Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025346 times)

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #1110 on: May 03, 2012, 07:17:25 pm »
I hate it when my arm bursts into flames after I get a shot.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1111 on: May 03, 2012, 07:25:51 pm »
Other people do too because you usually set other people on fire when that happens.

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #1112 on: May 03, 2012, 07:47:44 pm »
They deserve it.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1113 on: May 03, 2012, 08:05:08 pm »

Woops, sorry. I won't use my incendiary ammo next time.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1114 on: May 03, 2012, 09:08:59 pm »
I'm sorry. Hopefully you'll find another job soon.

What was your job?
Dry grocery sales associate.  Basically, I stocked and rotated canned food and shit.

Whelp...got fired.  Apparently, I wasn't working fast enough, and I "wasn't going to work out."  Funny that...considering I worked so hard, I had sharp, stabbing pains in my chest that made me terrified I was having a heart attack.

Oh, and they didn't give me any paperwork, either.  Sooooo...I feel like raisin some hell.

My advice...get on unemployment as fast as possible.  Wal-Mart loves to pull this shit, giving bullshit reasons to fire people that are in violation of their own policies.  Raise hell dude.  No paperwork means you've got a chance.

Ironbite-though less of one then I had as I think you were on your probationary period.

Haha, I've got a disability advocate on my side already.  In fact, its the lady I do work for during the bi-annual yard sale.  I told them, in no uncertain terms that I suffer from social anxiety disorder, mild OCD, and ADHD.  I believe the term she used was "reasonable accommodation."  Let's see what magic she can work...she said she'd call once she's done some digging.  I like her.

People who expect everyone else to constantly do them favours, and then whine, piss and moan when someone asks for one tiny little favour in return.

That sounds JUST like Drew.  He's got NO fucking problems asking to borrow games and shit, and he's also got NO problems claiming said games in the name of GAWD (whose protection disappears the moment my brother and I appear on his doorstep, demanding our shit back...funny, that.), but...well, I'll give you an example.

A few days ago, I got sick at work...I don't know if it was bad canned pasta or severe stress, but I was vomiting very badly and one of my managers told me, in no uncertain terms, to go home.  Well, I talked to Brit, and she said Drew was in-transit and could just drive a wee longer to come get me.  So, I texted him and asked, I told him that I was puking up my whole stomach contents...and the piece of shit had the fucking nerve to demand gas money from me.  Motherfucker, the only reason I could text you was because I'd vomited so much, there wasn't anything LEFT in my stomach I could puke up.  I DON'T NEED YOUR BULLSHIT.

Needless to say, I got a ride from Brit who used Granny's car, which ISN'T a barely-working piece of shit.  Fuck that asshole.  In the ass.  With a cactus coated in salt.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #1115 on: May 03, 2012, 11:10:38 pm »

Woops, sorry. I won't use my incendiary ammo next time.

Appreciate it.

People who expect everyone else to constantly do them favours, and then whine, piss and moan when someone asks for one tiny little favour in return.

That sounds JUST like Drew.  He's got NO fucking problems asking to borrow games and shit, and he's also got NO problems claiming said games in the name of GAWD (whose protection disappears the moment my brother and I appear on his doorstep, demanding our shit back...funny, that.), but...well, I'll give you an example.

A few days ago, I got sick at work...I don't know if it was bad canned pasta or severe stress, but I was vomiting very badly and one of my managers told me, in no uncertain terms, to go home.  Well, I talked to Brit, and she said Drew was in-transit and could just drive a wee longer to come get me.  So, I texted him and asked, I told him that I was puking up my whole stomach contents...and the piece of shit had the fucking nerve to demand gas money from me.  Motherfucker, the only reason I could text you was because I'd vomited so much, there wasn't anything LEFT in my stomach I could puke up.  I DON'T NEED YOUR BULLSHIT.

Needless to say, I got a ride from Brit who used Granny's car, which ISN'T a barely-working piece of shit.  Fuck that asshole.  In the ass.  With a cactus coated in salt.

I would have offered him some "biofuel" -- i.e., me puking in his gas tank.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1116 on: May 03, 2012, 11:18:30 pm »
I'll offer 'im some biofuel in the form of me pissing on his Bible.  Yes, I am faaaaaar past the point of respecting anything about him, religion included.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1117 on: May 04, 2012, 01:19:29 am »
Got my first review on my fanfiction. You tell me what part is annoying:

"I just read through all of this and it's good, but it is dialogue heavy. I suggest that maybe you focus on one thing at a time. Fanfiction is not advanced litrature, and people just want to come and casually read about there favorite fandom."

>___>

I suppose that's what I get for saying "any and all reviews welcome."
« Last Edit: May 04, 2012, 01:22:24 am by Commander Shepard »

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1118 on: May 04, 2012, 04:51:58 am »
Ahh, it's the age of ADD.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1119 on: May 04, 2012, 04:59:36 am »
On the plus side I got a second review about half an hour later that insisted I continue and to ignore the first review. So it evens out.

&

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #1120 on: May 04, 2012, 05:03:55 am »
Balance in nature is always good. :)

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #1121 on: May 04, 2012, 08:59:13 am »

"I just read through all of this and it's good, but it is dialogue heavy. I suggest that maybe you focus on one thing at a time. Fanfiction is not advanced litrature, and people just want to come and casually read about there favorite fandom."

>___>

I received the same line, but from the fan-fic author. He wrote only in endless pargraphs (minimum 12 sentences), hiding the dialogue inside. The story was solid, but since he was getting grief, I decided to be helpful and showed him how to break down these paragraphs into a format that more people would like to read (ie, how every single goddamn book on the planet has done it since the end of the romantic era of Victorian literature!).

"This isn't a writing course, I just want to get the stories out. What are you, and English major?"

>___< Yes.... yes I am. Congrats on having no one want to read your shit.

I've helped many a fan-fic writer in the same way, and I'm often suprised how my simple suggestions of hitting return once in awhile and separating dialogue is seen as mind-blowing. I'd always assumed most fan-fic writers at least read a book or two and would, you know, at least try to copy their favorite authors until they found a voice.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #1122 on: May 04, 2012, 10:05:53 am »

>___>

I received the same line, but from the fan-fic author. He wrote only in endless pargraphs (minimum 12 sentences), hiding the dialogue inside. The story was solid, but since he was getting grief, I decided to be helpful and showed him how to break down these paragraphs into a format that more people would like to read (ie, how every single goddamn book on the planet has done it since the end of the romantic era of Victorian literature!).

"This isn't a writing course, I just want to get the stories out. What are you, and English major?"

I've helped many a fan-fic writer in the same way, and I'm often suprised how my simple suggestions of hitting return once in awhile and separating dialogue is seen as mind-blowing. I'd always assumed most fan-fic writers at least read a book or two and would, you know, at least try to copy their favorite authors until they found a voice.
Most people who say things like 'critiques are welcome' usually mean 'tell me how awesome I am'.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #1123 on: May 04, 2012, 11:14:55 am »

>___>

Oh goddess, I hate people who write like that. >.< I have always separated dialogue when I can. It just looks so much nicer, y'know?

&

Offline Igor

• The Beast
  • Welcome to the velvet room...
« Reply #1124 on: May 04, 2012, 11:28:45 am »

>___>

Oh goddess, I hate people who write like that. >.< I have always separated dialogue when I can. It just looks so much nicer, y'know?
Wanna hear something really sad? I didn't know to do that until grade 9 or so... First story I tried to write failed miserably as soon as I started to write dialogue because I didn't know it got its own paragraph. Keep in mind I am, and have always been, a voracious reader, I should have already known that. The irony of this all being that I want to get into the editing and publishing industry at some point.

Segueing perfectly back on topic, I'm annoyed at how my (now former) high school had a creative writing class that I couldn't take because I was taking applied-level classes and not academic-level classes. It was an academic level class, apparently. I was in the wrong tier. Ugh.

Quote from: Quasirodent
The logical response to getting that tingle in his dingle is turning into an asshat, of course.

Les ananas ne parlent pas!