Author Topic: How The Heck Do I Block TinyPic Pop-Ups!  (Read 3370 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
How The Heck Do I Block TinyPic Pop-Ups!
« on: October 16, 2014, 10:15:32 pm »
MAYBE NOT THE RIGHT THREAD, BUT.......

.....My "Block Pop-Ups" won't block them!

I get these damned ad things!

I click it to turn it off, moments later, it pops up again.....

.....despite my having no malware since I'm clean & clean regularly!

How do I block them?

I don't want to use Flickr (The devil, Yahoo is FORCING you to join them to join Flickr).

I don't want to use Photobucket (It's great but it's wonky with videos).

I want to keep tinypic. It's free & unlimited!

How do I block those popups? Anyone else have this issue? My pop-up blocker is on & I have AdBlock.
I'm sick of this!

Must join Google+ to use YouTube! Must join Yahoo to use Flickr!

Yes, their are alternatives like Dailymotion but they don't have all the videos that YouTube have. All YouTubers should upload all their stuff on Dailymotion!

I'm so miffed! Corporate pigs grabbing other companies and, rather than giving the people THE RIGHT TO CHOICE, they force people to but their stuff.....while competitors are too stupid to make their alternatives as good or better than the main brand!

It makes me so mad! All YouTubers, even the "YouTube Celebs", need to move to Dailymotion, then make redesign Dailymotion to act like CLASSIC YouTube!

And, to anyone with a business, site, company, etc. If a big-shot offers to buy your company, JUST SAY NO! I don't care about the money signs in your eyes...JUST SAY FRICKIN' NO!!!

The people who invented Flickr, Google & YouTube were too stupid & greedy to say, NO! Google was bought from two good guys by some pigs! Said pigs then took YouTube cuz YouTube couldn't say NO! Flickr's founders didn't say NO!

Now, I can't use my FREAKIN' TINYPIC BECAUSE OF DAMNED SPAMMY POPUPS! WHEN WILL IT END? WHEN WILL THE MEEK INHERIT THE EARTH!!!

Sorry for the rant folks but I'm sick of this. I never imagined this free-wheeling, open, progressive 21st Century ('It's...Tha FUTURE!') Aquarian New Age to be so darn BACKWARDS! I was told all my life in school that The Gilded Age was over, that we would never have to relive it! That it was the bad old days and that we have all sorts of unions & anti-trust laws in place!

And finally....how the heck do I end these popups?

Maybe I can start a group on Facebook. The "YouTube to Dailymotion" group. Move everything there, then demand that Dailymotion get a redesign to become CLASSIC (easy to use, simple, etc.) YouTube, design-wise! Then, there will be a rival/alternative that can outdo YouTube in every way in content & everything!

Then, everyone will be able to ditch Google & Google-related stuff COMPLETELY!
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 10:20:19 pm by SpukiKitty »

Art Vandelay

Re: How The Heck Do I Block TinyPic Pop-Ups!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2014, 10:35:30 pm »
Try NoScript. Basically, it allows you to control which scripts on a site are enabled and which are not. Hopefully, you'll be able to block the pop ups while still viewing/uploading photos.
I never imagined this free-wheeling, open, progressive 21st Century ('It's...Tha FUTURE!') Aquarian New Age to be so darn BACKWARDS! I was told all my life in school that The Gilded Age was over, that we would never have to relive it! That it was the bad old days and that we have all sorts of unions & anti-trust laws in place!
So once again, reality is taking a giant shit all over your new age bullshit. You know, there's a very good reason why this seems to be a running theme. Just saying.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2014, 10:39:57 pm »
Try NoScript. Basically, it allows you to control which scripts on a site are enabled and which are not. Hopefully, you'll be able to block the pop ups while still viewing/uploading photos.
I never imagined this free-wheeling, open, progressive 21st Century ('It's...Tha FUTURE!') Aquarian New Age to be so darn BACKWARDS! I was told all my life in school that The Gilded Age was over, that we would never have to relive it! That it was the bad old days and that we have all sorts of unions & anti-trust laws in place!
So once again, reality is taking a giant shit all over your new age bullshit. You know, there's a very good reason why this seems to be a running theme. Just saying.

Do you have to be so mean-spirited?

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2014, 11:01:51 pm »
Google was bought from two good guys by some pigs!

Wait, I'm confused. Presumably the "two good guys" are Brin and Page, but who are the pigs and when did this buying happen? Because last I checked they still control most of Google.

Unless Brin and Page are the pigs, but then who are the two good guys?

Also: have you tried imgur? It's pretty decent.
Σא

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2014, 11:13:57 pm »
Google was bought from two good guys by some pigs!

Wait, I'm confused. Presumably the "two good guys" are Brin and Page, but who are the pigs and when did this buying happen? Because last I checked they still control most of Google.

Unless Brin and Page are the pigs, but then who are the two good guys?

Also: have you tried imgur? It's pretty decent.

I'll try your suggestion.

Thanks for being there, Paragon *hug*

Thank you, Sigmaleph. Imgur looks cool. Thank you for your help.

And sorry for my rantiness and my "New Agey" references. I know most folks here don't believe in spiritual stuff. I apologize for bringing it up.

How's Imgur with video uploads, Sig?

For the jerkier folks on here, I'll just ignore them.

Also, I always figured that this was more of an anti-fanaticism/bigotry/frummerism forum rather than exclusively a skeptic one. Some FQA/FSTDTs are in fact folks who have some sort of spirituality.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:22:00 pm by SpukiKitty »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2014, 11:15:59 pm »

If you have a problem with calling out irrational bullshit on a skeptic's forum, you're going to have a bad time.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2014, 08:31:43 am »

If you have a problem with calling out irrational bullshit on a skeptic's forum, you're going to have a bad time.

Referring to somebody's religious beliefs as "irrational bullshit"?  Maybe you're the one who deserves a bad time.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2014, 08:34:47 am »

Referring to somebody's religious beliefs as "irrational bullshit"?  Maybe you're the one who deserves a bad time.

...So religion (that thing that's based purely on blind faith for the sake of blind faith) is suddenly rational, now? I for one would absolutely love to know how that works.

You know, I've suddenly realised exactly why Spukikitty's rants really get on my tits so much. 9 times out of 10 when something she doesn't like happens, it's always "but it's the Age of Aquarius/Karma shouldn't allow that/their chakras are unaligned/whatever else. Whenever reality and her religion conflict, she thinks it's reality that's in the wrong. You see the problem? It's the same sort of thing with creationists. The stuff that can't technically be disproved is one thing (still irrational, argument from ignorance and all that), making objectively false claims in the name of religion is quite another and should always be called out for the bullshit that it is. Especially on a a forum based entirely on debunking/mocking religious bullshit.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 08:56:23 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2014, 01:23:18 pm »
How's Imgur with video uploads, Sig?

Sorry, don't think it has that. I only use it for images.
Σא

Offline Ironchew

• Official Edgelord
  • The Beast
  • The calm, intellectual Trotsky-like Trotskyist
« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2014, 02:19:53 pm »
Referring to somebody's religious beliefs as "irrational bullshit"?

About damn time they did.

Also, I second Art's suggestion. My setup is Adblock Plus + NoScript.
Consumption is not a politically combative act — refraining from consumption even less so.

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2014, 04:05:31 am »
I never had any problems with Google. Ever.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.