Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2023968 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #930 on: April 07, 2012, 04:14:40 pm »
I meant Pearl Harbor. For a solid week it's nothing but Pearl Harbor IT WAS AN INSIDE JOB 'documentaries'.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #931 on: April 07, 2012, 04:26:34 pm »
Ah. We don't see as many Pearl Harbor documentaries up here, for obvious reasons. We do get a ton of documentaries about WWI and WWII come November (because of Remembrance Day), such as the storming of Juno beach, but I don't usually find myself annoyed by them, mostly because they tend to be fairly tasteful overall and lack that vibe of exploitation which permeates Titanic documentaries.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #932 on: April 07, 2012, 04:46:17 pm »
Count your lucky stars then. I have to generally avoid TV because it isn't just the History channel that hops onto the wagon.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #933 on: April 07, 2012, 08:33:49 pm »
Listening to an important client at work complain that $250k/year isn't enough to live off of.  I'd like to see him try living off of my income.  >:(

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #934 on: April 07, 2012, 08:46:41 pm »
Mom joked about charging me rent when I start getting paid...apparently, she did that to Ka when he was working.  (Meaning, she actually DID charge him rent.)

Look, I'll help with necessities if yours and dad's income just can't cut it, but beyond that, no.  I have a god damned girlfriend 1,000 miles away who's counting on me to get as much from this job as quickly as I can so I can finally move the fuck out of this shithole.  So, no, I'm not paying rent.  Want to try to threaten me with expulsion?  Guess what?  I legally own 25% of the land you're on, and I legally own the only vehicle this family has.  Do not try to pull that shit with me.  Because its not just my happiness that's at stake here, but the happiness of the woman I love.  You will not be allowed to put her happiness in jeopardy.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #935 on: April 07, 2012, 08:53:15 pm »
Count your lucky stars then. I have to generally avoid TV because it isn't just the History channel that hops onto the wagon.

Speaking of the History Channel...

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #936 on: April 07, 2012, 11:10:34 pm »
VS, if you were a woman, I'd kiss you for that image.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #937 on: April 08, 2012, 01:27:41 am »
Listening to an important client at work complain that $250k/year isn't enough to live off of.  I'd like to see him try living off of my income.  >:(

Was this 250K personal income, or 250k profits from a business? 'cause my friend's mom made around 200k at one point, but most of it went back into the business, such as paying her employees, purchasing products, advertising, etc., meaning she still found herself struggling to make ends meet for her family. If it's personal income, however, it's more than enough to live off of.
« Last Edit: April 08, 2012, 01:29:57 am by Mlle Antéchrist »
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #938 on: April 08, 2012, 01:56:50 am »

Speaking of the History Channel...

Heeeey that looks familiar. I think I posted it in funny pics. :P

But yeah. Discovery gets in on it and a few other channels. Irritating to the extreme.

&

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #939 on: April 08, 2012, 12:44:25 pm »
I swear, I must know how to code better than my professor.  No one understood the assigned lab, so she attempted to go over it in class. It made absolutely ZERO sense because she never knows what the fuck she's doing, and her attempt at a correction via email is just laughable. Excuse me while I use my head make a large hole in the nearest wall.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #940 on: April 08, 2012, 06:05:05 pm »
The day of the Lord's resurrection is NOT an excuse to drive like an ass. I don't care if Jesus himself is at the church, you don't need to be driving so recklessly.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
    • My Twitter
« Reply #941 on: April 08, 2012, 07:00:56 pm »
I swear, I must know how to code better than my professor.  No one understood the assigned lab, so she attempted to go over it in class. It made absolutely ZERO sense because she never knows what the fuck she's doing, and her attempt at a correction via email is just laughable. Excuse me while I use my head make a large hole in the nearest wall.

Haha, at least it says good things about you when you can code circles around your professor!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #942 on: April 08, 2012, 09:57:16 pm »
So I got banned from Photobucket for. . . ???
Like that account had wedding pictures in it.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #943 on: April 09, 2012, 03:53:11 pm »
Today was Discovery Day at my university, which is when high school students and their parents come to check out the campus to see if they may want to attend in the future. This translates to fucked up parking, because they all pile into the small parking garage and steal spots that are reserved for commuter students (like me). Touring a new campus also apparently means that all manners and common sense are tossed out the window, leading to things like people randomly stepping in front of my (moving) car. But no, I'm not bitter at all for people behaving like a bunch of pea-brains.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #944 on: April 09, 2012, 05:55:00 pm »
When people say "ugh, you have an answer for everything" in an argument, especially parents.

Dude, we know what this means. It's just you realizing you lost the argument and are trying to save face by putting yourself on a moral pedestal, and a shaky one at that. So cut the bullshit, mmmmmmkay? 
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.