Author Topic: Crowning Words of Awesome  (Read 27636 times)

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
Re: Crowning Words of Awesome
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2012, 09:26:13 pm »
“A sergeant in motion outranks a lieutenant who doesn't know what's going on.”

A good sergeant pretty much outranks a lieutenant anyway.
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2012, 11:10:33 pm »

Kinda what the quote means. :P

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
« Reply #17 on: January 09, 2012, 12:33:26 am »

Kinda what the quote means. :P

Sure, but in that case it's redundant. It's like saying "A tall man who is tall is taller than a short man who is short."
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #18 on: January 09, 2012, 12:39:28 am »
I would agree if it was all sergeants who were good. Not all of them are.

“They used to call the devil the father of lies. But for someone whose sin is meant to be pride you'd think that lying would leave something of a sour taste. So my theory is that when the devil wants to get something out of you, he doesn't lie at all. He tells you the exact, literal truth. And he lets you find your own way to hell.“

“But now, it is not as a woman descended from noble ancestry, but as one of the people that I am avenging lost freedom, my scourged, and marked body, the outraged chastity of my daughters. Roman lust has gone so far that not our very person, nor even age or virginity, are left unpolluted. But heaven is on the side of a righteous vengeance; a legion which dared to fight has perished; the rest are hiding themselves in their camp, or are thinking anxiously of flight. They will not sustain even the din and the shout of so many thousands, much less our charge and our blows. If you weigh well the strength of the armies, and the causes of the war, you will see that in this battle you must conquer or die. This is a woman's resolve; as for men, they may live and be slaves, and captive.“

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #19 on: January 10, 2012, 02:55:06 pm »
, , ,

"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #20 on: January 12, 2012, 02:19:35 pm »
"I agree that faith is essential to success in life ... but I do not accept your definition of faith, i.e. belief in life after death. In my view, all that is necessary for faith is the belief that by doing our best we shall come nearer to success and that success in our aims (the improvement of the lot of mankind, present and future) is worth attaining ... I maintain that faith in this world is perfectly possible without faith in another world."

--Rosalind Franklin

"Despite everything, I believe that people are really good at heart."

-Anne Frank

"Experience praises the most happy the one who made the most people happy."

-Karl Marx

"Do not believe in anything simply because you have heard it. Do not believe in anything simply because it is spoken and rumored by many. Do not believe in anything simply because it is found written in your religious books. Do not believe in anything merely on the authority of your teachers and elders. Do not believe in traditions because they have been handed down for many generations. But after observation and analysis, when you find that anything agrees with reason and is conducive to the good and benefit of one and all, then accept it and live up to it"

-Gautama Siddharta

"Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind"

-Attributed to Theodor Geisel.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2012, 02:21:44 pm by Lexikon »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #21 on: January 15, 2012, 07:06:53 am »
For sale. Baby shoes. Never worn.

-Hemingway. Also the best story ever told in only six words.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
« Reply #22 on: January 24, 2012, 12:32:24 am »
Cause we shouldn't got 9 days without words of awesome have some Jordan of Scrubs fame on relationships:

Jordan: Now that you've said what he wants to hear, he doesn't have to work for it! It's like when guys are really trying to sleep with you. When you finally give it up, there are no more flowers. Next thing you know, it's twenty years later, and you're standing over him while he sleeps, your third Martini in one hand and a steak knife in the other. And sure, he's taken a sleeping pill so you can slice his arm open a little bit without waking him up. But it's not satisfying. And you know why? Because you've lost the power. (Dr. Cox comes up) Hey PerPer. Did you ever figure out what happened to your arm? (His arm is sporting a noticeable bandage)
Dr. Cox: Nope.
Jordan: Phew.
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2012, 01:04:31 am »
"They grow 'em large in your neighborhood don't they?"

"And they grow them stupid in yours."

- Tazzik (Salarian hitman) to a Krogan in the Mass Effect: Redemption comic.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Scotsgit

• Is Reenacting Reality or Reality Reenacting?
  • The Beast
« Reply #24 on: February 17, 2012, 01:34:14 pm »
"I'll give the first a funeral as his due!" - Cyrano de Bergerac takes on an angry mob single-handed.

"I hope I give you the shits you fucking wimp!" Pte Spoon comes face-to-face with a Werewolf

"BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!"  "Harriers for the cup!"  Comissar Cain has his priorities right.
I am serious, and stop calling me Shirley!

Art Vandelay

« Reply #25 on: February 20, 2012, 07:30:29 am »
"It's very important for human beings to feel popular and well-liked amongst a large ground of people we don't care for" ~ Jerry Seinfeld.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 06:13:35 pm »
"Pretty, what do we blow up first?"
Wraith Squadron motto.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #27 on: February 20, 2012, 08:43:54 pm »
"You yellow dogs, you thought I'd never make it home from the land of Troy. You took my house to plunder, twisted my maids to serve your beds. You dared bid for my wife while I was still alive. Contempt was all you had for the gods who rule wide heaven, contempt for what men say of you hereafter. Your last hour has come. You die in blood."
- Odysseus, from The Odyssey (Fitzgerald translation), Book XXII, "Death in the Great Hall"
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #28 on: February 22, 2012, 05:04:13 pm »
The evil that men do does not invalidate the good that they do, nor does the good excuse the evil.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
« Reply #29 on: February 22, 2012, 05:22:44 pm »
"You yellow dogs, you thought I'd never make it home from the land of Troy. You took my house to plunder, twisted my maids to serve your beds. You dared bid for my wife while I was still alive. Contempt was all you had for the gods who rule wide heaven, contempt for what men say of you hereafter. Your last hour has come. You die in blood."
- Odysseus, from The Odyssey (Fitzgerald translation), Book XXII, "Death in the Great Hall"

But you just know there was the one guy who had just showed up that same day to see what the story was with the line of other guys queuing out the door. And he gets Odysseus'd. Bad day.