Author Topic: Couple Reasons Why Women Distrust the GOP  (Read 1070 times)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
Couple Reasons Why Women Distrust the GOP
« on: February 20, 2012, 04:59:24 pm »
In my aimless wanderings around the net for reasons to facepalm, I chanced across a blog. I don't often like quoting from blogs, but this one still caught my attention.

As previously noted, President Obama holds a 20-point margin among women over his Republican opponents, a gender gap of astounding proportions. The positions outlined above help explain why that gap is so large.

For those needing further justification, I’d like to enter two pieces of photographic evidence into the record:

The panel above was assembled last week by the Republican-run House Oversight and Government Reform Committee to discuss mandatory coverage of female contraception in insurance plans.

Now, what do these experts discussing female contraception have in common? If you answered that they all oppose the Obama administration’s policy, you’d be correct. But they have something else in common as well.

Any guesses? The five in question are, from left to right, the Most Reverend William Lori, a Catholic bishop; the Reverend Dr. Matthew Harrison, president of the Missouri synod of the Lutheran Church; C. Benn Mitchell, a professor of moral philosophy at Union University, a conservative Christian college in Tennessee; Rabbi Meir Soloveichik, a conservative Orthodox leader; and Craig Mitchell, an ethics professor at the Southwestern Baptist Theological Seminary.

Still no guesses? Look again. Do you notice, say, an absence of estrogen in the group?

Here’s the second photograph:

In Virginia, the Republican-dominated state legislature is close to enacting a law that would require women seeking abortions to undergo ultrasounds to determine the gestational age of the fetus. However, in pregnancies of 10 weeks or less — when most abortions are sought — such tests can be conducted only through “transvaginal ultrasounds” performed with the instrument above.

Think about that: As a condition of exercising her constitutional right to choose, a woman in Virginia must accept a government-mandated physical probe into her body, a probe that serves no medical function whatsoever. When Republicans argue that the Constitution offers no “right to privacy,” they clearly mean it, and this is where that line of thought inevitably leads them.

They give new meaning to the term “intrusive government,” and new inspiration for the growing gender gap.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Couple Reasons Why Women Distrust the GOP
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2012, 06:42:18 pm »
And yet women will vote for these idiots because....for some reason.

Ironbite-I honestly have no clue why either.