Author Topic: Ferguson murder  (Read 72185 times)

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
Re: Ferguson muder
« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2014, 12:27:12 am »
Gun safety 101: don't aim your weapon at anything you do not plan on shooting at.

This means the cops were either planning of slaughtering dozens of protestors, or they're idiots who shouldn't be allowed to hold anything more dangerous than a nerf gun.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2014, 01:15:35 am »
On second thought, the Guard would most likely fuck it up. My father's attempts to get the Alabama Guard to give up the Apache for the Blackhawk were unsuccessful, at the very least.

@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2014, 01:24:22 am »
Welp, we can officially call this a free speech issue. But they totally CAN'T be restricting our freedoms, they're not taking away our guns! It's almost like GUN DON'T FUCKING MATTER WHEN FREE SPEECH IS ON THE LINE.

Also, had someone on Twitter tell me that the police did interview the victim's friend. Anyone got a source for that? He didn't. Same guy also tried to say the officer aiming his sniper rifle was just using the scope to get a better view.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2014, 01:38:37 am »
Gun safety 101: don't aim your weapon at anything you do not plan on shooting at.

This means the cops were either planning of slaughtering dozens of protestors, or they're idiots who shouldn't be allowed to hold anything more dangerous than a nerf gun.

That was literally the first thing I was taught when learning how to shoot. The second was "keep your finger outside of the trigger guard until you're ready to shoot".
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2014, 10:46:28 am »
Welp, we can officially call this a free speech issue. But they totally CAN'T be restricting our freedoms, they're not taking away our guns! It's almost like GUN DON'T FUCKING MATTER WHEN FREE SPEECH IS ON THE LINE.

What the fuck does this have to do with gun control?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Ferguson murder
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 12:09:01 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/scrutiny-police-response-increases-ferguson-24973520

County Police Chief Jon Belmar said his officers have responded with "an incredible amount of restraint" as they've had rocks and bottles thrown at them, been shot at and had two dozen patrol vehicles destroyed.

So the protesters have actually used firearms? And there are also several claims that the protestors have been wildly rioting and looting stores. Granted that these claims come from people who describe the protestors as "chimps" and "nignogs" and talk about chimpout unironically so I am not taking those claims seriously until I see actual citations and proof.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:34 pm »
http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/scrutiny-police-response-increases-ferguson-24973520

County Police Chief Jon Belmar said his officers have responded with "an incredible amount of restraint" as they've had rocks and bottles thrown at them, been shot at and had two dozen patrol vehicles destroyed.

So the protesters have actually used firearms? And there are also several claims that the protestors have been wildly rioting and looting stores. Granted that these claims come from people who describe the protestors as "chimps" and "nignogs" and talk about chimpout unironically so I am not taking those claims seriously until I see actual citations and proof.

I've seen absolutely zero evidence that the police have been shot at. The protests have received massive coverage from all angles (despite the police trying to clamp down on media illegally), and there is no sign of gunshots from anyone other than police.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 12:20:50 pm »

What the fuck does this have to do with gun control?

Exactly. Gun nuts love to spew on about how they need guns to defend freedom, but conveniently are no where to be seen when free speech is on the line. In my rage, I didn't exactly word it very well.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Nemo

• Pope
« Reply #23 on: August 14, 2014, 12:56:20 pm »
Shouldn't the NRA types be chiming in any moment now about how this is why we need guns, this is the tyranny they've all warned us about?
"If it's white or Jewish then they're criminals, if it's two brown people killing each other ... meh, that's their culture and we should respect it ... cultural relativists should be ashamed of themselves." - Faisal Saeed Al Mutar

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #24 on: August 14, 2014, 01:29:20 pm »
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #25 on: August 14, 2014, 02:25:15 pm »
Oh Jesus Christ, I can't believe something that should be causing us to focusing on Barny Fife in an MRAP is being hijacked for gun control. But, okay, I'll bite. Here, let me go to one of the more popular gun blogs and see what I can dig up on this situation.

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/incendiary-image-day-ferguson-mo-armed-self-defense-editon/

http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/police-shooting-leads-neighborhood-looting/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/tyler-kee/predictable-outcomes-in-ferguson-mo/
http://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2014/08/robert-farago/breaking-militarized-missouri-police-go-rogue-in-riots/

Eh, and here's another from a different website, just for shits and giggles.

http://www.ammoland.com/2014/08/gun-sales-skyrocket-in-st-louis-in-wake-of-riots/

Remember, kids, just because HuffPo isn't reporting it doesn't mean it isn't being talked about.

But my biggest concern here isn't the silence of the NRA or the GOA, but rather what I stated at the beginning of my post: continued police militarization. I'm sorry, but I am of the firm belief that if Sheriff Andy and Deputy Fife can't deal with a situation with standard police equipment and instead need level 3 ballistic vests, camouflage, grenade launchers and landmine resistant trucks then it's time to call in the National fucking Guard. Leave the military actions to the god damn military.

http://www.nytimes.com/2014/06/09/us/war-gear-flows-to-police-departments.html

NEENAH, Wis. — Inside the municipal garage of this small lakefront city, parked next to the hefty orange snowplow, sits an even larger truck, this one painted in desert khaki. Weighing 30 tons and built to withstand land mines, the armored combat vehicle is one of hundreds showing up across the country, in police departments big and small.

The 9-foot-tall armored truck was intended for an overseas battlefield. But as President Obama ushers in the end of what he called America’s “long season of war,” the former tools of combat — M-16 rifles, grenade launchers, silencers and more — are ending up in local police departments, often with little public notice.

During the Obama administration, according to Pentagon data, police departments have received tens of thousands of machine guns; nearly 200,000 ammunition magazines; thousands of pieces of camouflage and night-vision equipment; and hundreds of silencers, armored cars and aircraft.

The equipment has been added to the armories of police departments that already look and act like military units. Police SWAT teams are now deployed tens of thousands of times each year, increasingly for routine jobs. Masked, heavily armed police officers in Louisiana raided a nightclub in 2006 as part of a liquor inspection. In Florida in 2010, officers in SWAT gear and with guns drawn carried out raids on barbershops that mostly led only to charges of “barbering without a license.”

Besides, I thought we were supposed to be "getting weapons of war off our streets." What happened to that?

God damn it, now I've pissed myself off. I'll be in the angry dome.
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
« Reply #26 on: August 14, 2014, 02:31:29 pm »
Who the hell is making this about gun control? We're just pointing out the irony of the rhetoric that gun nuts spew in regards to the situation in Ferguson.

EDIT: Also, first link: Gun owners defending against looters, not defending against police abuse, also a completely editorialized article that puts words into peoples' mouths. Second link: About looting, not guns. Third link: About gun sales, not the protests. Fourth link: Not about guns. Fifth link: About gun sales, not the protests.

Not to mention that, again, the mention of gun rights groups isn't about gun control, its about the hypocrisy and irony of their "we use guns to protect our rights" rhetoric. Furthermore, the only night with rioting was Sunday night.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 02:40:54 pm by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #27 on: August 14, 2014, 08:51:56 pm »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO1SKC6dK7o" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GO1SKC6dK7o</a>

And some lovely comments:

They don't have the right to tell you to do that, and certainly not the right to shoot at you with rubber bullets if you don't listen.

Actually they do have the right to get you off the streets. It isn't your say to be over the power of the law. They were keeping them safe till they threw bricks. They shouldn't have been protesting over a death of a child. This thing happens every day but nobody cares till "the police brutality" shit started.

Protesting at night. Isn't that what caused the looting and the fires? Unfortunatly these people can't be trusted to not destroy the town and need to be watched and told by police to go home. 

It isn't a race fight. There are many reasons things happen to the races. White men get called out on doing wrong things, Latino community gets called out on stereotypical things and the black community gets called out for their own problems. The reason these races get called out is because of how we make ourselves out to be towards others.

They treat the blacks and Latinos this way only because we make ourselves seem bad.

Black people came and started to look from grocery stores and side stores after this happened. Obviously nobody cares.. It's just another death

Every single thing that happens is justified because looting.  That's what a lot of these situations seem to boil down to.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 08:54:00 pm by Iosa the Invincible »

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #28 on: August 14, 2014, 09:11:09 pm »
Every single thing that happens is justified because looting.  That's what a lot of these situations seem to boil down to.
That's why I was annoyed at the looters. They gave these assholes the excuse they need to justify the police action in their minds and takes the attention away from the actual protest. I understand the anger and the public reaction turning against the protesters is unjustified even with the looting but it was still a dumb move.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #29 on: August 14, 2014, 10:41:58 pm »
Okay, so since this topic hasn't gotten much attention I'll post about everything that's been going on since.

* As you see in the video, cops fired on a peaceful protest with tear gas and rubber buckshot, and other photos show them with pepperball guns. No evidence that any actual live ammunition has been fired, though the cops have made spurious claims of the protesters shooting that are not backed up by any other evidence. A limited amount of looting and burning was done on the first night of the protests, and has not been repeated. Despite claims by the police of over a dozen cop cars being destroyed by rioters, there is likewise no evidence.

* The Huffington Post and Washington Post had reporters in a local McDonalds filming the action. The county police (the riot cop/SWAT guys) burst in to kick everyone out, then arrested the reporters for not moving fast enough. The St. Louis chief of police was called and had no idea this was going on. Apparently the riot cops were essentially acting with no higher authority to control them and were basically allowed to roam free and act out their wannabe soldier power trips.

* Al-Jazeera's reporters were shot with rubber buckshot and had a tear gas canister fired at them despite very obviously being the press (they had cameras and lights on tripods set up). The police came after driving them off and dismantled their gear. They later attempted to claim that the reporters were shot at by accident and the police hustled them into an APC for their safety and were just taking down their gear to help pack up. The reporters have called bullshit on them.

* This afternoon, the governor officially pulled the county police out and had them replaced with the state police, led by Capt. Johnson (a black man who grew up in the neighborhood), which included many black cops. Shockingly enough, treating the protesters like human beings and allowing them to peacefully address their grievances calmed everything down immediately.

* The protesters marched peacefully for the rest of the day and night, accompanied by regular uniformed police with no riot gear. Someone in the crowd was injured by a vehicle or fell ill and a police SUV took her to the hospital, with the New Black Panthers acting as impromptu traffic police. The St. Louis police chief arrived to meet with the protesters and take selfies.

* NYC and St. Louis held their own protests. The NYPD temporarily corralled the protesters and 4 people were arrested (including Jason Woody, one of the big Occupy protesters), but the rest were allowed to exit the area. A live streamer filming it attempted to stir up the crowd by screaming that the cops would arrest thousands, but everyone in the crowd told him to shut the fuck up.