Author Topic: Things That Annoy You  (Read 2025535 times)

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
Re: Things That Annoy You
« Reply #555 on: February 21, 2012, 07:40:57 pm »
Forgetting to eat.  Yes, I can manage to distract myself so much, that I forget I haven't eaten anything all day.  I don't even notice the hunger until my stomach decides to go, "HEY, RETARD, I'M STARVING OVER HERE!"
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #556 on: February 21, 2012, 07:54:30 pm »
Oh, good, I thought I was the only person who did that. Not that forgetting to eat is a good thing cos it makes you pretty fucking sick, I'm just glad to know I'm not quite as bizarre as I worried.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline one-shot

• Bishop
  • Zen is...
« Reply #557 on: February 21, 2012, 09:59:40 pm »
I forget to eat sometimes too.  Now, something else that annoys me.  Rebecca Black.  And not just her song.  But the fact that not only is she absolutely terrible, she is actually headed for a music career.  Who knew that screeching like a night owl could substitute for musical talent?
All things are no-thing.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #558 on: February 21, 2012, 10:23:59 pm »
What the hell is up with all of fancy womens' belts?? I spent an hour looking through belts, and out of all the belts, there were only like 10 that were just plain belts. Not every chick wants a belt that has fucking rhinestones or sparkles on it.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #559 on: February 22, 2012, 12:44:22 am »
What the hell is up with all of fancy womens' belts?? I spent an hour looking through belts, and out of all the belts, there were only like 10 that were just plain belts. Not every chick wants a belt that has fucking rhinestones or sparkles on it.

I hate the fucking rhinestone fetish. Jesus christ, give me a plain black belt that doesn't have sparkly things or tassels or fucking "ANGEL" woven into it.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #560 on: February 22, 2012, 12:52:32 am »
...Tassels? So they can brush against your hooha while you walk?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Auri-El

• Raxacoricofallapatorian
  • Pope
« Reply #561 on: February 23, 2012, 08:00:50 am »
Steam. Damn thing never works, and customer support's no help at all.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #562 on: February 23, 2012, 12:48:47 pm »
Getting pissed off first thing I wake up, on my birthday no less. Feh.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Jebediah

• Official FSTDT Welcome Committee Head
  • The Beast
  • Winner.
« Reply #563 on: February 23, 2012, 01:04:03 pm »
I hate when professors give out review sheets that basically say, "Everything we have ever discussed, plus what's in your text book." That is no help at all.
Everybody's doin' the fish.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #564 on: February 23, 2012, 01:31:43 pm »
I hate when professors give out review sheets that basically say, "Everything we have ever discussed, plus what's in your text book." That is no help at all.

This. My professor said we were going to have a review day right before our final exam, and I attended that class (a 9am class, despite being at a party the night before) because I thought I'd get something out of it. Nope. Professor said, "Okay, your exam will consist of everything we've done this semester." Great, thanks! Would never have guessed.

Also, happy birthday, Shane!
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #565 on: February 23, 2012, 01:32:50 pm »
Thanks! :)

&

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #566 on: February 23, 2012, 03:32:00 pm »
That I have lab reports to write tonight. Especially since I'm away all weekend, in the lab all day tomorrow and they're for Monday. Oh yes, and I haven't eaten yet as the freezer blew up so I can't get to the damn oven to cook dinner and it is now 20:30. So if you'll excuse me, I have to go science by the seat of my pants.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #567 on: February 23, 2012, 10:28:56 pm »
Cats in heat...the few stray cats around where I live, meow their fucking heads off when they're in heat.

Offline Caitshidhe

• The Keeper of the Kupos
  • The Beast
    • Axiom Speaks
« Reply #568 on: February 23, 2012, 11:31:48 pm »
I developed a deep, irrational hatred of singer/songwriter Adele based purely on the fact that I didn't like her songs but they were insanely overplayed. I didn't even know what she looked like and I hated her. Then I started reading interviews and shit about her (since I'm not smart enough to actually avoid shit that pisses me off), and she makes it extremely difficult to hate her. For one thing, she's very pretty and she's also a curvy, plump woman in an industry dominated by stick models and insane body standards--and she just owns it like nobody's business. I think that's swell. She's also got a nifty attitude, since she flipped off the presenters that interrupted her acceptance speech at the Brit Awards. HAH!

And today I read that she just applied for a helicopter license.

A HELICOPTER LICENSE.

I officially cannot hate this woman.
'The idea that things must have a beginning is really due to the poverty of our imaginations.' -- Bertrand Russel

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #569 on: February 24, 2012, 01:46:51 am »
I hate being told, when rejected for a promotion at work, that I need to "Work on communication skills and team leading."

I spend the next six months ensuring I participate in team meetings, write down important notes for the next shift coming in, improving my training to the point that I am getting accolades from all the supervisors, trying to keep people on task during non-breaks, helping all my team members with problems, calling out and trying to hold up fellow team members as examples of hard workers, all while getting comments from my immediate supervisors on my improvement.

I apply for another promotion, get rejected. Guess what my "feedback" is. Just guess.

"You need to work on team leading..."
- Fair enough, my position doesn't get many opportunities to lead projects...

"...and communication."
- Can you extrapolate?

"What?"
- What do you mean by communication? Can I get specifics?"

"Well... the feedback comes from all of the supervisors who interviewed you and I am not sure what they meant when they put this down..."

I spend six fucking months playing their game, and they don't notice shit. They didn't talk to any of my immediate supervisors, I later discovered, and two people WHO DIDN'T INTERVIEW ME helped make the decision, and the supervisor who would be my boss with my new position, wasn't part of the final call.

Seriously. SERIOUSLY. I can understand not being as qualified or a right fit, but I am one of the finest "communicators" in the store. I have to be. It's in my job description, considering I do just about every piece of work around their except cart detail and registers.

I love how blatant it was they made some shit up to "challenge" me with, as opposed to some actual feedback.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...