Author Topic: Crowning Words of Awesome  (Read 27639 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Crowning Words of Awesome
« on: January 04, 2012, 05:57:48 am »
Did a passage in a book, movie, tv show, etc., stir you in such a way that you have to share with the world? Share it here. If it is spoiler-y please use the spoiler tags like so:

(click to show/hide)

"What a wonder it is to see such stalwart bravado in one such as yourself. It is heartwarming, truly, to see that there are yet humans willing to risk a slow and torturous death in pursuit of our most sacred treasures." -Dalish Elf, Dragon Age: Origins

"Take another step, human, and I guarantee it shall be your last. My friends are dead and my life is in tatters because of you and your kin. I have nothing to lose, but you still possess your other eye." -City Elf, same as above

"Tread carefully, friend. If you intend to cross the path of one whose soul is so tightly woven into the realm of the arcane, I would not suggest you do it lightly." -Magi, same as above

"Ale may have dulled my senses enough so that I merely maim your pretty features, but should I become sober I will be in a mood to show you a new realm of pain and violence." -Dwarf Commoner, DA:O

"What I have seen and done to achieve my position defies belief. What I am capable of and will be party to in order to retain it would chill your soul." -Dwarf Noble, DA:O

"Yes... and what are they without the force? Take the greatest Jedi Knight, strip away the Force, and what remains? They rely on it, depend on it, more than they know. Watch as one tries to hold a blaster, as they try to hold a lightsaber, and all you will see is nothing more than a woman -- or a man. A child."  -Kreia, KOTOR

Spartacus Blood and Sand has been out for about 2 years but still... (Also RIP Andy aka the true Spartacus)
(click to show/hide)

When I joined the Corps, we didn't have any fancy-shmancy tanks. We had sticks! Two sticks, and a rock for the whole platoon — and we had to share the rock! Buck up, boy, you're one very lucky Marine!

“You accuse me of being a madman. What right have you to judge what is sane and what is not? I have fought with the shadows on the edge of your vision. I have seen the faces that laugh at you in your nightmares. I have smelt the foetid breath that issues from the mouth of hell itself. I have heard the silent voices that make your spine tingle with dread. I have entered the realms between worlds where there is no time or place. I have clashed with creatures the sight of which would sear your soul to the core. I have bested horrors that chill with a gaze and tempt unreasoning terror. I have faced death eye to eye and blade to blade. I have stared into the eyes of insanity and met their all-consuming stare. I have done all of this for you, for your protection, and the guarantee of a future for mankind. And yet you accuse me of being a madman, you who have never had your sanity tested so sorely. What right have you to call me a heretic and a blasphemer, who have not heard the whisper of dark gods in your ear? You are weak. Vulnerable. Human in your frailty. I am strong and yet still you judge me. And yet you still judge me for my sins, you who art most sinful to the heart? Only the insane have strength enough to prosper; only those that prosper truly judge what is sane.”

"The healthy human mind doesn't wake up in the morning thinking this is its last day on earth. But I think that's a luxury, not a curse. To know you're close to the end is a kind of freedom. Good time to take... inventory. Out-gunned. Outnumbered. Out of our minds. On a suicide mission. But the sand and rocks here stained with thousands of years of warfare... they will remember us. For this. Because out of all our vast array of nightmares, this is the one we choose for ourselves. We go forward like a breath exhaled from the earth. With vigor in our hearts and one goal in sight: We. Will. Kill him."

"Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice, Mason. We Russians know this better than anyone." 

“Paratrooper Joseph Beyrle, the only soldier known to have served with both US and Soviet armies, relates how the female commander of his Soviet tank battalion would always use the same stirring phrase, followed by her troops enthusiastic "UH-RAAAAAH!" When Beyrle asked for a translation it turned out to be: "Follow my ass as if you can have it!" “

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: Crowning Words of Awesome
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 07:07:24 pm »
"The eyes are the groin of the head." - Dwight Schrute, "The Office"

"Now let me correct you on a couple of things, OK? Aristotle was not Belgian. The central message of Buddhism is not 'Every man for himself.' And the London Underground is not a political movement. Those are all mistakes, Otto! I looked them up!" - Wanda, A Fish Called Wanda

"Alright, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade - make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your damn lemons, what am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! With the lemons. I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!" - Cave Johnson, Portal 2

"There is no such thing as an ugly language. Today I hear every language as if it were the only one, and when I hear of one that is dying, it overwhelms me as though it were the death of the Earth." - Elias Canetti

Also, here's some philosophical soap: http://www.drbronner.com/dr_bronners_philosophy.html
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 07:37:09 pm »
"You are made of spermacetic ointment, and you have whey in your veins instead of blood!"

Quote from Crime And Punishment by Dostoyevsky
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: January 04, 2012, 07:48:00 pm »
"You are made of spermacetic ointment, and you have whey in your veins instead of blood!"

"Your mother was a hamster, and your father smells of elderberries!"

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #4 on: January 04, 2012, 08:28:43 pm »

I agree with this. You're also rewarded with karma.

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #5 on: January 04, 2012, 08:31:44 pm »
"Ernest Hemingway once wrote, 'The world is a fine place and worth fighting for.' I agree with the second part." -William Somerset, "Se7en"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #6 on: January 06, 2012, 09:38:33 pm »

I agree with this. You're also rewarded with karma.

"What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

(click to show/hide)

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2012, 09:56:21 pm »
"In this world, there is right and there is wrong, and that distinction is not difficult to make."   -Superman (Kingdom Come)
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #8 on: January 07, 2012, 06:06:06 pm »
All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #9 on: January 07, 2012, 06:10:55 pm »
All right, I've been thinking. When life gives you lemons? Don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! 'I don't want your damn lemons! What am I supposed to do with these? Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's going to burn your house down! With the lemons! I'm going to get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that burns your house down!

I wanted to post that, but you beat me to it. ;)

"The eyes are the groin of the head."
- Dwight Schrute

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #10 on: January 07, 2012, 06:21:49 pm »
- Dwight Schrute

You said that twice...

q: so, why do you write these strong female characters?
a: because you're still asking me that question.

There's never been a true war that wasn't fought between two sets of people who were certain they were in the right. The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous

"This is a sword. an ax can chop wood; with a bow or a lance you can hunt; knives were the first of all tools. The sword is a thing man makes solely for the killing of their own kind; and those who don't carry them can still die on their blades. Only an honorable man can be trusted with them. What is honor?" "Honor is the debt we owe to ourselves, lord. Honor is duty fulfilled." "If you take the sword you take death: in the end, your own death, as well as your enemy's. What is duty, next to death?" "Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death is lighter than a feather."

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2012, 06:35:43 pm »
- Dwight Schrute

You said that twice...

q: so, why do you write these strong female characters?
a: because you're still asking me that question.

There's never been a true war that wasn't fought between two sets of people who were certain they were in the right. The really dangerous people believe they are doing whatever they are doing solely and only because it is without question the right thing to do. And that is what makes them dangerous

"This is a sword. an ax can chop wood; with a bow or a lance you can hunt; knives were the first of all tools. The sword is a thing man makes solely for the killing of their own kind; and those who don't carry them can still die on their blades. Only an honorable man can be trusted with them. What is honor?" "Honor is the debt we owe to ourselves, lord. Honor is duty fulfilled." "If you take the sword you take death: in the end, your own death, as well as your enemy's. What is duty, next to death?" "Duty is heavier than a mountain. Death is lighter than a feather."

Oops. Silly me, I'm forgetful. How about this:

"I've been involved in a lot of cults, both as a leader and a follower. You have more fun as a follower, but you make more money as a leader."
 - Creed, "The Office"

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 03:19:47 am »
“A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.”

&

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2012, 07:15:16 am »
“A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.”

And an ordinance technician at a dead run outranks everyone.
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Smilodon

• Warrior of Perim
  • Bishop
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2012, 05:43:20 pm »
"A few of us however, have a chance to escape the black sun..."

That was a line from Space 1999, but the first time I heard it was when it was sampled in a piece of music I was listening to.