Author Topic: World War 3  (Read 8325 times)

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
World War 3
« on: January 17, 2013, 07:54:30 pm »
I always wondered this what do you guys think World War 3 will happen, when it will happen and who will be in it? This is just a random topic and I mostly want to see your answers so I can use it to help me with something else I'm doing.

Also I think that WWIII will involve the following countries

Allies:
U.S (obviously.)
U.K (another obvious one)
South Korea
The majority of the European nations (With possibly the exception of Russia)
Japan

Axis (Or whatever it would be called I'm just using Axis cause I can't think of anything else)
Iran
North Korea
China
Other countries that I cannot remember at the moment

Art Vandelay

Re: World War 3
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2013, 08:00:00 pm »
The world in its current state? Nope, it'll never happen. You know why? Mutually Assured Destruction. Same reason the USA and USSR bent over backwards during the cold war to avoid any direct conflict.

That and the world is economically so much more interdependent that it has ever been in the past. Especially the US and China. Without international trade and investment, both would crash so spectacularly it would make the Credit Crunch look like a minor hickup.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2013, 08:24:07 pm »
If it happens, it will probably start in Europe again, this time between the Eurozone nations with weak economies blaming the ones with strong economies for not helping, and the ones with strong economies blaming the ones with weak economies for dragging down the common currency.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2013, 08:33:35 pm »
If it happens, it will probably start in Europe again, this time between the Eurozone nations with weak economies blaming the ones with strong economies for not helping, and the ones with strong economies blaming the ones with weak economies for dragging down the common currency.
That would hardly be a world war. More like a regional curb stomping.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2013, 09:20:04 pm »
That would hardly be a world war. More like a regional curb stomping.

It's Europe. They'd find a way.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2013, 09:32:59 pm »
That and the world is economically so much more interdependent that it has ever been in the past. Especially the US and China. Without international trade and investment, both would crash so spectacularly it would make the Credit Crunch look like a minor hickup.

Which is the same argument people used to prove World War One impossible.

The reason there will never be a major conflict again is mutually assured destruction. It serves no country's interests to go to war, therefore none will.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2013, 10:02:16 pm »
Stick one thousand neocons at one thousand typewriters and we'd eventually come up with something.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2013, 11:04:51 pm »
It's also why Pakistan and India have not had a conventional conflict since Mutually Assured Destruction.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2013, 11:11:09 pm »

Which is the same argument people used to prove World War One impossible.

Things are a tad more globalised since WWI. In WWI, almost the entirety of Britain and France's secondary goods demands weren't supplied by Germany and Austria, nor were Germany and Austria's manufacturing bases dependent on British and French markets and investments.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2013, 12:32:42 am »
Also, if North Korea ever attacked the USA, even with a nuke, they'd get curbstomped and China wouldn't save them this time. China basically views them as an embarrassment and has more to gain by sticking with the USA anyhow.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 03:05:34 am by Random Guy »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2013, 12:46:02 am »
Oh thank god this thread  8)  Sorry just panic issues anyways also there won't be a war in Europe among other things too many expats also North Korea is defanged and useless the only reason they don't all starve is China gives them money to avoid the swarm of refugees.

Offline Zygarde

• Black trans queen of FQA
  • The Beast
  • Fuck trees, I climb clouds, motherfucker!'
    • My YouTube Channel
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2013, 01:03:33 am »
Still it's fun to think of hypotheticals and that's what I'm looking for.(as well as a few tangible reasons so I can work WWIII into my Sci-Fi novel)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2013, 01:15:23 am »
Truthfully there wont be a war in Iran we would firebomb if it ever came between them and Israel(Silly IMO since Iran has more people)

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #13 on: January 18, 2013, 04:18:23 am »
Hypothetically thinking, I think any world war would pit America vs the rest of the UN, with the BRIC nations forming a third force trying to leverage the system to best benefit them without getting too directly involved.

People in the USA like to think they are the good guys, but given everything since the turn of the century America has been more aggressive and involved in wars and committed more crimes against humanity and breaches of the Geneva convention to warrant the USA being the primary antagonist. The only thing stopping this though is that the UN basically always bends over backwards and sucks the USA's cock at every opportunity so they wont ever really do anything. However we are talking in hypothetical scenarios here.

Alternatively I could see a massive invasion from China into Africa. In this event I doubt the USA would want to get involved, nor would the UN want to, but I could see it coming to that. I am not sure if the rest of the BRIC nations would back china in this.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: January 18, 2013, 06:10:56 am »
The BRIC group (Brazil*, Russia, India, China) is not an alliance. The countries have nothing to do with each other. They do not share interests. They do not even share a continent.

World war would be nuclear, and nuclear war means no allegiances.

* Why is it Brazil, not Argentina? Probably because Americans do not approve of Argentinian government, a point Krugman has made.

-FDR