Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387424 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2565 on: October 09, 2018, 03:48:37 pm »
I've heard about a few possible scenarios:

1. Haley is going to get a job within the administration in the new year, to show that the Republicans aren't anti-woman or anti-minority (she's the daughter of Indian immigrants). Quite possibly for 2020 they'll kick Pence to the curb and run a Trump-Haley ticket.

2. She's setting up for a run of her own, probably challenging Trump in the 2020 primaries. She probably can't win, though--the Republicans have too many winner-take-all contests.

3. She's setting up for an independent run, trying to bleed just enough of the Republican vote (particularly in the South) to keep Trump out. Kasich might do the same thing with the Rust Belt.

Oh I'm sure she'll run for President in 2024. No one is going to challenge Trump in 2020. He may be one of the most hated presidents in recent times but he is the most loved president by the Republican party.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2566 on: October 09, 2018, 04:28:50 pm »
Anyone who challenges him that's an elected official is calling for their throats to be cut.

Ironbite-probably see a few other "billionaires" try to unseat him.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2567 on: October 09, 2018, 06:04:13 pm »
Bill Gates 2020?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2568 on: October 09, 2018, 06:08:41 pm »
So Niki Haley resigned from her position today stating "America is respected now." I didn't realize talking down to your allies treating them like shit, dropping out of deals the country has made, losing trust and palling around with Dictators equals respect.

Do you think Trump might have sacked her because she won't feed the mushroom.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2569 on: October 09, 2018, 06:28:28 pm »

1. Haley is going to get a job within the administration in the new year, to show that the Republicans aren't anti-woman or anti-minority (she's the daughter of Indian immigrants). Quite possibly for 2020 they'll kick Pence to the curb and run a Trump-Haley ticket.

2. She's setting up for a run of her own, probably challenging Trump in the 2020 primaries. She probably can't win, though--the Republicans have too many winner-take-all contests.

3. She's setting up for an independent run, trying to bleed just enough of the Republican vote (particularly in the South) to keep Trump out. Kasich might do the same thing with the Rust Belt.

Oh I'm sure she'll run for President in 2024. No one is going to challenge Trump in 2020. He may be one of the most hated presidents in recent times but he is the most loved president by the Republican party.

Anyone who challenges him that's an elected official is calling for their throats to be cut.

Anyone trying to challenge Trump from within the Republican Party will not succeed.

What might happen is that Haley and/or Kasich make runs as independent candidates, focusing on their particular regions where they can draw off votes (from anti-Trump Republicans who can't bring themselves to vote for the Democratic candidate but can sleep at night voting third-party for a Republican they would be fine having as President--never mind that there are basically no policy differences between them), and effectively ensure that the Democratic candidate wins states like Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, and probably also Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida--who knows, maybe even Texas.

Both would, at that point, have been out of any elected positions for a good time at that point.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #2570 on: October 09, 2018, 06:33:08 pm »
So Niki Haley resigned from her position today stating "America is respected now." I didn't realize talking down to your allies treating them like shit, dropping out of deals the country has made, losing trust and palling around with Dictators equals respect.

He didn't call her "fat" or "low-IQ," so I do not believe so.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #2571 on: October 09, 2018, 06:39:13 pm »

He didn't call her "fat" or "low-IQ," so I do not believe so.

He did say we've had a 'very special relationship'. Edit: Although he never says that the day they leave or to their face, he waits a few days and then it starts, once they are safely far enough away.

She might be bailing to avoid being completely drained by the dignity vampire.
« Last Edit: October 09, 2018, 06:56:48 pm by davedan »

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2572 on: October 09, 2018, 06:56:45 pm »

Anyone trying to challenge Trump from within the Republican Party will not succeed.

What might happen is that Haley and/or Kasich make runs as independent candidates, focusing on their particular regions where they can draw off votes (from anti-Trump Republicans who can't bring themselves to vote for the Democratic candidate but can sleep at night voting third-party for a Republican they would be fine having as President--never mind that there are basically no policy differences between them), and effectively ensure that the Democratic candidate wins states like Pennsylvania, Michigan and Wisconsin, and probably also Ohio, North Carolina, and Florida--who knows, maybe even Texas.

Both would, at that point, have been out of any elected positions for a good time at that point.

I think you're being a little too hopeful. I don't think they have any intentions of running as independents or leaving the Republican party. Republicans won't vote for them over Trump and Democrats won't vote for them either so there would be no point.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Dr. Weird

• Bishop
  • Gentlemen, Behold--Corn!!!
« Reply #2573 on: October 09, 2018, 06:58:44 pm »
Co-incidence?

Nikki Haley's resignation comes one day after an ethics watchdog requested an investigation into her acceptance of free flights on private jets

United Nations Ambassador Nikki Haley's abrupt resignation on Tuesday came one day after an ethics watchdog group requested the State Department's inspector general investigate her acceptance of seven free flights aboard private jets from a trio of South Carolina businessmen.

Haley, the former governor of South Carolina, listed the flights on her 2017 financial disclosure and asserted that each qualified for an exception based on her relationships with the businessmen.

But the group, Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, said in its complaint that Haley's financial disclosure did not provide enough information to make the assertion that the flights between New York, Washington, DC, and three South Carolina cities qualified for the exemption.

Those flights were most likely worth tens of thousands of dollars, CREW suggested.

Watchdog Group Calls For Probe Of Nikki Haley Flights Funded By Businessmen

“By accepting gifts of luxury private flights, Ambassador Haley seems to be falling in line with other Trump administration officials who are reaping personal benefits from their public positions,” Noah Bookbinder, executive director of the group, said in a statement. “Our ethics laws are clearly written to prevent even the appearance of corruption and improper influence.”

At a “minimum,” Bookbinder said, Haley should have been sensitive to the appearance of accepting pricey gifts from businessmen — especially at a time when other Trump officials have been caught in scandals for lavish travel.
Fundie Doublethink:
* The Bible is the inerrant, literal word of God when it talks about the Earth being created in six days and homosexuality being an abomination. The Bible is a flawed work interpreted by errant humans when it talks about loving your neighbor, turning the other cheek, and the evils of greed.
*  All life is sacred and precious from the moment of conception until the moment of birth.
* You're not a sexist.  You just think women are nothing but baby machines and servants.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2574 on: October 09, 2018, 07:00:34 pm »

I think you're being a little too hopeful. I don't think they have any intentions of running as independents or leaving the Republican party. Republicans won't vote for them over Trump and Democrats won't vote for them either so there would be no point.

Kasich at least seems to be gearing up for a Presidential run in 2020, and I think he knows that he has literally no chance of winning the Republican nomination as long as Trump hasn't been impeached and convicted.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2575 on: October 09, 2018, 08:18:29 pm »
Kasich is always gearing up for a Presidential run.  Of the elected officials, he's bout the only one who would try and Primary Trump.  Haley, not so much.

Ironbite-would be interesting to see though.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2576 on: October 09, 2018, 08:30:50 pm »
Kasich is always gearing up for a Presidential run.  Of the elected officials, he's bout the only one who would try and Primary Trump.  Haley, not so much.

Ironbite-would be interesting to see though.

But at the same time I think he knows he has no chance in the Republican primaries. I wouldn't be surprised if he does an independent run.

EDIT: https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/410610-rand-paul-on-political-climate-i-really-worry-that-someone-is-going-to-be?__twitter_impression=true

Rand Paul is worried that someone will be killed in the current political climate. I would remind the Senator from Kentucky that someone was: Heather Heyer.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2018, 06:59:58 pm by dpareja »

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2577 on: October 11, 2018, 10:14:18 am »
https://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/us-politics/trump-john-kelly-fire-white-house-olivia-nuzzi-pence-pompeo-oval-office-a8578486.html

TL;DR There's now a claim that Trump has tried to fire Kelly but doesn't know how to do it. Kelly is the one Trump calls when he needs to fire someone, but when he tries to fire Kelly, the chief of staff ignores the president and eventually Trump just kinda gives up.

Honestly, this all sounds unbelievable but it wouldn't be the craziest story from Trump administration and it is known that Trump is kinda of a coward about laying off people and can't really do it face to face. Besides, way too many times crazy stories have been confirmed when it comes to Trump so it's hard to disregard anything as obviously fake.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2578 on: October 11, 2018, 02:46:14 pm »
Gee the man who had no problem yelling You're Fired on TV could possibly be a fucking coward in real life?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2579 on: October 17, 2018, 02:36:28 am »
https://www.cbc.ca/news/opinion/khashoggi-column-1.4863809

Neil MacDonald on how Trump's election has exposed what the world's really like.