Author Topic: Another CEO Douche Canoe  (Read 1931 times)

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
Another CEO Douche Canoe
« on: November 16, 2012, 09:28:45 am »
Fuck Denny's, fuck Pappa Johns, fuck Hostess, fuck Applebee's, and most certainly fuck Chic Fil'A.

They act like they're the best job providers ever. Pretty stupid to threaten employees when they can easily make a lateral move and find another less-than-minimum wage job at say, Wafflehouse, which supposedly does provide healthcare coverage to its employees.

Dear CEOs, if you have employees that touch your nasty food, trust me; they need healthcare coverage. If you pass along your surcharge (while you debate on which yacht to buy while your employees work ridiculous hours with no benefits) then don't be surprised when people don't want to eat at your store (and two birds with one stone, they will be a lot healthier eating someplace else anyway).

Eat local and support your small businesses (their food is usually 10x better anyway).

http://z6mag.com/featured/john-metz-dennys-ceo-to-cut-hours-and-charge-5-percent-obamacare-surcharge-1615729.html

You didn't see us demanding an Iraq War surcharge, a Prescription Plan B surcharge, or a Tax Gift to the Wealthy surcharge during the W years.

Ok, rant over...for now.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 09:32:46 am by Qlockworkcanary »
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
Re: Another CEO Douche Canoe
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2012, 10:38:44 am »
In defense of Applebee's, that one douche was just one franchisee. Applebee's President actually went on record saying his remarks "were not the views or opinions of either Applebee's or other franchisees, although we respect his right to speak freely as an American."

And I don't know what Hostess did aside from go bankrupt. Which is fine by me because I never liked a single snack they produced. Not only was it bad for you, it tasted like shit.

Offline RinellaWasHere

• Man Without Pants
  • The Beast
  • The Scottish Storyteller
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2012, 10:49:11 am »
I'm glad IHOP hasn't paddled up Douche Creek yet.
Oh, you take the high road, and I'll take the low road...

My mother did not CHOOSE life. She planned for it.

Is that weird monkey-creature-looking-thing supposed to be a BLACK MAN?

It's Bi-Curious George, well known supporter of the gay agenda.

Offline Qlockworkcanary

• Bishop
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2012, 10:52:01 am »
Good point on Applebee's and Hostess. I was just on a rant. I mean, hostess is gross, empty calorie food and all, but at least they're not as douchey as the CEO of Pappa Johns and Denny's.

And yeah, I hope IHOP stays outta that creek.
"Out of the ash I rise with my red hair and eat men like air." - Sylvia Plath

Offline Material Defender

• Food Scientist in Space
  • The Beast
  • Pilot of the Pyro-GX
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2012, 11:00:19 am »
The wages of sin will be paid with the movement of customers!

It's all really non-sense. It's the 21st century version of how factory owners used to control their employees to vote the way they wanted through intimidation. Why we went to a secret ballot. You can cast vote for one guy and then tell them you voted for the one they wanted.
The material needs a defender more than the spiritual. If there is a higher power, it can defend itself from the material. Thus denotes 'higher power'.

"Not to know is bad. Not to want to know is worse. Not to hope is unthinkable. Not to care is unforgivable." -Nigerian Saying

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: November 16, 2012, 11:05:03 am »
I mean, hostess is gross, empty calorie food and all, but at least they're not as douchey as the CEO of Pappa Johns and Denny's.
On the other hand, if the producers of DunkAroos go under I'll be depressed for a while.

Offline agentCDE

• Bishop
  • Slacker Heathen Extraordinaire!
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2012, 12:40:20 pm »
What really gets me about all this? We're talking about people who HANDLE FOOD. They're not just screwing their employees health, but their customers too. But fuck safety, I got mine! Right?

Offline Moltar

• Bishop
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2012, 12:49:14 pm »
I mean, hostess is gross, empty calorie food and all, but at least they're not as douchey as the CEO of Pappa Johns and Denny's.
On the other hand, if the producers of DunkAroos go under I'll be depressed for a while.

DunkAroos are still being made!?

• The Beast
« Reply #8 on: November 16, 2012, 01:11:40 pm »

DunkAroos are still being made!?
If not Imma have a word or two with General Mills.