "Beverly Hills Ninja" for the first time in almost twelve years.

I regret nothing.
Signature

wrightway

« Reply #572 on: July 01, 2013, 10:16:52 pm »
I watched "Beverly Hills Ninja" for the first time in almost twelve years.

I regret nothing.

Never regret a Chris Farley movie; only regret what fame did to the man.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #573 on: July 01, 2013, 10:29:27 pm »
I hate 3D movies, they seem to give me a fucking headache. If there is any movie fad I want to die, it's the whole 3D movie fad. And no hot actor/actress can save it in my eyes.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #574 on: July 02, 2013, 03:31:53 am »
I hate 3D movies, they seem to give me a fucking headache. If there is any movie fad I want to die, it's the whole 3D movie fad. And no hot actor/actress can save it in my eyes.

Some times a different type of 3D is easier on eyes but more than that it seems to depend on the viewer. I find that well done 3D effects are a nice gimmick that may enhance the movie going experience, but I won't save a bad movie by itself.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #575 on: July 02, 2013, 05:47:36 am »
Monsters university.  I enjoyed it though I don't see the point of it being in 3D (My wife's idea and she paid for the ticket so I wasn't going to argue). 

I do want to see Planes in 3D though.

3D is a cheap way to make more money with animation. It often fails with live action films because unless the film is filmed in 3D (which is costly and takes ages; you can lose up to 3 hours or more on a single day of shooting due to the added complexity of the cameras), you need to spend months and months doing post-production conversion that often doesn't look as good as the real thing.

With CGI films, though, it's extremely simple: re-render the masters with a split virtual camera. Bam, done. That's why they could get Toy Story's 3D re-releases out so quickly and easily. And you charge extra money for 3D tickets, so it's really a win-win.

I usually don't care much for 3D films, but I really want to see Planes in 3D after watching the review of the planes flying, where it looks like the camera is right behind the plane.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #576 on: July 02, 2013, 07:09:03 pm »
Les Miserables
Not my type of musical, but it was pretty good. Best song has to be "Master of the House"
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBqw0OnKR6s" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WBqw0OnKR6s</a>

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #577 on: July 02, 2013, 07:23:19 pm »
MOVIE WAR ULTIMATIUM!

Ironbite-....don't ask.

wrightway

« Reply #578 on: July 03, 2013, 01:29:23 am »
I love you Phillip Morris.

It was weird but good.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #579 on: July 03, 2013, 01:36:25 am »
Drop Dead Fred

One of my old childhood favorites. I had completely forgotten about it until I found it on the internet.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #580 on: July 04, 2013, 11:13:52 pm »
The Heart Is Deceitful Above All Things. Came for the Marilyn Manson cameo, but really loved it for many more reasons than that.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #581 on: July 04, 2013, 11:15:07 pm »
Watched the new Man Of Steel today.  Not bad, not bad at all.  But holy collateral damage Batman!
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #582 on: July 04, 2013, 11:24:10 pm »
Watched the new Man Of Steel today.  Not bad, not bad at all.  But holy collateral damage Batman!

Not to mention Superman was just dealing with a alien invasion, while the Avengers were dealing with a alien invasion + a temper tantrum of a god with major daddy and jealousy issues.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2013, 11:35:11 pm by Empress Nicki »

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #583 on: July 04, 2013, 11:40:25 pm »
Against my better judgment, I tried to watch "An American Carol." I got through about the first twenty minutes or so.

This, people, is why conservatives don't make comedy movies: They're not funny. It doesn't even qualify as satire...it's just a long list of jokes belittling Afghans, Mexicans, Cubans, Michael Moore and everyone else they don't like.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #584 on: July 05, 2013, 12:08:01 am »
You know the sad thing is that I remember seeing the trailer for that pos, and there were these old bitches in front of me at the time saying "Oh, I hope they make fun of Obama." They must be flipping their shit, now.